Leeds Utd v Preston Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:07 pm I love Bailey :love: .....
Maybe you should change your name to Bailey Bear
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Still don't think we were at our fluent best, many sloppy passes, but we didn't really need to get out of first gear today. A good comfortable win, as the last couple of games we've had a nervy last few minutes, so should give the players a conference boost.

Positives:
Tyler Roberts - those goals will give him so much confidence in front of goal now. The confidence to do the little chip for his first showed glimpses of the potential we saw in him.
Harrison - seems to have stepped up a level thanks to the goal at Millwall. Should have scored the one that hit the post. Backtracked and fought for every lost cause and won us the corner for the first goal.
Douglas - games like this show why his signing was so important. Breaking down the opposition from his set piece deliveries, same as Rotherham.
Saiz - a joy to watch. His through ball for Harrison that hit the post belongs in a museum.

Negatives:
Saiz not getting an assist for said through ball.
Wasting some big chances, on another day that could cost us. We need to be more clinical.
No Clarke, why bring on Dallas instead? Such a pointless sub.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:27 pm
Naughty ges, you interfered with my love of our Bailey :)
But you know me well, I also love Bailey's original, in a half pint glass filled with ice, and Bailey's poured all over it :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:44 pm Naughty ges, you interfered with my love of our Bailey :)
But you know me well, I also love Bailey's original, in a half pint glass filled with ice, and Bailey's poured all over it :lol:
Half pint :o :o

A drink that tastes so much nicer around Christmas time, for some strange reason.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:42 pm Maybe you should change your name to Bailey Bear
:shock: I don't think our resident bear would stand for that faaip.....I'd be in 'The Shed' before I could say Bailey Peacock-Farrel :o
gessa

Post by gessa »

How about Bailey Boozer
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:30 pm That ball for Roberts first was pinpoint from 40 - 50 yards with perfect pace.....defensively he’s everywhere - will be getting my vote.
Pontus back to his very best too 😂
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:52 pm Pontus back to his very best too 😂
Immense first 15, when they were on top.
BPF too.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:01 pm Immense first 15, when they were on top.
BPF too.
Pontus was on top of his game all night with interceptions, tackles, commanding in the air

He reads the game so well
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Really enjoyed that game, as I have most of them this season. I thought we played some super stuff, and there were some cracking performances, MOM is going to be a struggle again. Nice to see the backup players coming into their own. I thought Harrison was excellent, and unlucky not to be on the scoresheet, - his pass for the first Klich miss was Pabloesque - and both of Roberts' finishes were top drawer. KP knocking those 50 yard quarterback passes as if he was a seasoned international. Samu wreaking havoc in midfield with his quick spins and lung bursting runs. Klich's lovely chip for Roberts's second. We might have a few wobbles in defence, but they all played well, and No Risk, No Reward is the Marcelo policy. Marvellous. All is well in the house of Bielsa.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:50 pm How about Bailey Boozer
How about giving you a smack on the head :chair:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Cracking win - lovely feeling.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

sloppy first 15 and a bit edgy into the second half till we got our second. glad roberts got on the score sheet will give the young lad bags of confidence that. harrison seems to be getting better every game. saiz was saiz and jannson was solid at the back. overall a comfortable win the scoreline could and should have been greater but lets not kid ourselfs preston were very poor and brum will be far tougher nut to crack but saying that you only can dispatch whats in front of you. mot
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Bielsa post Preston
Last edited by rab_rant on Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Young fans predictions
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

South Stand Synopsis
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 am South Stand Synopsis
This fella is bang on about Pontus & Phillips, immense again last night

He's spot on about Cjay's love of his life too
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Yes, we wasted too many chances, yes Preston had us on the backfoot for a spell in second half and yes, we could have been better but lets be fair guys and girls, the football that Bielsa has brought to Elland Road is just a joy to behold right now. I am going to the game against the Blues on Saturday and I can honestly say, after 4 decades of supporting LUFC, rarely have I been so excited to come up for a match. Some of the attacking play is just breathtaking at the moment.

Preston were very open, Blues will be set up very differently by Monk no doubt about that at all but if we play anything like our best we should beat them. Cant bloody wait to see a packed Elland Road and roar the boys on. MOT
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a joy to watch, so pleasing on the eye.

Yes we got off to a slow start however, when we found our rhythm we were totally in command, different class to be honest. The opposition are always going to have moments in a game as PNE did for about ten minutes in the 2nd half but then their momentum was short-lived as Leeds overwhelmed the Lilywhites.
Bielsa has turned our players careers around to a level they could only dream of last season. I use to stand there waiting for something to happen, there were times when it never came & I'd walk away from games totally disgruntled. Not the case now it is full on excitement where expectation is on a high every time we construct some wonderful moves, at the other end I don't feel nervous anymore as our defenders are right on their game as they strive to maintain clean sheets. The whole experience is total joy in my eyes which is all down to our Argentinian god who has made our team look like worldbeaters which has made 1000's & 1000's of deprived Leeds fans very happy, in fact we are buzzing & can't wait for the next game !

Positives

Jansson back to his very best this season, coasted Norwich, towering at Millwall, immense & ran the show from the back last night.
Phillips.....Bielsa has turned KP into a proper footballer, someone compared him to Pirlo the other week that made me laugh at the time but he has all the attributes of Pirlo's game. Outstanding once again & just pips Pontus for the MOTM imo!
Saiz, another class performance from the little man, a constant threat who must be a nightmare to mark as he goes pass defenders so easily.
Harrison, with games the improvement in this lad is there to be seen.
Roberts, at times looked a bit lost probably needing time to settle in. So pleased he took his chances really well, those goals must have given him plenty of confidence to progress further in his Leeds career.
The fluency of our play was awesome at times.
Our fitness levels going into the 90th minute are incredible

Negatives

Should have scored 7 or 8, we missed three one-on-ones

7 Peacock-Farrell
8 Ayling
7 Cooper
9 Jansson
7 Douglas
9 Phillips MOTM
8 Harrison
8 Kilch
9 Saiz
6 Alioski
8 Roberts
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:37 am This fella is bang on about Pontus & Phillips, immense again last night
There was one moment with Pontus near the touchline where you thought
he is going to loose it and then he does a step over and a Cruyff turn and leaves
the opposition completely bewildered... they are thinking to themselves
centre backs are not allowed to do that... those types of moves are illegal
for anyone playing in a back four... we need to put in a complaint to the EFL
that Leeds are not playing traditional football... there needs to be new rules
written stating exactly what centre backs are allowed to do, like heading and
hacking the ball away... fouls should be given against any centre back who
shows any fancy footwork... it makes the game too confusing for the opposition.

When Pontus did those little tricks the Preston commentators were gobsmacked.
They could not believe what they were seeing. Jaws could be heard being lifted
off the floor.