Croatia v England - 7.45pm tonight

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Croatia v England - 7.45pm tonight

Post by 1964white »

England face a "strange experience" when they play Friday's Nations League tie in Croatia behind closed doors, says manager Gareth Southgate.

Croatia were punished after a swastika was marked on their pitch before a Euro 2016 home qualifier against Italy.

"It is a shame for the travelling fans and those who have not missed a game for decades," Southgate said.
"I'm sure Croatia feel the same. They'd like to have the encouragement of an incredibly passionate support."

The crowd will be officially registered as zero but there are likely to be about 500 people in the stadium, with about 150 media expected and a maximum of 75 people per team delegation, including the players.

There will be a maximum of 200 people holding top-category tickets from the visiting association as well as police officers, security staff and people carrying out functions relating to the stadium infrastructure.

There will also be a maximum of 75 Uefa representatives, as well as Uefa partners holding complimentary VIP tickets.

Southgate said: "It means Croatia don't get the energy the home support can give you in those moments when you're under pressure. Whether it's an advantage, though, who knows?"
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Re: Croatia v England - 7.45pm tonight

Post by leic white 63 »

why should our fans be penalised . should have refused to play . its about time someone made a stance against uefa and the other football bodies. corrupt bastards all of em. not bothered myself club over country every time for me but i feel for those who do like to travel and watch there country.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

You'd think that remedial points could have been set against this punishment by Croatia's supporters' better behaviour in the World Cup, especially as it included a final game.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

at least playing behind closed doors we wont be able to listen to that annoying band and that f**king stupid southgate song. id rather watch corrie england bore the pants of me.