January Transfer Plans

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

January Transfer Plans

Post by Cjay »

January transfer window is creeping up and wondered what we would do.

Fans largely think/hope we will make a few quality signings, cb, Gk etc.

But Bielsa has (again) declared himself happy with what he has, while also acknowledging that the club may have a different view.

If Bielsa really doesnt want players should Orta overrule him?

Furthermore where does the money come from?

Radz has already said Ronaldo Vieira was a "necessary sale".

Before Bielsa arrived there were strong rumours that the club was trying to sell 1 of 2 players, surprisingly the 2 names mentioned were Ronaldo Vieira and Pontus Jansson.

Sounded ludicrous but we all know what happened with Vieira.

His social media message after leaving showed that it really wasn't his idea, he was basically forced out by the club, wasnt stated but strongly implied.

And then Pontus Jansson in the Swedish media confirmed that he decided not to go to Russia, originally it was reported the club rejected the bid, but Jansson seemed to confirm that wasnt the case and he decided not to go.

So the club were looking to cash in on two of there only really saleable assets.

Pre Bielsa, thats the key bit.

These rumours of the club touting Jansson and Vieira around were around before Bielsa arrived.

So despite people trying to claim Bielsa preferred Berardi to Jansson or Phillips to Vieira its entirely possible Bielsa was aware the club were looking to cash in and had planned for life without them.

Anyway i digress.

The point being the club are clearly operating a tight budget (as usual) and we dont have money to spend in all likelihood.

Unless we sell first.

So if thats the case do we sell to buy?
If so who?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: January Transfer Plans

Post by 1964white »

Our transfer window should be concluded by the 2nd January as we did all our business in the summer :shhh:
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I see Oliver Casey signed today. Anyone seen him play?
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

no we should build on top what we have.
personally i think the owner is digging himself into a large hole.
it seems he has not learnt from his mistakes .
its obviously to me he is no longer going to put his hands in his pocket which its clear as day light we really need to compete and deserve .
imo to maximize our true potential he should sell up and i personally think he will . he admits he as had offers but reluctant at this moment to sell or disclose who these buyers are. cant really blame him for that the man would be absolute stupid to sell at this moment in time if you get my drift ! fair play to him for taking over from the mad dictator buy elland road and steadying the ship however in my opinion leeds united as become to big for mr radrizzani !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:04 pm no we should build on top what we have.
personally i think the owner is digging himself into a large hole.
it seems he has not learnt from his mistakes .
its obviously to me he is no longer going to put his hands in his pocket which its clear as day light we really need to compete and deserve .
imo to maximize our true potential he should sell up and i personally think he will . he admits he as had offers but reluctant at this moment to sell or disclose who these buyers are. cant really blame him for that the man would be absolute stupid to sell at this moment in time if you get my drift ! fair play to him for taking over from the mad dictator buy elland road and steadying the ship however in my opinion leeds united as become to big for mr radrizzani !
I'll just blank January out mate

We were linked with so many players in the summer

Douglas was a really good signing, shame Bamford suffered a serious injury as he hasn't had an opportunity to prove himself at Leeds.

Four months into the season the loan signings have been ineffective
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Maybe Radz wants to much money.

When Cellino sold the club he made £3.5mil profit according to the accounts, which given what he invested means he probably made a loss since the £3.5mil was only based on the purchase price and then what Radz paid.

Radz in summer 2017 said he had already invested £100mil.

And he also said the club was worth more then twice what he paid for it so he values the club at £100million at least, probably more.

Villa were sold for £30million for 51%, they had money issues but also own there own ground and training ground. Plus they have probably more assets in the playing squad, Kodjia, Grealish, Chester etc.

Why would anyone buy us for £100million plus knowing the playing squad probably needs decent investment and we dont own the training ground and they now have to negotiate with another investor who will probably want a profit on there investment.

Always wondered why we never attract the money others do.

Maybe our owners just ask for to much.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

i already have.
to be fair january is not the best time to do deals as clubs are always reluctant to sell unless its at extortionate prices.
like you i felt we should have done far more business in the summer.
also why does it take us an age and far longer than other clubs to get these deals over the line and completed . really f**king annoying.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:47 pm Maybe Radz wants to much money.

When Cellino sold the club he made £3.5mil profit according to the accounts, which given what he invested means he probably made a loss since the £3.5mil was only based on the purchase price and then what Radz paid.

Radz in summer 2017 said he had already invested £100mil.

And he also said the club was worth more then twice what he paid for it so he values the club at £100million at least, probably more.

Villa were sold for £30million for 51%, they had money issues but also own there own ground and training ground. Plus they have probably more assets in the playing squad, Kodjia, Grealish, Chester etc.

Why would anyone buy us for £100million plus knowing the playing squad probably needs decent investment and we dont own the training ground and they now have to negotiate with another investor who will probably want a profit on there investment.

Always wondered why we never attract the money others do.

Maybe our owners just ask for to much.
i honestly dont know. what i do know im losing patience sooner or later we need to take some sort of a gamble to get out of this league. i feel we wont get a better chance than this year . otherwise like i have said in another post we could lose some of our key players and lets face it pablo like some on here is not getting any younger. we can and could easily find ourselfs back to square one.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:14 pm i already have.
to be fair january is not the best time to do deals as clubs are always reluctant to sell unless its at extortionate prices.
like you i felt we should have done far more business in the summer.
also why does it take us an age and far longer than other clubs to get these deals over the line and completed . really f**king annoying.
Apparently our medicals are quite extensive :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm i honestly dont know. what i do know im losing patience sooner or later we need to take some sort of a gamble to get out of this league. i feel we wont get a better chance than this year . otherwise like i have said in another post we could lose some of our key players and lets face it pablo like some on here is not getting any younger. we can and could easily find ourselfs back to square one.
A distinct possibility :(