Blackburn v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Blackburn v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by danhirons »

I feel a bit sorry for Dallas. Yes he's not been playing well but he isn't a full back and I'm sure he'd admit that. He always gives 100 per cent and would rather see him given a chance on the wing ahead of alioski.

For those saying it's one loss... We've won two of our last 8 league games...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

danhirons wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:38 pm I feel a bit sorry for Dallas. Yes he's not been playing well but he isn't a full back and I'm sure he'd admit that. He always gives 100 per cent and would rather see him given a chance on the wing ahead of alioski.

For those saying it's one loss... We've won two of our last 8 league games...
But he contributes nothing from an attacking sense. What does he bring to the side? Don't say "works hard" because that is not an attribute and Alioski works harder than him.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:08 pm Armstrong made both Berardi & Dallas look daft
We were poor out wide today imo.

The balance wasnt right with to much swapping and players clearly not playing in the right positions.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:13 pm What exactly did Tom Pearce do wrong? It can't be because of his age, because Bielsa has believed in Shackleton, Clarke, Edmondson and Roberts, who are all teenagers and younger than him. Is it attitude? No idea why you'd try Dallas there when it clearly hasn't worked.
He's a very attacking left sided wing back who's probably not a good enough defender atm. Not saying that that's a good reason to play Dallas at LWB but it's a toss up.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

New chant from the fans... at least they believe in Bielsa.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

He should be immune from criticism this early as we can see what he's trying to do. Which is manage a football club properly
I agree with this but 1 more defeat will see us in a replay of last season, as weasel succinctly and indirectly pointed out. MB's experimentation is understandable but not at the expense of points - he is intelligent enough to know the difference. Players have had to be used out of position in the last several games but we do need a steady defence/DMF if nothing else - despite hearing about Pontus' and Philips' excellence ad nauseam we still don't have that and we're a poorer team because of it. I'm not getting at those 2 individually but team formation and selection appear to be a hotter potato than they need to be.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday and Saturday
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:15 pm I'm sorry Coops was poor until the last 20 minutes
dont opoligise 64 its your opinion and mine is i thought cooper had a fair game.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Oscar on set pieces.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:11 pm I agree with this but 1 more defeat will see us in a replay of last season, as weasel succinctly and indirectly pointed out. MB's experimentation is understandable but not at the expense of points - he is intelligent enough to know the difference. Players have had to be used out of position in the last several games but we do need a steady defence/DMF if nothing else - despite hearing about Pontus' and Philips' excellence ad nauseam we still don't have that and we're a poorer team because of it. I'm not getting at those 2 individually but team formation and selection appear to be a hotter potato than they need to be.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday and Saturday
I think that's a rather simplistic analysis tbh, a fairly meaningless statistic that's not backed up by any other data..Has someone gone through the possession figures per game for each season, chances created, pass completion rates, shot's on target per game, injury comparisons to this point, strength of schedule etc. Quality of performance. ETC

How does it stack up versus all the other seasons we've been in the second tier.

Even if someone did all the math, it's still no indicator of RoS, you can't use statistics in this instance as a future predictor.

It's a fun stat but has absolutely no indication on what happens going forward. There's no empirical proof here just a kind of superstition..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Positives

Our equaliser, I counted 13 passes before Klich tucked the ball away.
Our future England star Kalvin Phillips :eng: Bradley Dack hardly got a kick.
Klich scored again & was unlucky not to grab an equaliser with another one of his specials from outside of the box which was sailing into the top corner until Raya got a hand on his effort.
Young Jack Clarke offers more than Dallas & Alioski
7,710 Leeds fans.

Negatives

Bielsa's team selection.
Four players playing out of their natural position at times.
Hernandez should have started.
Roofe should have been upfront from the onset.
Tom Pearce a natural left-sided defender should have started.
Dallas is not a defender, unsure what he is tbh.
Berardi's poor return.
Cooper looking like the player of recent seasons again.
Saiz stray passes responsible for losing possession & putting our defence under pressure, cost us at least one of our goals.
Alioski wasted so many corner kicks, needs to watch a dvd on how Blackburn cross the ball to their big men at set-pieces.
Roberts was invisible
Missed Ayling even though he hasn't been great of late, he gives us physical presence.

7 Peacock-Farrell
4 Berardi
7 Jansson
5 Cooper
3 Dallas
8 Phillips (MOTM)
4 Roberts
7 Klich
5 Saiz
4 Alioski
6 Roofe
Subs
7 Clarke
6 Hernandez
n/a Shackleton
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Nice to see the waccoe lads agreeing with my above post :-D
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:12 pm dont opoligise 64 its your opinion and mine is i thought cooper had a fair game.
Yes indeed.
That's what I like about this forum. We're not all going to agree but everyone is allowed their opinion without any abuse or ridicule.
And we all love Leeds of course.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden