Leeds United Under-23's thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United Under-23's thread

Post by Genghers »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:40 pm pair of gorgeous assists from Diaz playing in the Phillips role I think

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1130843050443321&t=2
Great movement from Stevens and composure to round the keeper. Some finish from Gotts as well - a nice way to see in a new contract.

Is Diaz CDM or CB? Probably both in Bielsa's eyes!

Some of our players look really muscular for kids. Clearly got the training regimen spot on.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Genghers wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:18 am Great movement from Stevens and composure to round the keeper. Some finish from Gotts as well - a nice way to see in a new contract.

Is Diaz CDM or CB? Probably both in Bielsa's eyes!

Some of our players look really muscular for kids. Clearly got the training regimen spot on.
This is what gives me great optimism for the future. Even if we don't get promoted this year and Phillips left you would imagine Bielsa already has planned ahead and perhaps Diaz would slot in and who knows maybe be even better. Halme might replace PJ for example too and others would step up. People said Bielsa was mad when he picked Berardi over PJ at the start of the season but he clearly sees how players can fit into his system even if it looks madness to us mere mortals.

The youngsters that have featured for the first team this season haven't looked out of place.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I see our U23s have the same fighting spirit as the first team, fighting back from a two-goal deficit to grab a 2-all draw away to Nottingham Forest. Well done lads.

On a side note, the match report lists our goalkeeper as 'Male'. Is that his name, or did we simply select some random bloke off the street? :)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Could he be the Mailman..just a thought.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Played well, should have won.

Same as 1st team, bit careless in the final 3rd plus some good keeping.

Edmondson came on and did well, Halme to and Odour was really good.

Our new lad Bogusz played and was good, passed the ball well largely, made intelligent runs, unlucky not to score and is capable of dribbling with the ball.

Baker was shite for the u23s and got 1st team games so if Bogusz carries on improving wouldn't be shocked to see him in the 1st team before the end of the season.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:02 pm I see our U23s have the same fighting spirit as the first team, fighting back from a two-goal deficit to grab a 2-all draw away to Nottingham Forest. Well done lads.

On a side note, the match report lists our goalkeeper as 'Male'. Is that his name, or did we simply select some random bloke off the street? :)
Harrison Male
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:57 pmHarrison Male
Cheers
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Mateusz Bogusz looked very, very good for a 17 year old. Our own Kevin De Bruyne (looked and ran very similarly). Big and strong for his age, he got into some lovely positions with intelligent running. He will definitely be our replacement No. 10 on the bench for the 1st team before too long.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:59 am Mateusz Bogusz looked very, very good for a 17 year old. Our own Kevin De Bruyne (looked and ran very similarly). Big and strong for his age, he got into some lovely positions with intelligent running. He will definitely be our replacement No. 10 on the bench for the 1st team before too long.
Excellent news, now I'm looking forward to that.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

A shame the next game is on Monday, as they'll be weakened for a must win game, given Brown, BPF, Dallas, Stevens and Shack will be unavailable. I wonder how long until we see Berardi on the bench, maybe WBA?
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

This seemed to have slipped the radar, but the U23's qualified for the last 16 of the cup, beating Newcastle 3-1 at Guiseley on Monday night. Scorers - Edmondson (2) and Struijk. A convincing performance without any first teamers, (indeed, they were also missing Gotts and Shackleton). Edmondson, Diaz, Bogusz and Oduor all played well.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I would like to see Brown, Douglas and Clarke all feature tomorrow. The first two as they still look off the pace and could do with another game and Clarke because he will need a game to get his mojo back after being out for so long.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:12 pm This seemed to have slipped the radar, but the U23's qualified for the last 16 of the cup, beating Newcastle 3-1 at Guiseley on Monday night. Scorers - Edmondson (2) and Struijk. A convincing performance without any first teamers, (indeed, they were also missing Gotts and Shackleton). Edmondson, Diaz, Bogusz and Oduor all played well.
Who do we play in the next round ?
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:31 pm Who do we play in the next round ?
The draw hasn't been made yet.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Game just started v Watford (A) live on the LUFC App.

Male, Shackleton, Oduor, Diaz, Halme, Struijk, Stevens, Gotts, Edmondson, Boguzs, Brown.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Watford 0 Leeds 1 - Brown 23 mins. Fine individual goal. Cameraman doing his best to make me seasick.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Watford 0 Leeds 1 - HT. Brown, Stevens, Shackleton very lively. Defence nice and composed. Harrison Male is tiny, but his distribution is excellent.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Does that mean Clarke won't be back for Saturday then?
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

SG90 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:57 pm Does that mean Clarke won't be back for Saturday then?
He only restarted training with the first team this morning. The U23's travelled down to Watford last night.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

All I can get is the updates but Bogusz seemed to be involved early doors