Blackburn v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Blackburn v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

Thought both Berardi and Dallas were rinsed by Armstrong.

And when our own pacey direct winger came on he did the same to there full back.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I thought pontus and Cooper played well today tbh
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:50 pm PJ was poor today and indeed had the BR commentators scratching their heads as they heard he was top quality (He is but they don't see him week in week out. and there was a comment how hard up for CB must Sweden be if PJ is an international CB) Beradi was the player that worried them most of the time I was listening, as they kept saying he was negating their winger while also causing problems up the pitch. They wanted Armstrong switched (Goes to show how differently we all see things especially if you don't watch week in week out) to get him away from Gaetano
Well their commentators are biased and don't know anything about us. Berardi almost cost us a goal with a weak backheader to BPF and he was beaten in the air for the 2nd. I don't remember seeing any Jansson mistakes today.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:58 pm Well their commentators are biased and don't know anything about us. Berardi almost cost us a goal with a weak backheader to BPF and he was beaten in the air for the 2nd. I don't remember seeing any Jansson mistakes today.
You missed him get too cute on the sideline then and lose possession. No reason for them to be as biased as us, they praised Alioski and Beradi, thought Klich was excellent and said that the contest was about even. Didn't hear any bias at all, both very good at their jobs.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think I need to avoid this forum till the next game...it's going to get full on depressing and negative again..for no good reason
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:22 pm A very poor performance, but I thought a draw would have been fair, so very disappointing to lose a game like that, especially with two soft goals. I do wonder whether the sun was an issue for the 2nd as BPF had a cap on and we were facing the sun, with Blackburn having their backs to it. Pablo and Clarke came on far too late for me. Why did Roofe and Berardi go straight back in but not Pablo who's been our most influential player?
The BR commentary with a double barrel name like PF he must have gone
to a private school which just goes to show he has enough intelligence to
put a hat on to keep the sun out of his eyes.

They were slagging off PJ and wondering how on earth he could get into the Swedish team.
Must say Armstrong and Dack were a class above and ran the show for blackburn.

First loss away from home and defence just did not gel, sooner we get Ayling and Douglas
back the better, and if Dougals is out for some time Alioski at LB with young Jack Clark in front
of him.

We will have no moaning here... ours is a local team for local people.
Last edited by rab_rant on Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:21 pm You missed him get too cute on the sideline then and lose possession. No reason for them to be as biased as us, they praised Alioski and Beradi, thought Klich was excellent and said that the contest was about even. Didn't hear any bias at all, both very good at their jobs.
Praised alioski and Berardi :lol:

They were both awful

Klich was good though
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

danhirons wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:53 pm I thought pontus and Cooper played well today tbh
i agree. one of his better days for coops. just the whole balance of the side was wrong. sooner we get both wing backs back the better.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:37 pm and then poor from Jansson who's having a stinker
I have to disagree on Jansson, he won loads of headers & his play on the floor was decent

Berardi, Cooper & Dallas were all much worse

Tbh I don't want to see Dallas play for Leeds again, Captain Chaos from last season is back

Thank god for Kalvin Phillips our future England star, the only defensive player Pontus could rely on around him

We missed Ayling & Douglas today
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I didn't watch today; but I'm off the opinion that becoming complacent at the back had cost us today ie changes there today were because of Ayling miss in out on top of losing Douglas too recently. We made the error nowhere else I believe only at the back byBeilsa own admission starting two wide defenders on wrong side ...ie this lead I'm sure to costing us early and then throughout the first half. Centrally we were poor in the air giving way to the opening goal. We will recover but the defence inclusviely needs to become a more settled and picks itself sort of one.Viva mr. BEILSA.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 pm Think I need to avoid this forum till the next game...it's going to get full on depressing and negative again..for no good reason
Agreed. It was just one of those days. I look forward to everyone saying West Brom's team are rubbish given they lost today too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

paddy parrott wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:42 pm I didn't watch today; but I'm off the opinion that becoming complacent at the back had cost us today ie changes there today were because of Ayling miss in out on top of losing Douglas too recently. We made the error nowhere else I believe only at the back byBeilsa own admission starting two wide defenders on wrong side ...ie this lead I'm sure to costing us early and then throughout the first half. Centrally we were poor in the air giving way to the opening goal. We will recover but the defence inclusviely needs to become a more settled and picks itself sort of one.Viva mr. BEILSA.
Good post, we started really slowly and they had a lot of success while Dallas was playing on the right. We'd have been routed had Armstrong been allowed to continue to skip down our right with impunity. Beradi stopped him in his tracks a few times and even got forward which took Armstrong out of the game for long periods trying to defend him. There was also a good block of a shot on goal.

Dallas should be benched for a while, bad game
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We lost, we could have won, a draw would have been fair. We created some good chances, PJ's bad miss was key and Klich forced the best save of the game IIRC...another day it's a win

Beradi/Roofe not yet match fit, nor Pablo.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:52 pm Thought both Berardi and Dallas were rinsed by Armstrong.

And when our own pacey direct winger came on he did the same to there full back.
Armstrong made both Berardi & Dallas look daft
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:21 pm You missed him get too cute on the sideline then and lose possession. No reason for them to be as biased as us, they praised Alioski and Beradi, thought Klich was excellent and said that the contest was about even. Didn't hear any bias at all, both very good at their jobs.
Alioski & Berardi were playing for Blackburn today, no wonder they were praising them
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

What exactly did Tom Pearce do wrong? It can't be because of his age, because Bielsa has believed in Shackleton, Clarke, Edmondson and Roberts, who are all teenagers and younger than him. Is it attitude? No idea why you'd try Dallas there when it clearly hasn't worked.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:42 pm I didn't watch today; but I'm off the opinion that becoming complacent at the back had cost us today ie changes there today were because of Ayling miss in out on top of losing Douglas too recently. We made the error nowhere else I believe only at the back byBeilsa own admission starting two wide defenders on wrong side ...ie this lead I'm sure to costing us early and then throughout the first half. Centrally we were poor in the air giving way to the opening goal. We will recover but the defence inclusviely needs to become a more settled and picks itself sort of one.Viva mr. BEILSA.
It doesn't help our cause when Jansson & Phillips have been playing on the own defensively in the last two matches :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:06 pm i agree. one of his better days for coops. just the whole balance of the side was wrong. sooner we get both wing backs back the better.
I'm sorry Coops was poor until the last 20 minutes
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:50 pm The BR commentary with a double barrel name like PF he must have gone
to a private school which just goes to show he has enough intelligence to
put a hat on to keep the sun out of his eyes.

They were slagging off PJ and wondering how on earth he could get into the Swedish team.
They are talking rubbish :x
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:13 pm What exactly did Tom Pearce do wrong? It can't be because of his age, because Bielsa has believed in Shackleton, Clarke, Edmondson and Roberts, who are all teenagers and younger than him. Is it attitude? No idea why you'd try Dallas there when it clearly hasn't worked.
Nothing SG

Tom Pearce should have started today

I really deplore it when managers play players out of their natural position

Today we had Berardi, Dallas, Roofe & Roberts at times out of their comfort zone, CRAZY !!!!