Leeds United Under-23's thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds United Under-23's thread

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:41 pm Very impressed with Miazek, contender for MOTM with Struik :tup:
I was very impressed with him at Colchester. Looked a better prospect than BPF if I'm honest
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Here is a team based upon the number of appearances each made in this successful season in brackets

GK
  • Miazek (12)
Defenders
  • Davies (26)
  • Diaz (29)
  • Halme (25)
  • Odour (25)
  • Struijk (28)
Midfield
  • Gotts (31)
  • Clarke (22)
  • Stevens (35)
  • McCalmont(26)
Striker
  • Edmondson (32)
Subs
  • Brown (17)
  • Kun (20)
  • Huffer (9)
  • Hosannah (18)
  • Bogusz (10)
  • Nicell (23)
Think you can see the contributions and also some players missing because they were sent out on loan like Pearce, Dalby & Shaughnessy. Top scorers Edmondson with 18 followed by Brown on 8 and Kun on 7. Be interesting to see if we release any of these kids and who of our loaned out players if any are brought back. Oriol Rey has to be a must to have back as he is without doubt the star of our kids out on loan.

Pearce, Coyle, Dalby, Wilks, Denton, Ideguchi, O'Connor, Shaughnessy?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:02 pm I was very impressed with him at Colchester. Looked a better prospect than BPF if I'm honest
It could well be Chilli
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Huffer and Male are also decent at this level for me...All our keepers could play mid table Championship football imo, two or three could have prem class
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

So, those of you who have been paying a lot of attention to the U23s this season who are the ones to watch?

Who can you see making a big impact on the first team next season and what attributes do they bring?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 pm So, those of you who have been paying a lot of attention to the U23s this season who are the ones to watch?

Who can you see making a big impact on the first team next season and what attributes do they bring?
Struijk - commanding CB, with a decent turn of pace. Prefer to play him at CB to Berardi.

Bogusz - number 10, runs at people and intelligent, bit similar to Saiz.

Gotts - energetic, can play plethora of positions.

Stevens - creative winger with a good eye for a pass.

Kun - powerful lad, bit similar to Aguero in the way he plays.

Keep an eye on Theo Hudson from the u18s for the u23s this year. :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I'd add Edmondson and Hugo Diaz to the list imo

Edmondson is developing and seems to have trimmed down a bit, made himself a bit faster and a bit more dynamic, big lad to and Bielsa has traditionally preffered 6ft+ powerful strikers.

Diaz is 22 now so its now or never, he is the u23 Captain and has developed into a dm (Phillips role) ,good on the ball , not afraid to put a tackle in and decent reader of the game. Be a decent backup option in that role imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Oduor looks a bit special, strong quick intelligent left wing back. Needs work on his defence
Halme or Struick would be an upgrade on Cooper right now. Indeed they're bonding as a pair and could both start fairly soon.
Big fan of Diaz, didn't look at all phased when he made his first team appearance and see's passes a few of our first team don't

Wouldn't throw out Kamil Miazek either ..looks potentially a good keeper, I think he's probably technically better than BPF right now
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

There's a piece in the YEP today about the yoof.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/seven-leeds-united-under-23s-to-watch-which-players-could-make-the-step-up-next-season-1-9786994
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Diaz leave this summer actually. He was benched for the last few games and at 22, he needs to be playing real football.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't think Diaz was benched for football reasons, he was excellent last game he played we just rotated a lot in the U23's ...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:33 pm Don't think Diaz was benched for football reasons, he was excellent last game he played we just rotated a lot in the U23's ...
I meant more in the sense of preparing for next season without him. He was one of the best players in the u23s.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

ahh ok.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

In the one game I have seen the U23's live, Diaz was excellent, as was Miazek.
Odour looked really good as well, better than Davis if I'm honest.
But the best player on the night was Jordan Stevens. Useful back up for Pablo to give him rest time when needed I think.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Chilli D wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:38 pm In the one game I have seen the U23's live, Diaz was excellent, as was Miazek.
Odour looked really good as well, better than Davis if I'm honest.
But the best player on the night was Jordan Stevens. Useful back up for Pablo to give him rest time when needed I think.
I'm disappointed Stevens didn't get more game time when Clarke was out. He would be a good option to bring off the bench, quite similar in style to Clarke as well.

I'm pretty sure when we signed Stevens he was a CM? Club must have felt he was better as a winger.