Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Firstly great to see Ges, Ang & Gurj before the game even though it was short & sweet

Onto the game, well folks it was just one of those days when we just wasn't at the races.

Two soft goals in the first 30 minutes more or less sealed our fate as we struggled to develop any rhythm with far too many passes going astray with the fluency of our usual play disrupted by a dogged Brum team intent on spending 60 minutes of the game wasting time, players in rotation falling over at will feigning injury, keeper moving the ball to the other side of the goal & taking an age on a goal-kick, deliberation on every throw-in, substitutions & stoppage in play, gamesmanship at it's very worst.
Also the referee was also far too petty & he didn't deal with Brum's tedious tactics adequately enough imo which made for a scruffy awful game, at least he got something right by adding on eight minutes of added-on-time. Only surprise for me was we scored as it looked like we wouldn't hit the net if we played all night.
We moved on to the next game at Hillsborough & I expect to see a bounce-back effect after today's blip.

4 Peacock-Farrell
5 Ayling
7 Jansson MOTM
7 Cooper
5 Douglas
4 Phillips
5 Harrison
6 Klich
6 Saiz
6 Alioski
7 Roberts
7 Dallas
5 Edmondson
5 Forshaw
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Not that it contributes to the price of fish, but early on last season Wolves lost at home to Cardiff and it was also a fluke - didn't matter in the end.
Things happen and it removes the fear of first defeat - we lost to a wily coyote.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Didn't think we'd lose ,but reckoned its be a hard and tight game . No game is a banker we have to realise that and I thought this game would be close enough to take a point from. Performance wise I can't say but we're not going to outplay opponent every game home/or away. Who'd take a win next game ...?and put this result to bed, I know I would.
MOT.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:00 pm thought we was poor today. no real creativity or penetration . need to move the ball a lot quicker at times especially when teams come with spoil tactics. missed roofe and pablo today. first loss dust ourselfs down lessons learnt and go again.
Yet we created about 8 chances ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:31 pm Not that it contributes to the price of fish, but early on last season Wolves lost at home to Cardiff and it was also a fluke - didn't matter in the end.
Things happen and it removes the fear of first defeat - we lost to a wily coyote.
And they wasn't top of the league after they lost that game Norm
1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:33 pm Didn't think we'd lose ,but reckoned its be a hard and tight game . No game is a banker we have to realise that and I thought this game would be close enough to take a point from. Performance wise I can't say but we're not going to outplay opponent every game home/or away. Who'd take a win next game ...?and put this result to bed, I know I would.
MOT.
I reckon we will win the next game cheered on by 4.500 Leeds fans Paddy
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just a pity we lost to Monk!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:04 pm Chalk it up to experience and several key players out. It does show how good Roofe actually is and how much we miss the genius of Pablo
Losing Pablo & Roofe has certainly affected the fluency of our play :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just dont lose vs Wednesday.

Losing can quickly become a habit.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:48 pm Hope you're watching this!
I watch every game Dan

I'll endorsed what I posted up earlier:

"Dan I know we will lose games at some stage however with Bielsa at the helm he has instilled a strong mental attitude into the players I'd expect them to show resilience & bounce back from a defeat not roll over & die as these players did under Christiansen"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:18 pm Hope this makes us realise were just an average team and been playing above our means lately
We are much better than today's performance

With 35 minutes to go there was no Phillips & Klich on the pitch plus Roofe, Hernandez & Berardi are still out injured, that is five of the team who played a massive part during our good run.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:47 pm Just a pity we lost to Monk!
Poor errors & extreme gamesmanship (all under Monk's instructions) lost us that game

Put Birmingham on the list with teams Millwall & Boro' I wouldn't want to watch every week Swannie
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:26 pm Firstly great to see Ges, Ang & Gurj before the game even though it was short & sweet

Onto the game, well folks it was just one of those days when we just wasn't at the races.

Two soft goals in the first 30 minutes more or less sealed our fate as we struggled to develop any rhythm with far too many passes going astray with the fluency of our usual play disrupted by a dogged Brum team intent on spending 60 minutes of the game wasting time, players in rotation falling over at will feigning injury, keeper moving the ball to the other side of the goal & taking an age on a goal-kick, deliberation on every throw-in, substitutions & stoppage in play, gamesmanship at it's very worst.
Also the referee was also far too petty & he didn't deal with Brum's tedious tactics adequately enough imo which made for a scruffy awful game, at least he got something right by adding on eight minutes of added-on-time. Only surprise for me was we scored as it looked like we wouldn't hit the net if we played all night.
We moved on to the next game at Hillsborough & I expect to see a bounce-back effect after today's blip.

4 Peacock-Farrell
5 Ayling
7 Jansson MOTM
7 Cooper
5 Douglas
4 Phillips
5 Harrison
6 Klich
6 Saiz
6 Alioski
7 Roberts
7 Dallas
5 Edmondson
5 Forshaw
Can I ask why you gave MOTM to Jansson? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:05 pm We are much better than today's performance

With 35 minutes to go there was no Phillips & Klich on the pitch plus Roofe, Hernandez & Berardi are still out injured, that is five of the team who played a massive part during our good run.
Bielsa took Phillips and Klich off though.... :bear:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:11 pm Can I ask why you gave MOTM to Jansson? :bear:
Because I thought he defended well Ang
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:12 pm Bielsa took Phillips and Klich off though.... :bear:
Both have been excellent for us this season & will still play a major part in games to come

It was just a bad day at the office

Our actual first XI when fit are very good
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:17 pm Because I thought he defended well Ang
Ok. I thought he dithered, took too long on the ball etc

What are your thoughts on your fave Phillips?

:bear:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:47 pm Just a pity we lost to Monk!
More than a pity :evil: :bear:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:24 pm What are your thoughts on your fave Phillips?
:bear:
Had a poor game Ang

KP will be back :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:24 pm Ok. I thought he dithered, took too long on the ball
Thought Pontus made less errors than most

No one really stood out imo Ang