Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline: Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:37 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
14%
2-2
14%
3-3 or higher
No votes
Blades by 1
29%
Leeds by 1
29%
Blades by 2
No votes
Leeds by 2
7%
Blades by 3 or more
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
7%

Total votes: 14

rab_rant

Re: Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by rab_rant »

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Shame rest of the results were a shower of sh*t for us. Still may as well have the FA, FL, refs and every other team doing their best to derail the Bielsa Locomotion.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

And If I am not mistaken, our very own 64, (No.1 Whites watching Bottom left), https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9472356
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Must have been a great afternoon in South Yorkshire. Brilliant scenes hope for more of it to come.Well done all those who travelled and the faces say it all really.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:24 pm Shame rest of the results were a shower of sh*t for us. Still may as well have the FA, FL, refs and every other team doing their best to derail the Bielsa Locomotion.
If Villa can stay in front it won't be a bad day
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 pm If Villa can stay in front it won't be a bad day
Even a draw wouldn't be too bad as would mean both Villa and Boro dropping points.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 pm If Villa can stay in front it won't be a bad day
Certainly would be :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Azkalwhite wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:38 pm And If I am not mistaken, our very own 64, (No.1 Whites watching Bottom left), https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9472356
Good spot Azkal :tup: I was on the 3rd row, the first two rows were covered with netting

When I clicked the link all I could see was the fur on my parka so I did a google search & came up with clearer shot of my boatrace as we all celebrated the goal

Screenshot 2018-12-01 at 18.48.20.png
Screenshot 2018-12-01 at 18.48.20.png (362.01 KiB) Viewed 1838 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:54 pm Must have been a great afternoon in South Yorkshire. Brilliant scenes hope for more of it to come.Well done all those who travelled and the faces say it all really.
Yes Paddy we enjoy that :-D

Our first win at Bramall Lane since we won the Division One title as it was then 26 years ago
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

leedsalex wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:36 pm Great win. Pablo was immense too. The referee was really poor.
Having read all the reviews on here, this one is the one I agree with. I was out today, meeting my mum and sister for a Christmas shopping meet up. Started off badly as their train was delayed due to overhead cable problems but.... eventually met up. My son Thomas kept me appraised of the game and ultimate score :) Having arrived home I have watched the game which was taped for me. First half was quite frankly something to forget. Second half at least we scored. Shirt pulling galore from them ignored, but the tiniest pull from us and a yellow :roll: Anyway we won, 3 points so yay :tup: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:31 pm Even a draw wouldn't be too bad as would mean both Villa and Boro dropping points.
3-0 Villa means 4 points clear of third...that's the gap I'd love to open wider
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

villa will be a big danger. look a big strong unit.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Getting concerned about free-scoring Vile. Another tough away trip coming up there. Looking ahead the 2nd half of the season is full of home games against those around/near us and with home advantage id like to think that that will see us back to the promised land. Ho Ho Ho !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:29 pm villa will be a big danger. look a big strong unit.
Dean Smith has Improved them very quickly in the short time he’s been there.
If anyone finishes above them come the end of the season then I think they’ll be going up.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:24 pm Shame rest of the results were a shower of sh*t for us. Still may as well have the FA, FL, refs and every other team doing their best to derail the Bielsa Locomotion.
Villa done us a big favour in the evening kick-off :-D
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Interestingly we have gained more points in our second set of 10 fixtures than we did in the opening 10. We gained 19 points from our first 10 matches and have gained 20 from the last 10 (total of 39pts from the 20 played). Despite the injuries we have statistically outperformed the free scoring early Leeds. A contradictory stat though is that we were plus 12 goals from our first 10 matches but only plus 4 from the last 10 which shows that whilst we are not destroying teams we have been able to find ways to win which is a good trait to have.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:38 pm Interestingly we have gained more points in our second set of 10 fixtures than we did in the opening 10. We gained 19 points from our first 10 matches and have gained 20 from the last 10 (total of 39pts from the 20 played). Despite the injuries we have statistically outperformed the free scoring early Leeds. A contradictory stat though is that we were plus 12 goals from our first 10 matches but only plus 4 from the last 10 which shows that whilst we are not destroying teams we have been able to find ways to win which is a good trait to have.

WE REALLY NEED A LIKE BUTTON HERE...Is it possible @ Shields .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well that was probably our most disciplined defensive performance of the season. We kept our shape throughout the whole of the 90 minutes in order to restrict the blunts to limited opportunities. We got a firm foothold in the game once Bielsa moved Pablo playing down the middle with Roofe out on the flank which worked a treat. We also stood up to plenty of dirty tactics from the blunts & as a consequence lost our captain to a bad injury. To come away with three points playing against twelve men is a magnificent achievement from Bielsa's boys

Positives

Pontus was like a rock at the back
The consistency of Kalvin Phillips
The performance of Stuart Dallas
Peacock-Farrell's two saves
Midfield duo Forshaw & Klich protected our defence so well today
Halme's display v Billy Sharp apart from one error
The boundless energy of Roofe even out on the flank
The composure of Clarke for our goal
Pablo playing upfront & his goal
Our discipline & shape
Defensively sound, another clean sheet
Stood up to some dirty challenges
Three kids play their part coming off the bench
Three points

Negatives

Cooper's injury
Appalling inconsistent referee
Alioski, the less said the better

Ratings

7 Peacock-Farrell
8 Dallas
9 Jansson MOTM
6 Cooper
8 Phillips
6 Douglas
7 Forshaw
7 Klich
7 Roofe
3 Alioski
7 Hernandez
7 Halme
7 Clarke
n/a Shackleton
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Very good stat which I'm surprised at and probably very few of us realised which proves that we don't need to score a hatful of goals every game to get the 3 pts however I do wish that when they are in a position to put games to bed that they would do so to spare us the anguish and torture that inevitably happens.

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Very good stat which I'm surprised at and probably very few of us realised which proves that we don't need to score a hatful of goals every game to get the 3 pts however I do wish that when they are in a position to put games to bed that they would do so to spare us the anguish and torture that inevitably happens.