Winter Ailments

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Winter Ailments

Post by 1964white »

My tips to avoid flu/cold/sickness bugs/germs

Good diet
Plenty of exercise
Drink alcohol in moderation
Don't smoke
Plenty of hot drinks
Warm clothing when out on winter days
Don't touch your face rubbing your eyes or picking your nose
Gargle with TCP/mouthwashes if you come in contact with someone who have cold/flu symptoms
Move into the spare bedroom if your spouse/partner is ill
If you feel a cold coming take a regular dose of paracetamols/drink plenty of water/gargle to ward off or flush the germs away
Cough/sneeeze into tissues & then dispose of them when possible
Teach children good hygiene habits, kids spread germs around like wildfire nowadays

Wash or cleanse your hands thoroughly after:

Going to the loo
Touching money
Using fuel pumps
Touching doors when out shopping, restaurants, pubs, sporting/concert events
Before handling/eating food
Handshakes
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:19 pm Nothing triggers it Faaip. I don't even think I have asthma but I went for an NHS health check a few years ago and after blowing into that tube thing a few times she told me I had asthma! So I have the brown inhaler for daily use and the blue one for 'emergencies'
I remember my GP diagnosing me with asthma & issuing out inhalers about 20 years. No way did I have or ever suffered asthmatic symptoms. Doctors were on one of their purges dishing inhalers out left, right & centre :shock: once they've got you expect flu jabs, statins, etc....we are nation of walking zombies :shock:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:19 pm Nothing triggers it Faaip. I don't even think I have asthma but I went for an NHS health check a few years ago and after blowing into that tube thing a few times she told me I had asthma! So I have the brown inhaler for daily use and the blue one for 'emergencies'
Ahh, when I was diagnosed I had a battery of blood tests (House Dust mite btw) ...The tube thing just tells you lung capacity, she was just guessing and it's rather shocking tbh.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:57 pm My tips to avoid flu/cold/sickness bugs/germs

Good diet
Plenty of exercise
Don't smoke
Plenty of hot drinks
Gargle with TCP/mouthwashes if you come in contact with someone who have cold/flu symptoms
If you feel a cold coming take a regular dose of paracetamols/drink plenty of water/gargle to ward off or flush the germs away
Teach children good hygiene habits, kids spread germs around like wildfire nowadays

Going to the loo
Touching money
Using fuel pumps
Handshakes
Before you leave the house use one of those hand sanitizers, they last for hours if you don't wash your hands again. Always wash hands when returning home
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:16 pm Before you leave the house use one of those hand sanitizers, they last for hours if you don't wash your hands again. Always wash hands when returning home
Yes I keep one of those i my car :tup: always have wet-wipes in my lunch bag too when on my travels.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:14 pm Ahh, when I was diagnosed I had a battery of blood tests (House Dust mite btw) ...The tube thing just tells you lung capacity, she was just guessing and it's rather shocking tbh.
Not good :(
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

In Finland because of concerns of childhood vaccinations, because that they have been
linked to cot deaths or autism some parents have refused to have their kids vaccinated.
Children with colds or flus are sent home from kindergarten until they have recovered,
and the latest government proposal is that if your child is not vaccinated then you will
not receive family allowance or child support.

Just saying.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Slightly off topic, no ailment as such but just phoned doctors(can't remember last time i went) to make an appointment to be told first available appointment is the 29th December, wtf. Told me to call at 8.30 each morning as they have a certain number of emergency appointments but they go quickly. Unbelievable.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:25 am Slightly off topic, no ailment as such but just phoned doctors(can't remember last time i went) to make an appointment to be told first available appointment is the 29th December, wtf. Told me to call at 8.30 each morning as they have a certain number of emergency appointments but they go quickly. Unbelievable.
Can't afford to be ill these days mate, we all could be dead by the time the appointment comes round.

We have a situation where 1000's of new houses are being built here in the wolds

Do we create more doctors surgeries ?
Do we build new hospitals ?
Do we build new schools as the current ones are overflowing ?
Do we have better rail services ?
Do we widen/build new roads to cope with the demand of more traffic ?

The simple answer to all these questions is NO !

What is the point of increased populated areas if the adequate infrastructure isn't in place

The UK has gone crazy, we are miles behind our European counterparts
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:14 pm Ahh, when I was diagnosed I had a battery of blood tests (House Dust mite btw) ...The tube thing just tells you lung capacity, she was just guessing and it's rather shocking tbh.
I must admit the blue one comes into it's own when I'm cycling the hills of the Yorkshire Dales with my cousin.
We did the Ilkley White Rose Classic three years ago and some of the hills had me breathing out of my arse.
Sadly had to dismount a couple of times and had 'walks of shame'
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:43 am Can't afford to be ill these days mate, we all could be dead by the time the appointment comes round.

We have a situation where 1000's of new houses are being built here in the wolds

Do we create more doctors surgeries ?
Do we build new hospitals ?
Do we build new schools as the current ones are overflowing ?
Do we have better rail services ?
Do we widen/build new roads to cope with the demand of more traffic ?

The simple answer to all these questions is NO !

What is the point of increased populated areas if the adequate infrastructure isn't in place

The UK has gone crazy, we are miles behind our European counterparts
Same here, 2500 new houses planned, one of those Cheshire Oaks places being built right next to the busiest roads in the area, and all we are getting is about 200 metres of road changed to dual carriageway, madness.
hector

Post by hector »

lego land houses all over the gaff here
Amesbury 8000
Andover 10000
Romsey 5000
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:57 pm My tips to avoid flu/cold/sickness bugs/germs

Good diet
Plenty of exercise
Don't smoke
Plenty of hot drinks

Going to the loo
Touching money
Using fuel pumps
Handshakes
I'm surprised that you dare leave the house. Standing regularly with all those grubby Leeds fans must have you twitching, as well.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:29 am I'm surprised that you dare leave the house. Standing regularly with all those grubby Leeds fans must have you twitching, as well.
I've witnessed how society behaves generally but it doesn't stop me living a very active life work & socially-wise as I look after myself. Yes I catch colds now again & both Jill & I have endured one serious flu-bug in the 23 years we've been together but by taking precautions we can minimise our illnesses.

It's only a matter before someone coughs all over me & gives me their unwelcome germs :( probably Christmas week when we take time off work, being self-employed neither of can't afford to be ill for too long as we don't earn a salary through sickness or holiday times!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:25 am lego land houses all over the gaff here
Amesbury 8000
Andover 10000
Romsey 5000
I'd like to know Hector who is buying all these houses ?
hector

Post by hector »

Judging by the state of the towns on shopping days... 1 word can sum them up...

Chavs!!

the bloody places are heaving with em.....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:46 pm Judging by the state of the towns on shopping days... 1 word can sum them up...

Chavs!!

the bloody places are heaving with em.....
Yes the same around our local areas, as long they don't venture into our village I'll be happy
hector

Post by hector »

That wouldn't bother me too much..

Even I don't venture into our village..... Place is full of entitled twunts.... I tend to keep to myself..

:)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:07 pm That wouldn't bother me too much..

Even I don't venture into our village..... Place is full of entitled twunts.... I tend to keep to myself..

:)
We live in a nice small village Hector