The Early #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 13th Dec)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The Early #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 13th Dec)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:28 am I'm currently investigating the Jansson bid by Krasnodar in the Summer.

That all started by media reports saying:-

Jansson wasn't happy at Leeds

Jansson wants to be playing at a higher level

Jansson is not the player he was.

This was shortly followed up by Jansson telling all and sundry that he flatly refused a transfer to Krasnador!

Suddenly after this, all the media reports went down.

What I am trying to understand is that some of the reports quote a transfer price of 5.1m, others quote 10m.

Jansson has an extra large gob (thankfully).

Otherwise, he may not have been with us now!
Jansson actually said THAT LEEDS TRIED TO SELL HIM BEHIND HIS BACK!
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:20 am Morning Eire lad, YOU HAVE YOUR SAY MATEY!!!
Have done often enough Matt. Can see clearly, in my opinion, whats happening again. As always hope Im wrong but in meantime I leave the eternal optimists to get on with it
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:19 am

I'm not having a go at you pal, I'm just seething
I'd never have guessed. :-D
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:18 am Youll get pelters for expressing that view. I usually do so dont bother anymore. Have learned in recent decades to express the worst at Leeds and never disappointed that way
I don't care what others think to be honest Eire. I've invested an enormous amount of my income in LUFC over the last 55 years as have many other fans I see home & away, we deserve something in return for our loyalty & that means retaining our best players in our quest for promotion.

I can take Saiz leaving however I'd be furious if we allowed a couple more of our main squad to leave as that is showing no ambition whatsoever. Over the years the majority of our owners have behave like politicians on their high salaries screwing the club for every penny they can get their hands on
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 am Jansson actually said THAT LEEDS TRIED TO SELL HIM BEHIND HIS BACK!
Nothing surprises me at Leeds anymore Matt
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Well for me we should get rid of Alioski too;
In fact sell him.I believe our best signing/ top player this season to date had been the coach Mr. Beisla . He has proved himself to be no shrinking violet at Leeds United.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

David Cartlidge‏Verified account@davidjaca

Torres said some players at Getafe already know who it is, but he couldn’t name the player tonight as “it would anger the English team”. Sáiz would arrive as a loan, with option to buy.

David Cartlidge is an editor for ESPN and journo for Talksport
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Saiz has been on the bench for weeks!! Why would you keep a unhappy player? Replace him and there is no problem, simple as.
Nobody knows what the plan is so please stop assuming the worst, every player in our squad has improved under Bielsa apart from Saiz, the championship just doesn’t suit him.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eireleeds1 »

dezzy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:03 am Saiz has been on the bench for weeks!! Why would you keep a unhappy player? Replace him and there is no problem, simple as.
Nobody knows what the plan is so please stop assuming the worst, every player in our squad has improved under Bielsa apart from Saiz, the championship just doesn’t suit him.
Correct but you buy the replacement before selling him if youre serious about promotion or running a top club. After all, Bielsas already said there wont be any quality available for signing in January. Bates was castigated years ago for handling transfers the same way
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:03 am Saiz has been on the bench for weeks!! Why would you keep a unhappy player? Replace him and there is no problem, simple as.
ahh a common sense post ....well played sir
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Morning Dessy.

He won't be replaced!

He hope Brown's fitness will hold off and will be an adequate replacement.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:08 am Correct but you buy the replacement before selling him if youre serious about promotion or running a top club. After all, Bielsas already said there wont be any quality available for signing in January. Bates was castigated years ago for handling transfers the same way
You tell em Eire lad.... :)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:20 am ahh a common sense post ....well played sir
Yer cheeky git :) :) :)

Izzy Brown on Saiz two weeks ago....

“Technically he’s unbelievable. Some days in training you can’t tackle him,” Brown said of Saiz. “They play football how football should be played: high intensity and winning the ball back in the opposing half. It’s a treat for an attacking player to play in a team like this.”
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:52 am You tell em Eire lad.... :)
Its common sense unless you havent the money to replace him with. Not a problem for us of course as were blessed to have a billionaire owner eh Matt
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Hernandez, Roofe, Brown, Klich, Clarke, probably one or two others from the reserves can play the 10 role. Next man up.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:55 am Yer cheeky git :) :) :)

Izzy Brown on Saiz two weeks ago....

“Technically he’s unbelievable. Some days in training you can’t tackle him,” Brown said of Saiz. “They play football how football should be played: high intensity and winning the ball back in the opposing half. It’s a treat for an attacking player to play in a team like this.”
Yes on his day (most of which were in the early part of last season) he was unbelievable. I was his biggest fan.
But something is clearly not right with him this season.
Whether is be the fitness issue, a spat with Bielsa or just longing for a return to Spain, he has been well below his best and it was inevitable he would dropped which was absolutely the correct decision.
Just lately though I thought there was glimpses of his best coming back so the timing of this speculation of a move to Getafe seems strange.
One things for sure, this particular topic has generated more responses to the breakfast debate than normal and has divided opinion about whether he should be allowed to leave or not.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:20 am ahh a common sense post ....well played sir
Throw enough mud, some will stick :)
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:27 pm Hernandez, Roofe, Brown, Klich, Clarke, probably one or two others from the reserves can play the 10 role. Next man up.
Interesting that you mention Roofe in the number 10 role Faaip, I was thinking about that myself.
I wonder if Roofe could play there with Bamford up top? Food for thought.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Thinking logically if you want to move a player on then
you don't want to advertise he is having problems with being fat,
or the fact that he has been sitting on the bench for 6 weeks.

By broadcasting those things would have a tendency to put other
clubs off any proposed deal so this speculation is just counter intuitive.

Oh but we have not had a good rant since the crest debacle.
Let's give Radz a real good thrashing!!!

I just wonder if anyone has done a correlation analysis between
disgruntled fans venting on social media and a dip in form of the
Leeds team. I bet the christmas crashes have little to do with the
team or players and more to do with the pent up anger on social media.

Now there is a conspiracy for you to get your teeth into.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:28 pm Yes on his day (most of which were in the early part of last season) he was unbelievable. I was his biggest fan.
But something is clearly not right with him this season.
Whether is be the fitness issue, a spat with Bielsa or just longing for a return to Spain, he has been well below his best and it was inevitable he would dropped which was absolutely the correct decision.
Just lately though I thought there was glimpses of his best coming back so the timing of this speculation of a move to Getafe seems strange.
One things for sure, this particular topic has generated more responses to the breakfast debate than normal and has divided opinion about whether he should be allowed to leave or not.

Chilli
Hey Chilli, Brown only made those comments abot Saiz two weeks ago!

Normally, if a players head goes down, the FIRST thing that will suffer is the training.

Yes, great turn out. Its all about opinions. Nobody is wrong or right