Cooper and Dallas out for 4-6 weeks

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Cooper and Dallas out for 4-6 weeks

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:32 pm That's another concern SG

If we lose Pontus we are right in the mire :(
When does the five card limit expire?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:33 pm When does the five card limit expire?
31st December 2018
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Even with a bigger squad this injury crisis would be a stern test. If Leeds are top 6 by 2019 they deserve promotion for that alone . When all the players are back it will seem to MB like having half a team of new signings available who are already Bielsa ball familiar and as long as there are no more long term injuries I can see the lads kicking on and going up automatically. I'm sure they'll deal with these setbacks in the meantime and become even harder to beat.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:51 pm 31st December 2018
Wrong. The five card limit has already passed on 30th Nov. The ten card limit is after 37 matches, which is Reading (away) on the 12th March. The fifteen card limit is the end of the season.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Sheesh, soon we'll have to change our theme song on board name to Hobbling on Together.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:06 pm Wrong. The five card limit has already passed on 30th Nov. The ten card limit is after 37 matches, which is Reading (away) on the 12th March. The fifteen card limit is the end of the season.
Yeah, I thought it expired by the Sheffield Utd game, they mentioned it during the game,
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:06 pm Wrong. The five card limit has already passed on 30th Nov. The ten card limit is after 37 matches, which is Reading (away) on the 12th March. The fifteen card limit is the end of the season.
I thought it was then I read this which must only apply to the premiership clubs

An accumulation of 5 yellow cards results in a one match suspension.
An accumulation of 10 yellow cards results in a two match suspension.
An accumulation of 15 yellow cards results in a three match suspension.
If a player reaches a total of 20 yellow cards for the season he/she is required to attend a special hearing at the FA to discuss their on-field behaviour.
However, there is a concept of cut-off dates for yellow cards.

The five yellow card count is “reset” on 31st December. It means a player receiving their fifth yellow card of the season on January 1 or later will not receive a ban.
The ten yellow card count is “reset” on second Sunday in April. It means a player receiving their eleventh yellow card of the season after the second Sunday of April will not receive any ban.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

This is insane. I can't recall a team being hit this hard by the injury bug.

Gurj: Ayling back in 2-3 weeks; Berardi not due back until February.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:15 pm I thought it was then I read this which must only apply to the premiership clubs

An accumulation of 5 yellow cards results in a one match suspension.
An accumulation of 10 yellow cards results in a two match suspension.
An accumulation of 15 yellow cards results in a three match suspension.
If a player reaches a total of 20 yellow cards for the season he/she is required to attend a special hearing at the FA to discuss their on-field behaviour.
However, there is a concept of cut-off dates for yellow cards.

The five yellow card count is “reset” on 31st December. It means a player receiving their fifth yellow card of the season on January 1 or later will not receive a ban.
The ten yellow card count is “reset” on second Sunday in April. It means a player receiving their eleventh yellow card of the season after the second Sunday of April will not receive any ban.
Possibly for the Prem, as they have only played 15 games. I'll let you work that one out.
They now do it after a specified number of games.
5 (Premier League) Following 19 League Fixtures 1 Match Suspension
5 (English Football League) Following 19 League Fixtures 1 Match Suspension
5 (National League) Following 23 League Fixtures 1 Match Suspension
10 (Premier League) Following 32 League Fixtures 2 Match Suspension
10 (English Football League, National League) Following 37 League Fixtures 2 Match Suspension
15 (Premier League, English Football League, National League) End of the Season 3 Match Suspension
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

What about changing the system? With the new youngstes saving the day against Staff Utd i am not worried.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

John in Louisiana wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:01 pm This is insane. I can't recall a team being hit this hard by the injury bug.

Gurj: Ayling back in 2-3 weeks; Berardi not due back until February.
Thanks John. We need Ayling back ASAP, didnt realise Berardi was still 7 or 8 weeks away :-(
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

jindy30 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:44 am What about changing the system? With the new youngstes saving the day against Staff Utd i am not worried.
I am all for youngsters in the team but when we have to have a back 2 including both Shackleton and Halme, we are really going to be under the cosh, maybe not against the likes of QPR or Bolton coming up, but when we go to the better sides like Villa away. Players such as Abraham, Grealish and Kodija are going to be very tough for those kids to handle. But lets hope we can muddle through until the likes of Ayling are back.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Looks like Shackleton is the one for the RB spot, glad for him to get another shot at starting, I’m sure he has learned from where he fell down the last time and do well,
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I am please about that as well.
We coul dhave had Blackman, Halme, Clarke and Shacks starting. If Douglas pick sup a card may be pearce
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains