Bargain topic

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Bargain topic

Post by 1964white »

I had been looking for a Nelly Furtado song 'All Good Things (Come To An End)' & found it on her 2006 album 'Loose' for 50p :whistle:

I have no shame :)

1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:31 pm
Lily Allen 'It's Not Me, It's You - I know, I know I know :duno: but I really enjoy some of the female singers of late such as Rita Ora, Janelle Monae, Beyonce, I even like a song being constantly played on the radio by Little Mix :shock: took a chance on this CD as I do like a couple of Allen's songs
So pleased with this purchase a few months ago, one of the best electropop albums of the noughties, a cracker imo!

I won't be nominating Lily & Nelly's songs in the Mega Song Poll you'll be glad to hear :lol:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:20 pm So pleased with this purchase a few months ago, one of the best electropop albums of the noughties, a cracker imo!

I won't be nominating Lily & Nelly's songs in the Mega Song Poll you'll be glad to hear :lol:
Good. She is one annoying tw*t :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:30 pm Good. She is one annoying tw*t :bear:
Why young lady ?
gessa

Post by gessa »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:30 pm Good. She is one annoying tw*t :bear:
Come on Ang, get off that fence. :-D :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:53 pm Come on Ang, get off that fence. :-D :-D
She'll be giving me what for at the match tomorrow if she can get pass the stewards :lol:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:44 pm Why young lady ?
Lily Allen? the one who apologised on behalf of the nation for letting down all those migrants stuck in France just waiting to get over to the land of milk and honey?? Perhaps the kind of migrant who passed himself off as a child and managed 6 weeks in high school before children in his class questioned his age.... nearer 30 than 15!!! Lily who is known as "silly Lily" for her ridiculous opinions. I do try to separate politics from music but I make an exception in this case. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:36 pm Lily Allen? the one who apologised on behalf of the nation for letting down all those migrants stuck in France just waiting to get over to the land of milk and honey?? Perhaps the kind of migrant who passed himself off as a child and managed 6 weeks in high school before children in his class questioned his age.... nearer 30 than 15!!! Lily who is known as "silly Lily" for her ridiculous opinions. I do try to separate politics from music but I make an exception in this case. :bear:
Well young lady I was unaware of her past :oops:

I suppose we could discover lots of dirt with many musicians/artists if we dig deep enough

All I did is buy her CD & enjoy it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A money saving tip for those of you who have to purchase CD's for Christmas presents

HMV v AMAZON saving shocker :shock:

Mrs 64 saved herself £9 purchasing six cd's I wanted for Christmas from HMV (York)

All six were in the 2 for £15 deal

HMV = £45
Amazon = £54

I need to order two books for Jill so I'll be checking out Waterstones in Scarborough next week before ordering online
hector

Post by hector »

Mrs H dragged me into the local (14 miles away) Salvation Army charity shop in Andover.... Whilst she was rumaging down the ladies section, I perused the gentlemens clothes rail...... I asertained that all clothes were thoroughly cleaned and pressed before being hung up, so decided to purchase a pair of nice looking trousers..... the grand total was £1.00

Bargain I thought, got home and found that they did indeed have a laundry ticket in them, and they fit..... Only down side is that they have a blokes name all the way round the waist band (on the inside).....

Who is this Karl Largerfield chap??
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:10 pm Mrs H dragged me into the local (14 miles away) Salvation Army charity shop in Andover.... Whilst she was rumaging down the ladies section, I perused the gentlemens clothes rail...... I asertained that all clothes were thoroughly cleaned and pressed before being hung up, so decided to purchase a pair of nice looking trousers..... the grad total was £1.00

Bargain I thought, got home and found that they did indeed have a laundry ticket in them, and they fit..... Only down side is that they have a blokes name all the war round the waist band (on the inside).....

Who is this Karl Largerfield chap??
Never heard of him :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bought these two cd's for £7 from a great record shop Revolutions Music I found in Scarborough yesterday

Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 17.25.32.png
Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 17.25.32.png (169.63 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 17.29.53.png
Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 17.29.53.png (227.25 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
hector

Post by hector »

I have just started to listen to Sweet properly and have the one you have just bought.... they did a lot of very good stuff and were very under-rated, much much more than just a glam band
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:51 pm I have just started to listen to Sweet properly and have the one you have just bought.... they did a lot of very good stuff and were very under-rated, much much more than just a glam band
The 'b' sides of their singles were very Deep Purple-ish

I love the Sweet's big hits, currently in my car for the next few days :-D
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Sweet would have had more success but unfortunately for them and many others the magnificent Slade were around at the same time who ruled the roost for a few years.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

hector wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:51 pm I have just started to listen to Sweet properly and have the one you have just bought.... they did a lot of very good stuff and were very under-rated, much much more than just a glam band
I saw Sweet the summer of last year - they were a somewhat odd support act for Ritchie's Blackmore's Rainbow at the Genting Arena in Birmingham (NEC site).

When I say Sweet the only original member was Andy Scott (and I think Steve Priest is the only other original member still alive and he lives in the US). They were pretty good to be fair and played the classic numbers you'd expect. My favourites probably Hell Raiser, The Sixteens, Teenage Rampage and The Ballroom Blitz.

In the early/mid 80's I also saw a version of the Sweet, with only Brian Connolly as an original member. That version was rubbish, with the other band members looking about 16 and Brian himself could hardly sing. He was clearly not a well man, even then.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Changing the subject gentlemen

We are going to a charity ball in Shrewsbury next February so I've been looking round the stores/boutiques in York & Beverley for a long gown to no avail.

I finally found one to my liking, a long pink pleated dress in Scarborough :dance:

£120 reduced in a sale to £30 :-D the shoes I bought to go with the gown were far more expensive
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

If only my wife and daughter were frugal shoppers like yourself Mrs64 I'd be a far richer man :roll:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:31 pm If only my wife and daughter were frugal shoppers like yourself Mrs64 I'd be a far richer man :roll:
I'm not always so frugal Muppet as Leon would tell you :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Purchased today

£3.50 for 6 CD's

Sigur Ros 'Agaetis Byrjun' - Only had this on my iPod, now own a hard copy
Sigur Ros 'Takk....'

George Shearing 'Lullabies Of Birdland - A Musical Autobiography' (2CD) - only one available online for £20

Goriilaz 'Humanz' - Deluxe edition

Leon Jean Marie 'Bent Out Of Shape' - not heard any of this singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist songs however this 2008 album has received some cracking reviews

The No.1 Motown Album (2CD) - Several wonderful songs not on my iPod

Purchased in Manchester last week

£30 for 9 CD's although the gorgeous Delines new album cost me £9.99

John Lennon 'Sometime In New York City'/Walls & Bridges' - £4, could be worth anything as this is a unofficial release & has duly been blocked to be sold online

Nina Simone 'Let It All Out'

Randy Newman 'Bad Love'

Chairman Of The Board 'Best Of'

Lily Allen 'Alright Still'

Bob Dylan 'Love & Theft - three fillers for my Dylan collection
Bob Dylan 'Oh Mercy'
Bob Dylan 'Time Out Of Mind'

Delines 'The Imperial'