Jeremy Simpson and Refs in General

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Jeremy Simpson and Refs in General

Post by Cjay »

I wrote a huge thread out, with examples of what i thought he did wrong, specific tackles and such, the pen, the red card, the inconsistency etc.

But i pushed the wrong button and lost the whole thing :(

Also had examples of times in recent seasons where he has been strongly criticized.

There was a lot.

Dean Smith himself for one.
Rafa Benitez.
Tony Xia (villa old owner)
Phil Parkinson just a few days ago.
Gary Rowett.

Theres quite a few and mainly its been about him favoring other sides, or showing no consistency.

I wonder (pen aside i dont blame him for that actually).

I just wonder and going back to the Birmingham game and to a lesser extent the Boro one.

Are referees trying to make a point?

They know they have to be impartial and they know at Elland Road there will be a huge noisy crowd trying to influence them.

Just wonder if in there efforts to try and be impartial they actually end up being biased to the away side?

You know sort of an "ill show you you noisy gits how little i care about your biased views"

Then by doing so he actually ends up being overly biased the other way?

Cant remember who it was, was a former referee who admitted that in an attempt to show that he wasnt being influenced by the home crowd he admitted that he gave freekicks against them that they probably should have got just to prove a point.

Think Brentford played well tbf to them, cant blame the ref for us not winning, but think its worthy as a conversation point.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Re: Jeremy Simpson and Refs in General

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:29 pm
I just wonder and going back to the Birmingham game and to a lesser extent the Boro one.

They know they have to be impartial and they know at Elland Road there will be a huge noisy crowd trying to influence them.

Just wonder if in there efforts to try and be impartial they actually end up being biased to the away side?

You know sort of an "ill show you you noisy gits how little i care about your biased views"

Cant remember who it was, was a former referee who admitted that in an attempt to show that he wasnt being influenced by the home crowd he admitted that he gave freekicks against them that they probably should have got just to prove a point.

Think Brentford played well tbf to them, cant blame the ref for us not winning, but think its worthy as a conversation point.
Works the other way at Old Trafford.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

A bitter Lancastrian
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:32 pm Works the other way at Old Trafford.
Not so much since Fergie left thankfully.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:36 pm A bitter Lancastrian
Bit simplistic.

Bolton is historically Lancaster and Phil Parkinson was livid few days ago against Stoke.
Signed

King Cjay

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

swings and roundabouts !
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:29 pm I wrote a huge thread out, with examples of what i thought he did wrong, specific tackles and such, the pen, the red card, the inconsistency etc.

But i pushed the wrong button and lost the whole thing :(

Also had examples of times in recent seasons where he has been strongly criticized.

There was a lot.

Dean Smith himself for one.
Rafa Benitez.
Tony Xia (villa old owner)
Phil Parkinson just a few days ago.
Gary Rowett.

Theres quite a few and mainly its been about him favoring other sides, or showing no consistency.

I wonder (pen aside i dont blame him for that actually).

Why can't we blame the ref? A penalty that was a blatant dive cost us two points.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

gessa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:32 pm Works the other way at Old Trafford.
Fergie rescinded their Car Park tickets, so they had to park away from the stadium, and had to walk back to their cars through / with the fans.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:04 pm Why can't we blame the ref? A penalty that was a blatant dive cost us two points.
Because the ref didn't have action replays. In real time, I thought it was a pen. He was a totally inconstistent, whistle happy tosspot though.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:07 pm Fergie rescinded their Car Park tickets, so they had to park away from the stadium, and had to walk back to their cars through / with the fans.
Is that true, Gandi? If so, it was a very clever ploy by Ferguson
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:09 pm Because the ref didn't have action replays. In real time, I thought it was a pen. He was a totally inconstistent, whistle happy tosspot though.
I immediately said dive in real time. He went down before BPF even touched him. But I said at ht Brentford will get a dodgy penalty because the ref was giving them everything.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:04 pm Why can't we blame the ref? A penalty that was a blatant dive cost us two points.
Looked a pen in real time tbf.

He was inconsistent.

But dont blame him for that personally.

Besides a penalty caused by a situation created by our captain first and foremost.
Signed

King Cjay

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:12 pm Is that true, Gandi? If so, it was a very clever ploy by Ferguson
Story recited by Dermot Gallagher. Although with Ferguson you never know if it is truth or urban myth.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Absolutely! Awful decision. Disgracecul. I question why anyone on this forum would want to stick up for an inconsistent, blatantly biased referee. The bloke should be ashamed of his performance :x
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've not got that much problem with the ref missing the pen although it looked suspicious at the time, just looked wrong. But when a player is caught on camara cheating like that then a minimum 3 match ban should be applied post game.

That will get players thinking twice about diving.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Can't recall giving a referee a rating of 0/10 since I joined MOT even though we've had some poor officials in that time

He totally ruined the game featuring the two best footballing sides in the championship
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:58 pm I've not got that much problem with the ref missing the pen although it looked suspicious at the time, just looked wrong. But when a player is caught on camara cheating like that then a minimum 3 match ban should be applied post game.

That will get players thinking twice about diving.
100% agree.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.change.org/p/investigate-jeremy-simpson?

Not sure what i make of this.

Valid but a bit tinpot
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Dermot Gallagher talking complete shite on ssn. BPF charged into Watkins, Ayling deserved red but Odubajo didn't, Canos did nothing wrong. Inept refs sticking up for each other. :evil:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:51 am Dermot Gallagher talking complete shite on ssn. BPF charged into Watkins, Ayling deserved red but Odubajo didn't, Canos did nothing wrong. Inept refs sticking up for each other. :evil:
Never rated Gallagher as a referee, another little hitler :(