Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread

Post by lufc1304 »

danhirons wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:39 pm going to be a repeat of last season I'm afraid

fewer points than last season at this stage, just lost at home to a team in the bottom three, and no strength in depth throughout the squad, only 2 wins in last five is not promotion form.

same has just happened as last year, new manager comes in with new ideas - new manager boost - tactics get found out and we gain fewer points

klich will be found out as the average player he is
roofe's purple patch will end
saiz will disappear back into the player you saw at the end of last season
Good to see you remaining positive, Dan! ;-)
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:51 pm People again are far too quick to judge Roberts - first match and they were writing him off as not being good enough, second match he was a world beater and then now he is back to being poor again. Fans need to give the lad at least a meaningful run of matches before judging.
Looks a decent player, think everyone scored him fairly high this week. Never looked like scoring as he didn't get into many good positions but played well outside of that. I scored him a 7.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

danhirons wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:39 pm going to be a repeat of last season I'm afraid

fewer points than last season at this stage, just lost at home to a team in the bottom three, and no strength in depth throughout the squad, only 2 wins in last five is not promotion form.

same has just happened as last year, new manager comes in with new ideas - new manager boost - tactics get found out and we gain fewer points

klich will be found out as the average player he is
roofe's purple patch will end
saiz will disappear back into the player you saw at the end of last season
That’s really cheered me up! Nothing like having faith, the difference this year is we have added a couple of quality players and have a world class coach who will improve the players by 10/20 % , we were always going to suffer a defeat and in my view I would rather it be a team lower end of the table than someone around us at the top, hoping for a win Friday but would settle for a draw, as we all know it’s a very long season ahead with many ups and downs
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

weasel wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:51 pm People again are far too quick to judge Roberts - first match and they were writing him off as not being good enough, second match he was a world beater and then now he is back to being poor again. Fans need to give the lad at least a meaningful run of matches before judging.
Hi weasel,

At no time did I or am I writing him off and nor did I say he looked a world beater against Preston. In fact I said he did very little for 60 minutes but still bagged 2 goals which is the life of a forward. That is what they are paid to do.
What I DID say today is that I am not convinced that he will get plenty of goals and that he is likely to be down the pecking order once we have Roofe and a fully fit Izzy Brown.
available.
But I will love it if he proves me wrong and bangs in a couple against Sheff Wed.
He is still only a young man and hopefully his all round game will improve over time.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden