So Long Samu?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

So Long Samu?

Post by Cjay »

Always felt Bielsa was make or break for Saiz.

He would either react to Bielsa like Payet did at Marseille or he would react badly and rub Bielsa up the wrong way.

While all seems well and Bielsa talks him up in public i do wonder if all is as it seems, especially with Izzy Brown now starting to edge his way back to fitness.

There are a few things about Saiz that imo i can see annoying Bielsa.

1) his passing and decision making . .Bielsa likes to move the ball quickly, to keep the ball, Samu on the other hand does over play and hold the ball to long on occasion and his passing is erratic at best.

2) Bielsa likes players who work hard . . .Samu isnt that sort of player, he doesnt chase down like he could, like others do.

3) His attitude . . .You get the impression Samu may be a difficult character on the pitch at least, a moaner, a whinger, the other game Saiz very publicly berated Jack Clarke for not passing him the ball. Cant see Bielsa liking that, especially given Clarkes age. it was noticeable when Salim Lamrani said "the goalkeeper made a mistake", Bielsa corrected him (in English) saying "no, not the goalkeeper, the team".

I think Bielsa would take a very dim view of Saiz's attitude and work rate most of all, he only wants players who buy in to his style 100%, that style include the closeness of the group and publicly berating an 18 year old as a senior pro wouldnt go down well with Bielsa imo.

Could it be the the reason Saiz is out of the lineup is because we are planning for life without him?

Maybe the same way Bielsa hasnt used the loans much, they arent part of the future?

Reportedly we turned down Valencia in the summer when they came knocking for Saiz, maybe he has had his head turned?

Saiz doesnt seem the sort of player to be happy with the bench, seems the sort to be a bit of a negative influence?

If we want to spend in January could Saiz be the one sacrificed?

All just speculation, but could there be more to Saiz's benching then first there appeared?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Re: So Long Samu?

Post by rab_rant »

It is only the punters that suggest that the players on the bench are not good
enough to be out playing on the pitch. Bielsa has explicitly stated that those
on the bench are just as important as those on the field.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Similar to Clarke it may be that Bielsa sees Saiz as being able to have a more positive coming on as a sub. I am sure the last thing a tiring opposition wants to see is Saiz and Clarke coming on.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:53 am Similar to Clarke it may be that Bielsa sees Saiz as being able to have a more positive coming on as a sub. I am sure the last thing a tiring opposition wants to see is Saiz and Clarke coming on.
Exactly. If Saiz and Clarke start then who do we have as game changers from the bench, Harrison and Baker? Lol.

Besides, I was angry with Clarke too for not passing. If Saiz or Alioski did the same, they'd be called greedy, selfish, every expletive under the sun etc. I don't like the way academy players get free passes when others don't, they're all Leeds United players after all. :tup: