Square Pegs In Round Holes

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Square Pegs In Round Holes

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:54 pm Bielsa likes players that can play multiple positions though and he then hopes experience trumps youthful exuberance, It's the way Liverpool played in their pomp. If we stick by MB I think we'll have a top team next season and one that could step up and keep it going without spending 80M on new players..
If he continues to play players out of their natural position it will cost us points as it did at Swansea & yesterday

We're not Barcelona or Real Madrid
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think there are valid reasons for all 4 moves ...I think MB hoped we wouldn't need a returning Pablo or at worst a cameo at the end to try to win the game...which nearly worked to be fair. Beradi has been a left back before with success, this would have been the first time MB will have seen him there though up close, MB clearly doesn't think Pearce is ready defensively and wanted Alio up the pitch, maybe he saw a weakness with Alio defensively from the game before.

MB has seen Dallas at LB so started him at RB (Again Shackleton is a RSM and it shows defensively at times, not to say he should not have started but you can see the reasoning) Armstrong ripped Dallas apart first 10 minutes so switched Beradi who gave him a good game all day. Had Dallas stayed right it's 3 or 4 -1.

I notice that The EFL show called it an end to end game which suggests it could have gone either way. We easily could have had 4 ourselves.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I know Dack didn't score but he was influential throughout ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Okay - I know my place!
If I could see all the games, instead of just clips/highlights, I'd probably have a more accurate observance.
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:56 am Okay - I know my place!
If I could see all the games, instead of just clips/highlights, I'd probably have a more accurate observance.
Ditto Norm.... I sometimes think I see different games to the rest of them, as my thoughts are not the same... I thought Cooper and Gatano both had a good game saturday, but what do I know??

last season only Faaip and me had praise for Kemar too....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:56 am Okay - I know my place!
Sorry Norm, I'm only being dismissive of that horrible stat Weasel posted, not any poster.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I didnt see the game but very much agree with some of the above. It must be frustrating to see our goals man out wide and our poor return striker STILL starting.
Dallas and Roberts have to go and I would drop Beradi too. Bring in the young talent. Pearce and Clarke for starters and start scoring more than 1 bldy goal a game.
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:09 pm We created our own mess yesterday

Wrong team selection, players playing out of their natural position was the root of all our problems

Back to basics Marcelo

Btw if Dallas can gain so many international caps, Phillips would walk into either Irish team

Anyway Kalvin is English & he's ours. Phillips for England :eng: :-D
100% he would be in the Irish team, certainly on the benuch at least, but Ireland are extremely poor, England just beat Spain and were in a World Cup semi final, strange comparison, good player, massive improvement in him but personally I wouldn’t think he is good enough.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:16 am 100% he would be in the Irish team, certainly on the benuch at least, but Ireland are extremely poor, England just beat Spain and were in a World Cup semi final, strange comparison, good player, massive improvement in him but personally I wouldn’t think he is good enough.
You never know, under the right England coach he may just achieve what is every footballers dream.
KP has developed immensely under Bielsa, if Phillips ever did play for his country I just hope he is still with Leeds

A Blackburn fan on their forum was very complimentary about KP's performance, love it when opposition fans recognises his talent :)