Leeds Utd v Ipswich Town Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Ipswich Town

Poll ended at Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:02 pm

0-0
4%
1-1
12%
2-2 or higher
4%
Leeds by 1
12%
Ipswich by 1
8%
Leeds by 2
44%
Ipswich by 2
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
16%
Ipswich by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 25

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: Leeds Utd v Ipswich Town Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:57 pm This crossed my mind.
-------------------------BPF-----------------------------
Ayling---------Jansson----Cooper-----------Alioski

-------------------------Forshaw-----------------------------
--------------------------
----------------Phillips---------Klich----------------------

Hernandez---------Roofe------------------Saiz-------
I like that!!!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Bielsa is supposed to be famous for 3-3-3-1
I think a back six would give us a strong defence
and the second row cos they have the legs for it
could make an attacking six as well which would give
Roofe plenty of support.

-------------------------BPF-----------------------------
Ayling--------------Jansson----------------Cooper
Forshaw------------Phillips-----------------Klich
Hernandez---------Saiz-----------------Alioski
------------------------Roofe-------------------
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:22 pm ill go along with that but probably give young pearce a go instead of beradi.
ill think we will win the game but i would not like put me house on it !
Fair point about Pearce mate, only reason I put Bera in preference is that Bielsa doesn't seem inclined to give Pearce a starting role this season. He could and should have started with him at LB against Blackburn and chose Dallas instead which seems to indicate that the young lad is a long way down the pecking order in that spot.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:01 am Fair point about Pearce mate, only reason I put Bera in preference is that Bielsa doesn't seem inclined to give Pearce a starting role this season. He could and should have started with him at LB against Blackburn and chose Dallas instead which seems to indicate that the young lad is a long way down the pecking order in that spot.
Shame as Pearce even at his tender age is a better footballer than Dallas
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

as a matter of interest why is this one on Wednesday? So far all midweek games have been Tuesdays right?
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Dalton wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:21 am as a matter of interest why is this one on Wednesday? So far all midweek games have been Tuesdays right?
I guessing there is a main game on Sky tonight & they wouldn't want masses pressing the red button watching Leeds
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

ahh! just as simple as that! Wish i could make the game, but will definitely be tuning in
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:28 pm I think I'd swap Pearce the midfielder for Phillips ;-)
He's here, he's there, he's every f@&king where, Tommy Pearce, Tommy Pearce :)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Early in the season to be saying this but big game Wednesday, we can start to get the show back on the road with a convincing win anything else and the perception that we are repeating last season will grow massively.

Am I right in thinking that Pennington is now at Ipswich as well, if so wait for a worldie type defensive performance and a last minute winner.....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-15316893

Jansson probably wont start, returning to the club tonight.

Pablo will probably start.

Wants to attack attack attack

On form-In the first five games we won four of them. And in the last eight games we only won twice. It’s impossible not to see a problem. We are trying to make the right diagnosis because otherwise any correction would be a mistake. We need to correct, we have to change this cycle of results and we have to find out the real reason for us not winning the games. For me, the main reason is we need every time more chances to score. At the beginning we needed two or three chances to score once and now we need five, six chances to score. This is very important. We have other aspects too, that I analyse.

I analyse to try to see if I can change things on these aspects. For example, in the first cycle we lacked two players. Now, in this cycle for each game we have six players missing. When a player is not injured it doesn’t mean he has the sport performance we need. To get the fitness takes longer than recovery from injury. Actually, we find good solutions for the absences of some players. I don’t think it’s a justification. Maybe the component of the subs is a level lower. I don’t think this is the main problem. The average of the performances in the first five was seven out of 10 and now it’s around six out of 10. There’s not a big difference.

The physical performance has always been a satisfaction. It was not a problem to get the possession and impose our style. Of course, in the last press conference one of your colleagues made a good point. The point was how did we feel about the difficulties in the game when the opponents went physical with frictions.

It’s very difficult to prepare a group for two different things. It’s difficult to play with the ball, with a style and play with a friction game. Of course, we need to be prepared for both moments. Before, starting the game we don’t know how many minutes with one aspect or how many minutes with the other aspect.

Of course, a team who is playing long balls and disputed balls don’t have the capacity to impose a style of play. Our team has more main features of creating, not a fighting one.

My reflection is the following: we’re the second team with goals scored, we are the first team regarding the goals missed, the next team after us missed only 50 per cent of the chances we missed. This leads us to the following conclusion: we are less efficient and we could build the offensive profile of the team. This is a long answer because I’m giving you the analysis I made. Each point I mentioned is to know how to play when the game becomes disputed, when we have to run more and run less, the style, the possession, the creation of danger for the rival, the efficiency when we have to score a goal. In all these aspects we have things to correct, but the most important is the matter of efficiency. Usually the opponent, to score, does less than what we have to do. The efficiency is one of the few things you can’t develop because you can’t train efficiency. What you train is the creation of the offensive play. We can’t work efficiency in a training session.

The last aspect is are we the best team in the Championship? If we think we are the best in the Championship we would have the right to think all the different teams’ cycles in the first games, we don’t have to go through the same cycles. I don’t compare to the other teams we are that good. We are not good enough to say what happened to Middlesbrough, to us, to Derby, to West Brom, have ups and downs and we can’t say we are too good to have ups and downs.

Imagine in the last eight matches, instead of two we had four wins, we would be the leaders of the Championship and you will find in the last eight scenarios that lead you to think we maybe should have won two more games.

One thing is to justify and the other is to explain. I am explaining things. You can’t justify why you don’t get what you can get. There is no justification for that, but we have explanations for that.

