Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by weasel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:35 am

Hard to be certain from the footage but even though Bamford isn't elbowed the Villa players hand is very close to Bamford's face and eye area so there could have been a scratch which even if not as hefty, and as clear cut, as an elbow to the face would still cause a reaction especially if it was in the eye.

It is what it is with strikers, they can look awful one minute then bang in a great goal a minute later. Bamford has scored some crackers for us and also missed some sitters but he is still our most likely scorer especially given that Roofe hasn't looked sharp since his return and Roberts, despite not playing as a striker, has missed a lot of chances.

Bamford is probably key to our chance of winning the play-offs.
Senor El Weasel

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:26 am

Bamford will play, he is the best option we have upfront. We will go into the play-offs with a starting line-up consisting of the players who started the second half against Villa.
We're going up like there is no gravity!

Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mick Jones shoulder » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:49 am

Can see the wet flannel getting a retrospective for simulation and deservedly so. If anything makes my blood boil it's acting, Grealish yesterday another example of why we now have a non contact sport.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:07 am

Paddy could have royally screwed this up here, could get a retrospective ban for deceiving the ref which is a 2 or 3 game ban.

Then we are absolutely buggered :(

Roberts 3 goals all season.
Roofe 1 goal in 13.

Oww Paddy what have you done :cry:

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:42 am

It's a strange one with the Bamford incident because he doesn't actually fall to the ground until he is pushed from behind whilst holding his head - that push is right in front of the referee and is a red card offence on its own. Bamford after the initial incident appears to be holding his face but doesn't throw himself to the ground, which leads me to wonder if there was some sort of scratch, however slight. Whilst he is holding his face he is then pushed from behind and obviously falls to the ground at that point. The sent off player may even put his foot into Bamford whilst Bamford is on the floor. To be fair to Bamford he actually gets back up from the floor quickly and isn't making a meal out of it at all. Watch from about 2m 30 seconds.

http://goals2.veuclips.com/player/html/ ... autoplay=1
Senor El Weasel

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:27 pm

According to Dermott Gallagher on Sky ref watch this morning, he suggests it will be looked at by the panel and if found guilty of simulation it will be a 2 game ban!

onemoreslogan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by onemoreslogan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:49 pm

weasel wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:35 am
It is what it is with strikers, they can look awful one minute then bang in a great goal a minute later. Bamford has scored some crackers for us and also missed some sitters but he is still our most likely scorer especially given that Roofe hasn't looked sharp since his return and Roberts, despite not playing as a striker, has missed a lot of chances.

Bamford is probably key to our chance of winning the play-offs.
Completely agree with this assessment as much as I wish it weren't so. Bamford doesn't inspire much confidence, especially of late.

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:11 pm

2 game ban would mean he misses Ipswich and the first leg of the semis, not ideal but not too bad.
As for his form, his head has dropped, missing chances has effected his whole game now which is effecting the team, I belive he will be the man to score the goal that sends us up. The play offs is a clean slate
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:48 pm

Tbh I would stick Pontus upfront at least he will get on the end of all the crosses

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:03 pm

joelufc20 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:48 pm
Tbh I would stick Pontus upfront at least he will get on the end of all the crosses

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Have you not seen the 'quality' of our crosses? The people sat in the first row have more chance of getting on the end of our crosses than our strikers do.
Senor El Weasel

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:15 am

What did the linesman see regarding Bamford? He definately called the ref over and raised his elbow to explain something that he saw...did he see something we didn't in all that nonsense. I know there are cameras everywhere, but there was so much going on that maybe cameras didn't pick everything up when/if Paddy was clobbered

Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:45 pm

Been charged by the EFL , rightly so in my opinion, just hope it’s a one game ban but could be a 3 game ban which would obviously rule him out of the two semifinals, has let everyone down and just hope Roofe can hit form asap

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:58 pm

Dermott Gallagher said two games.....but it will be what it will be.

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:03 pm

He was always going to be pulled up on that, but how did Hourihane get away with the punch on Klich? Not violent conduct because he didn’t throw himself to the ground? I’m confused.
Bamford has work to do to make it up to everyone, let’s hope he can do that in the second leg of the semi final and the final. He has undoubted ability at this level
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

Irish Ian
Manager
Manager

Post by Irish Ian » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:36 pm

Plus both sides are being done for not controlling their players.

From the Villa game thread:

Re: Leeds Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread
Goals for today. In no particular order.

No fan trouble.
No injuries
No red cards
A clean sheet.

:flog: :flog: :flog:
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:53 pm

I think that the linesman should have to come out and explain what he actually saw. He clearly indicated an elbow to the ref. If he didn't actually see it happen then he is culpable as much as Bamford for reporting something he didn't see, causing the whole sorry mess!

YorkshireSquare
Site Admin
Site Admin
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:48 pm

dezzy wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:03 pm
He was always going to be pulled up on that, but how did Hourihane get away with the punch on Klich? Not violent conduct because he didn’t throw himself to the ground? I’m confused.
Bamford has work to do to make it up to everyone, let’s hope he can do that in the second leg of the semi final and the final. He has undoubted ability at this level

Hourihane started the whole thing, was involved in two separate physical altercations including a punch and gets off with a yellow!

:x :?
Help the site by making your Amazon purchases through our afiliate link.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Wed May 01, 2019 6:21 am

YorkshireSquare wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:48 pm
Hourihane started the whole thing, was involved in two separate physical altercations including a punch and gets off with a yellow!

:x :?
The instigator of the whole incident was Hourihane so it is ludicrous if the Villa midfielder escapes a ban.

To be truthful Villa & a out of control referee caused all the problems throughout the game.

Bamford is a utter tit !

SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM » Wed May 01, 2019 8:44 am

I don't like to see any simulation in a game, it is cheating, pure and simple, and totally spoils it from a fans' point of view.

However, I feel there are mitigating circumstances here for Bamford, as I doubt he would have done any such thing if our players weren't being attacked. It's not the sort of behaviour he normally indulges in.
Why be happy when you could be normal.

Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton » Wed May 01, 2019 9:23 am

I guess it is was the linesman fooled? if not then Bamford should appeal as something did happen.
If he cheated then he is the enemy of Leeds and MB who hates cheating(Alioski dive for example)
the only way he can redeem himself is by firing us into the prem.
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains

Advertisment