January Transfer Rumours And Squad Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: January Transfer Rumours And Squad Discussion

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:31 pm What if we did though, go up on the cheap?
Would be some achievement, mate, but I worry that without some strengthening, we'll run out of legs as Bielsa teams have done in the past. The high press, Bielsaball, whatever you want to call it, is a tough gig over 46 games in the Championship. Not being negative, I think MB's worked miracles and we may even be ahead of where the club anticipated us being as this stage in his tenure, but there is a great opportunity there for the taking and if we dip out because AR wouldn't risk a few quid, then that will be a shame
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Transfer priorities

First I will see what the possibilities are of the club to bring in players. What kind of players the club can add to the team. If they are better than what we have. Obviously we had Blackman with us, but not anymore. Saiz and Baker left and we didn’t want them to leave. When I say it was not our decision to make him leave, but me as the head coach, as a club, it was his decision.

I can’t ignore the fact we have lost many players in the past few weeks, but we can adapt to the situation. We can solve these difficulties. Dallas, Berardi, Blackman are not here, outside the group. Liam comes back to the group. Douglas is not in the group. A fifth absence is Kalvin Phillips, who is suspended. Saiz and Baker are not inside the group.

Bamford is absent too. Pablo Hernandez will find it hard in the next game, so we are missing many players, but for me, it’s not an excuse. We have the obligation to win the next game and we can win the next game. We just lost the last three games, the last one we deserved to lose, but the two Championship games, we didn’t deserve to lose them.

We have no excuses not to win against Derby. We have the players we need to reach the win with optimism. Obviously, it doesn’t matter if we have 10 players less or not.

If we need a midfielder and if we can bring him here, but if he’s not good we won’t take him. We will add great players that will be better than those we have, that means an important investment for the club.

That can solve the fact Vieira left, Saiz left and Baker left. We were not expecting these exits. The main investment the club did couldn’t be an addition to us. The main investment was Bamford and he played for a short time, got injured, played for a short time and got injured. Blackman also got a six-month injury.

Dallas and Berardi also suffered severe injuries. The club can’t forecast all these things.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

That puts to bed the Vieira thing, Bielsa didnt want him sold pure and simple.

Bielsa saying we are 10 players down.

Clear as day the man wants players in.

Ffs Radz get your finger out.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:25 pm I'm not a fan of this window, nor do I necessarily want some big-time charlies coming in and destroying what seems to be a very strong squad spirit. However, teams rarely get out of this league on the cheap. Scratch beneath the surface and even Brighton, Bournemouth and Cardiff had been spending relatively large sums and were all staring down the barrel of FFP had they not went up the season they did. We are in an unprecedented position, top of the league and with a proper coach in place for the first time in years. I think even the most optimistic of us (and I include myself in that) can see that we need a keeper, a replacement for Saiz and maybe a CB (though I do think Halme can fill in there). Would be a real shame if we blew this opportunity for the sake of a few million in either loan or transfer fees.
The problem is Radz is deluded and thinks they all did it on the cheap, they didn't. He said he wants us to be like Brighton, but they were propped up by a sugar daddy and were losing £30m a year chasing promotion.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I agree with Bielsa they need to be better than what we have rather than more bench warmers. Andy King, Fraser Forster, Adel Taarabt on loan, not exactly spending £50m. Pull your fcking finger out for once Radz or sell up to someone who will.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:53 pm I agree with Bielsa they need to be better than what we have rather than more bench warmers. Andy King, Fraser Forster, Adel Taarabt on loan, not exactly spending £50m. Pull your fcking finger out for once Radz or sell up to someone who will.
Why do you think he bought the ground ?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:56 pm Why do you think he bought the ground ?
He claimed he turned down loads of bids this summer, yeah right. :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Shall we start a crowdfunder to help Bielsa out?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:47 pm
We have no excuses not to win against Derby. We have the players we need to reach the win with optimism. Obviously, it doesn’t matter if we have 10 players less or not.
No we haven't.....nonsense!

Why are we chucking points away like confetti if we have quality players to replace our best XI:?

Dallas for Ayling - NO
Davis for Douglas - NO
Berardi for Pontus - NO
Phillips for Cooper - NO
Harrison for Pablo - NO
Forshaw for Phillips - NO
Roberts for Roofe - NO
Baker for Saiz - NO

