Ranieri........

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Ranieri........

Post by 1964white »

Jakanovic out, Ranieri in at Craven Cottage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46205801
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jokanovic/Ranieri

Post by whiteswan »

Just seen that on Sky breaking news 64. I didn't realise that Fulham were bottom of the premier league. A good appt for both I think
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:19 am Just seen that on Sky breaking news 64. I didn't realise that Fulham were bottom of the premier league. A good appt for both I think
No matter what anyone says about the premiership, it is totally different class to the championship.

We'd have similar problems if we are somehow promoted & we don't invest correctly, our track record in that department is not great Swannie
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We'd be a yoyo team probably and hopefully, our first season back will be a slog for us fans. But, and watch the parachute payment rule change for if we get relegated, the parachute payments and intimate knowledge of the championship should make us favourites to go back up..

I thought Jokanovich was a highly rated manager?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:07 am We'd be a yoyo team probably and hopefully, our first season back will be a slog for us fans. But, and watch the parachute payment rule change for if we get relegated, the parachute payments and intimate knowledge of the championship should make us favourites to go back up..

I thought Jokanovich was a highly rated manager?
We would without some major money being spent.

He certainly was in Championship terms, faaip. Problem he had was the owner (American who wanted to buy Wembley and have a NFL franchise play there, name escapes me) didn't back him to strengthen with Prem-quality players. They/he got found out. Don't think he'll be out of a job for long.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:47 pm We would without some major money being spent.

He certainly was in Championship terms, faaip. Problem he had was the owner (American who wanted to buy Wembley and have a NFL franchise play there, name escapes me) didn't back him to strengthen with Prem-quality players. They/he got found out. Don't think he'll be out of a job for long.
I thought the problem was they had backed him, just did a search and Fulham had a net spend of £100m, 3rd biggest in PL behind Liverpool and Chelsea.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 pm I thought the problem was they had backed him, just did a search and Fulham had a net spend of £100m, 3rd biggest in PL behind Liverpool and Chelsea.
Likewise............he's spent a fair few bob, and in doing so seems to have lost the spark that they finished last season with.

Albeit, as others have said above he's now been playing with the big boys, which is a different game altogether

Mind you I'm glad to see Ranieri back. He's good value in his pre-match press conferences and post match interviews and always comes across as a true gent :moggy:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Probably the wrong thing to ditch what got you up and buy a new team...Though if we do go up that is what fans will want us to do...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Too many changes probably destroyed the morale of the squad
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 pm I thought the problem was they had backed him, just did a search and Fulham had a net spend of £100m, 3rd biggest in PL behind Liverpool and Chelsea.
Sorry, mate, got that one completely wrong! Could only recall them making the Mitrovic deal permanent and bringing in Schurle
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fulham sack Ranieri after 16 games at Craven Cottage
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ranieri........

Post by Norm »

I'm fairly sure that all the stars aligned for Ranieri only with Leicester for 1 season and they decided not to persevere with him when they slipped down the table the next season after Kante (a huge influence) had been sold to Chelsea.