Spain v England - 7.45pm tonight

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Spain v England - 7.45pm tonight

Post by 1964white »

Pickford got away with that tug on the shirt
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Spain undone by the Big Sam long ball.
I expect they are complaining that that is not the way to play the beautiful game :-)
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I echo ges - there are times in previous competitions when I haven't liked the "England were crap, rubbish," etc., even when they didn't play half bad.
It's nice to be able to say they played well, even if it wasn't a walkover.
Well done young Southgate. Well done the players too but it's Southgate's show.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I have to admit that I hadn't paid much attention to the Nations Cup until I realised that England, Croatia and Spain were in the same group which seemed very odd to me. Then I had a quick look and I see that the nations have been divided into four divisions with groups within each division and promotion and relegation between the divisions. Does this mean that there is not going to be a 'final's' comp like there has been in the past?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Or, Harry, of what does it take the place?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 am I have to admit that I hadn't paid much attention to the Nations Cup until I realised that England, Croatia and Spain were in the same group which seemed very odd to me. Then I had a quick look and I see that the nations have been divided into four divisions with groups within each division and promotion and relegation between the divisions. Does this mean that there is not going to be a 'final's' comp like there has been in the past?
It's not the European Championship though I think there's some connectivity. This is just replacing friendlies
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

LOL Norm and thanks Faaip
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.