Jack Clarke is the only player that improves our team when used sparingly
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:35 pm Yeah why would we want someone like him at the club!
Because he s a fumbler and a flapper and he let 2 free kicks
past him at Hampden from outside the 18yd box... no wait
a minute the kicks were taken from Kelvin Grove Park which
is outside the stadium and still he didn't manage to save them.
He never recovered from the Pirlo chip.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 pm Because he s a fumbler and a flapper and he let 2 free kicks
past him at Hampden from outside the 18yd box... no wait
a minute the kicks were taken from Kelvin Grove Park which
is outside the stadium and still he didn't manage to save them.
He never recovered from the Pirlo chip.
He's actually been good at Burnley this season. He faces the most shots of any keeper so they're bound to let a few in. He'd be a massive step up from BPF. If Preston are looking, we can't use the "can't afford him, he won't come" excuse.
leedsalex
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsalex »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:25 pm I'm not a fan of this window, nor do I necessarily want some big-time charlies coming in and destroying what seems to be a very strong squad spirit. However, teams rarely get out of this league on the cheap. Scratch beneath the surface and even Brighton, Bournemouth and Cardiff had been spending relatively large sums and were all staring down the barrel of FFP had they not went up the season they did. We are in an unprecedented position, top of the league and with a proper coach in place for the first time in years. I think even the most optimistic of us (and I include myself in that) can see that we need a keeper, a replacement for Saiz and maybe a CB (though I do think Halme can fill in there). Would be a real shame if we blew this opportunity for the sake of a few million in either loan or transfer fees.
I comletely agree with this. And now it seems that we lost Baker too and although i never liked him we need another midfileder because we have so many injuries
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:09 pm Why are we chucking points away like confetti if we have quality players to replace our best XI:?
Hardly like we have been chucking points away. We won 7 games on the bounce. Okay we lost to Hull but against Forest we were the better team and but for the fact we had to play most of the match with 10 men would likely have won. As it was the defeat v Forest wasn't down to not having options but more that the manager chose to keep going with the attacking side even when we had gone 2-1 up. We could have brought Halme on. As it was the 10 men that we had on the pitch put in a quality performance until they got 2-1 up and then the fact we had made changes to chase the game meant we were short defensively and lacked any cohesion at the back.

Against Hull maybe we score if our £7m (to £10m) striker was available (even just as a sub) but unfortunately he is injured. Do we go out and spend £5m to £10m on another striker pushing Tyler Roberts down to 4th choice?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Apparently there was an "interest" in Ibai Gomez but "no firm offer".

There was an interest in Steven Zuber but "no firm offer"

Are the club just paying the fans lip service, leaking "interest" and doing nothing concrete.

We are dicking about while the players drop like flies, Bielsa because he is a good principled man doesnt moan, but he is having his hands tied behind his back, and he is at pains to point out this isnt his squad, he didnt build it, he didnt choose any players, he is doing the best he can with what he has.

How would he do if we had ambitious owners? what could he do with Villa? or Stoke, or WBA?

Bet he would have walked the league with that Wolves squad.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:54 pm Hardly like we have been chucking points away. We won 7 games on the bounce. Okay we lost to Hull but against Forest we were the better team and but for the fact we had to play most of the match with 10 men would likely have won. As it was the defeat v Forest wasn't down to not having options but more that the manager chose to keep going with the attacking side even when we had gone 2-1 up. We could have brought Halme on. As it was the 10 men that we had on the pitch put in a quality performance until they got 2-1 up and then the fact we had made changes to chase the game meant we were short defensively and lacked any cohesion at the back.

Against Hull maybe we score if our £7m (to £10m) striker was available (even just as a sub) but unfortunately he is injured. Do we go out and spend £5m to £10m on another striker pushing Tyler Roberts down to 4th choice?
But we have thrown away points weasel. West Brom deserved to beat us, but we should have been level or even ahead at Forest before Phillips' red, Hull had two shots in the whole game, Blackburn two set pieces, Birmingham two mistakes from BPF, Wendies drew 1-1 despite completely dominating, Forest at home scraped a dubious point despite dominating, Swansea dropped two points as we had no CB. I make that at least 18 points dropped that could and probably should have gone our way.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:54 pm Hardly like we have been chucking points away. We won 7 games on the bounce. Okay we lost to Hull but against Forest we were the better team and but for the fact we had to play most of the match with 10 men would likely have won. As it was the defeat v Forest wasn't down to not having options but more that the manager chose to keep going with the attacking side even when we had gone 2-1 up. We could have brought Halme on. As it was the 10 men that we had on the pitch put in a quality performance until they got 2-1 up and then the fact we had made changes to chase the game meant we were short defensively and lacked any cohesion at the back.

Games lost or drawn when Jansson, Cooper, Hernandez, Roofe, Phillips, Ayling or Douglas were unavailable

D Swansea - Cooper & Jansson not a proper CB playing (Phillips withdrawn)
D Middlesbro' - Hernandez, Jansson
D Millwall - Hernandez, Roofe
L Birmingham - Hernandez, Roofe
D Sheff Wed - Hernandez, Roofe
D Brentford - Hernandez, Roofe, Douglas
L Blackburn - Hernandez, Douglas
D Forest - Douglas
L West Brom - Ayling, conceded two late goals when Douglas was subbed
L Hull City - Cooper
L Forest - Cooper. (Phillips first-half dismissal)
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

We really need to see some urgency in our recruitment, the Derby game was the date when I had at least expected a keeper to be signed.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
gessa

Post by gessa »

From elsewhere. Player coming from a Spanish side, should be signed Monday.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:54 pm From elsewhere. Player coming from a Spanish side, should be signed Monday.
Thats very vague :(
Signed

King Cjay

paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Yes ... but could be a Barca player. Or maybe not.