It’s very important, for me, you don’t take my talk as an excuse. I’m just explaining to you my analysis and I’m responsible for all of this. In each case I insist a lot to improve as much as we can the aspects I mentioned. I have the resources and the authority to improve things in all the aspects I mentioned and if I can’t get that it’s my responsibility. We can close this press conference because we couldn’t have another subject and I left out friend speechless because I know he’s very incisive when he asks questions so I prepared myself to avoid a second question.

If you have a second question you will hurt my pride a lot.

Clarke- Considers starting him, praises him but seems like he will remain a sub. :(

Douglas probably wont play

Harrison may play.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:27 am I guessing there is a main game on Sky tonight & they wouldn't want masses pressing the red button watching Leeds
I was really confused yesterday :duno: Sky were advertising Leeds v Ipswich, on the red button Tuesday evening :shock: I had to keep checking all the fixture lists to make sure it was tomorrow
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:38 pm https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-15316893

On form-In the first five games we won four of them. And in the last eight games we only won twice. It’s impossible not to see a problem. We are trying to make the right diagnosis because otherwise any correction would be a mistake. We need to correct, we have to change this cycle of results and we have to find out the real reason for us not winning the games. For me, the main reason is we need every time more chances to score. At the beginning we needed two or three chances to score once and now we need five, six chances to score. This is very important. We have other aspects too, that I analyse.

I analyse to try to see if I can change things on these aspects. For example, in the first cycle we lacked two players. Now, in this cycle for each game we have six players missing. When a player is not injured it doesn’t mean he has the sport performance we need. To get the fitness takes longer than recovery from injury. Actually, we find good solutions for the absences of some players. I don’t think it’s a justification. Maybe the component of the subs is a level lower. I don’t think this is the main problem. The average of the performances in the first five was seven out of 10 and now it’s around six out of 10. There’s not a big difference.

The physical performance has always been a satisfaction. It was not a problem to get the possession and impose our style. Of course, in the last press conference one of your colleagues made a good point. The point was how did we feel about the difficulties in the game when the opponents went physical with frictions.

It’s very difficult to prepare a group for two different things. It’s difficult to play with the ball, with a style and play with a friction game. Of course, we need to be prepared for both moments. Before, starting the game we don’t know how many minutes with one aspect or how many minutes with the other aspect.

Of course, a team who is playing long balls and disputed balls don’t have the capacity to impose a style of play. Our team has more main features of creating, not a fighting one.

My reflection is the following: we’re the second team with goals scored, we are the first team regarding the goals missed, the next team after us missed only 50 per cent of the chances we missed. This leads us to the following conclusion: we are less efficient and we could build the offensive profile of the team. This is a long answer because I’m giving you the analysis I made. Each point I mentioned is to know how to play when the game becomes disputed, when we have to run more and run less, the style, the possession, the creation of danger for the rival, the efficiency when we have to score a goal. In all these aspects we have things to correct, but the most important is the matter of efficiency. Usually the opponent, to score, does less than what we have to do. The efficiency is one of the few things you can’t develop because you can’t train efficiency. What you train is the creation of the offensive play. We can’t work efficiency in a training session.

The last aspect is are we the best team in the Championship? If we think we are the best in the Championship we would have the right to think all the different teams’ cycles in the first games, we don’t have to go through the same cycles. I don’t compare to the other teams we are that good. We are not good enough to say what happened to Middlesbrough, to us, to Derby, to West Brom, have ups and downs and we can’t say we are too good to have ups and downs.

Imagine in the last eight matches, instead of two we had four wins, we would be the leaders of the Championship and you will find in the last eight scenarios that lead you to think we maybe should have won two more games.

One thing is to justify and the other is to explain. I am explaining things. You can’t justify why you don’t get what you can get. There is no justification for that, but we have explanations for that.

It’s very important, for me, you don’t take my talk as an excuse. I’m just explaining to you my analysis and I’m responsible for all of this. In each case I insist a lot to improve as much as we can the aspects I mentioned. I have the resources and the authority to improve things in all the aspects I mentioned and if I can’t get that it’s my responsibility. We can close this press conference because we couldn’t have another subject and I left out friend speechless because I know he’s very incisive when he asks questions so I prepared myself to avoid a second question.

Clarke- Considers starting him, praises him but seems like he will remain a sub. :(

Harrison may play.
i think i got the gist of that !
hector

Post by hector »

I had to take a coffee break halfway through
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:59 pm I had to take a coffee break halfway through

With cake, of course ;-)
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:38 pm https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-15316893

Harrison may play.
I hope the interpreter is being well paid, hes earning it
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

As it is
1) A home game
2)Against the bottom club
3) on the back of a bad run
4)not scoring many goals

Does everyone thing this would be the perfect game to give Jack Clarke his debut?

Roofe up front and replace Roberts with Clarke?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dalton wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:35 pm As it is
1) A home game
4)not scoring many goals

Does everyone thing this would be the perfect game to give Jack Clarke his debut?

Yes id start him.

But seems likely Bielsa wont, probably more likely to start Jack Harrison which i think is a real shame, but hey ho.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:12 pm With cake, of course ;-)
Probably ten donuts gessa.... :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1) A home game
4)not scoring many goals

Yes! Good idea Dalton
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1) A home game
4)not scoring many goals

Seems like the game to do so doesn’t it, but think he would be more inclined if we had Douglas and Ayling both playing to offer him more support, than a full back coming in as cover, with a kid making his first start in front of him, personally I’d play him,
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..