Going to need a bigger ground.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Going to need a bigger ground.

Post by leic white 63 »

now sold out for bristol a week before !! if and if we got promoted to the premiership we are surely going to need to redevelop elland rd to increase the capacity . another ground on another site would be unthinkable for me . probably knock down the now ageing west stand and build the equivalent to the east stand. the south stand also imo needs redevelopments imo. ....... thoughts ???
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: going to need a bigger ground.

Post by 1964white »

West Stand will be the first redevelopment project

No need to worry about that this season '63

We need to concentrate on building the team before we go down that road
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:06 pm West Stand will be the first redevelopment project

No need to worry about that this season '63

We need to concentrate on building the team before we go down that road
yep afraid so !
at times i think it probably would have been better spending the 20 mill on the team instead of buying the ground back. the ground could have probably waited untill we got out of this league. i suppose thats why im a fan and not a business man .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:28 pm yep afraid so !
at times i think it probably would have been better spending the 20 mill on the team instead of buying the ground back. the ground could have probably waited untill we got out of this league. i suppose thats why im a fan and not a business man .
Owning the ground won't get us up

Just makes Leeds United more of a selling asset when Radz is ready to sell
gessa

Re: Going to need a bigger ground.

Post by gessa »

Leeds United don't own the ground.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:46 pm Leeds United don't own the ground.
Parent company of Leeds United owns it
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Radz could keep the ground, no obligation to sell it even if he sells the club.

Its clever PR but we have no more right to the ground then we did before, just not paying rent which was a pittance compared to the £20mil Radz paid for it.

Radz didnt need to buy the ground back, PR and an asset.

The ambitious thing to do was to spend the money on the squad :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:02 pm Radz could keep the ground, no obligation to sell it even if he sells the club.

Its clever PR but we have no more right to the ground then we did before, just not paying rent which was a pittance compared to the £20mil Radz paid for it.

Radz didnt need to buy the ground back, PR and an asset.

The ambitious thing to do was to spend the money on the squad :(
exactly.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

I can remember back in the early/mid 90's when I was still the holder of a 'Leeds United Premier Card' getting the circular letter (I recall it came in a yellow envelope) from Ridsdale outlining the club's ambition to build a new stadium on one of the Junctions on the M62 (A1 or M1 ?? - I can't recall now).

But given the absolute lack of appetite from fans for a move from Elland Road, as far as I know those plans melted away and there hasn't been a plan to move away since.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:18 pm I can remember back in the early/mid 90's when I was still the holder of a 'Leeds United Premier Card' getting the circular letter (I recall it came in a yellow envelope) from Ridsdale outlining the club's ambition to build a new stadium on one of the Junctions on the M62 (A1 or M1 ?? - I can't recall now).

But given the absolute lack of appetite from fans for a move from Elland Road, as far as I know those plans melted away and there hasn't been a plan to move away since.

Got one of those too, somewhere around Pontefract if my memory serves me right
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:18 pm I can remember back in the early/mid 90's when I was still the holder of a 'Leeds United Premier Card' getting the circular letter (I recall it came in a yellow envelope) from Ridsdale outlining the club's ambition to build a new stadium on one of the Junctions on the M62 (A1 or M1 ?? - I can't recall now).

The proposed ground was near junction 44 on the M1, Miles from the centre and IMO would have been the biggest mistake in our history. I was in favour of redeveloping ER but the South stand would have been problematic due to it being on the main road and the only way would have been to make it a cantilever stand, anyway I don’t think we need worry about that just yet...