The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 19th Oct)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 19th Oct)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Another day, another injury! Jack Harrison has picked up a muscle injury during the International break which will rule him out of the Blackburn game. Fortunately Hernandez is fully fit, and expected to start!

Can anyone remember a time that we have had so many injuries this early in the season?

Why do you think it is?

I have to ask the question again - are the training methods making the players more susceptible to injury?

Meanwhile head of medicine and performance Rob Price has issued an update on Izzy Brown

"He's making great progress. We're in good conversation and regular conversation with Chelsea about what we do with him and how we progress and so far everyone is happy.

"We're not putting any time on when he's going to be back playing. It all depends on how he gets through the functional stuff he has to work towards."

Samuel Saiz has been speaking to the YEP about the disappointment of last season, and how Bielsa has helped him channel his aggression on the pitch in a good way!

“I feel better,” Saiz said, “because Marcelo made the whole team be more aggressive from a football point of view, not from outside of football. We’re focused on being aggressive playing football.

“This season we trust more in each other. It's very hard for the opponent to have a chance to score and thanks to all this I feel more safe and I'm less aggressive, apart from the football on the pitch. “I like the football fight with the opponents and I'm not afraid of that.”

“Last season when we found out we couldn't make it to the play-offs, it was a moment that was hard for me,” Saiz admitted. “I had less motivation because I couldn't reach the objective.

It's a problem that I had and it can't happen again. “In every year you have good moments and bad moments but when you play at Elland Road and see all the fans supporting you, it gives you the strength to keep working and do better things.

I went to other stadiums in the Premier League and these big clubs don't have the fans we have.”
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 19th Oct)

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:09 am Good Morning Everyone
Another day, another injury! Jack Harrison has picked up a muscle injury during the International break which will rule him out of the Blackburn game. Fortunately Hernandez is fully fit, and expected to start!
Can anyone remember a time that we have had so many injuries this early in the season?
Why do you think it is?
I have to ask the question again - are the training methods making the players more susceptible to injury?
Good morning Matt & everyone

It could be the training methods there again it may just be pure bad luck

The great Don always insisted ER was cursed
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Good Morning EB1 and Everyone,

I must admit I'm starting to wonder if MB's training methods have attributed to the injuries.
At first I dismissed it but it does seem to be more than just bad luck.
High intensity training methods coupled with a relatively small squad is not a good recipe for success.
However I would have expected the fitness side of things to have tailed off once the season got under way.
So maybe it is just bad luck?
Three players back tomorrow but two out (although Ayling's is due to suspension)

I think it's nine months now since Brown got injured so hopefully Rob Price and his team are making good progress with him.
It certainly seems that way.

Samu Saiz wears his heart on his sleeve there is no doubt.
When he's on his game he is absolute class and we definitely need him and Klich to stay healthy.
You always feel he is one flashpoint away from a red card but he's that type of player and I doubt he will ever change.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

2002/3 season was a bad one for injuries

Screenshot 2018-10-19 at 11.57.58.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Although losing Paul Okon was probably a blessing in disguise :)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:00 am Although losing Paul Okon was probably a blessing in disguise :)
I was just about to post the same thing :lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:15 am I was just about to post the same thing :lol: :lol:
Great minds Norfolk :tup:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds news: Marcelo Bielsa makes WORRYING admission just 12 games into promotion push

LEEDS UNITED boss Marcelo Bielsa admits some players already need a rest as the squad continues to adapt to his high-intensity approach to pressing the opposition.

The 63-year-old has made a fantastic start to the season, with Leeds currently sitting third in the Championship after 12 games.

Leeds have won six matches so far in their EFL campaign and are only two points off the league leaders Sheffield United.

Despite receiving plaudits from fans and former players for his approach, Bielsa acknowledges some of his squad have needed to use the international break to recover.

“We had a group of players who needed to get some rest,” Bielsa said

“Another group needed the opposite thing, which is pace and tempo.

“The third group were the international players and now we need them back with us.”

Bielsa, who takes his side to Blackburn on Saturday, revealed he's been working on improving his attacking tactics in recent training sessions.

“We dedicated a lot of time to the offensive play and inside the offensive play we work a lot on the movements to free ourselves,” he said.

“When we do these movements we try to work the possibilities to receive the ball behind the opponent.”

The former Argentina and Chile boss was disappointed with Leeds' performance in their last match against Brentford.

Bielsa claimed the 1-1 draw was a “fair result” after Leeds defender Pontus Jansson headed home an 88th-minute equaliser at Elland Road.

“We could have won the game and we could have lost the game, but it wouldn’t be fair to say we were close to winning the game," he said after the match.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds news: Marcelo Bielsa makes WORRYING admission just 12 games into promotion push

LEEDS UNITED boss Marcelo Bielsa admits some players already need a rest as the squad continues to adapt to his high-intensity approach to pressing the opposition.

The 63-year-old has made a fantastic start to the season, with Leeds currently sitting third in the Championship after 12 games.

Leeds have won six matches so far in their EFL campaign and are only two points off the league leaders Sheffield United.

Despite receiving plaudits from fans and former players for his approach, Bielsa acknowledges some of his squad have needed to use the international break to recover.

“We had a group of players who needed to get some rest,” Bielsa said

“Another group needed the opposite thing, which is pace and tempo.

“The third group were the international players and now we need them back with us.”

Bielsa, who takes his side to Blackburn on Saturday, revealed he's been working on improving his attacking tactics in recent training sessions.

“We dedicated a lot of time to the offensive play and inside the offensive play we work a lot on the movements to free ourselves,” he said.

“When we do these movements we try to work the possibilities to receive the ball behind the opponent.”

The former Argentina and Chile boss was disappointed with Leeds' performance in their last match against Brentford.

Bielsa claimed the 1-1 draw was a “fair result” after Leeds defender Pontus Jansson headed home an 88th-minute equaliser at Elland Road.

“We could have won the game and we could have lost the game, but it wouldn’t be fair to say we were close to winning the game," he said after the match.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:59 am 2002/3 season was a bad one for injuries

Screenshot 2018-10-19 at 11.57.58.png
Blimey, wtf happened in October?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:12 pm Leeds news: Marcelo Bielsa makes WORRYING admission just 12 games into promotion push
:lol: :roflmao: :lol: :roflmao: :lol:

I mean, that's plainly ridiculous. Surely every team has players in need of a rest at this point? Not a team in this league that makes a fistful of changes every week and they'll all be doing the same.

If anything, Bielsa's methods should make the need for rest less important as the team are fit as any team in the country.

Training injuries happen, but the worst of our problems have happened in games (first team or u23) and only Hernandez (who these problems aren't new to) and Harrison have happened in training as far as I know.

We've coped better than I would have thought at the start of the season considering the thin squad, and hopefully getting 3 important players from the first run of games back will help us push on again.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

i tend to agree with as 1 game a week isnt stretching any good athlete. a game during the week has demands but no more than many sports such as rugby. You have to adapt
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains