Night out in Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Night out in Leeds

Post by joelufc20 »

Somehow I have managed to blag my wife into having her birthday weekend in Leeds. (I was never missing the Norwich game lol).

I have never been out in the city before at night so where should I take her. Where abouts are all the bars and clubs in the city.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
hector

Re: Night out in Leeds

Post by hector »

I'm not going to be any help....

I used to go out in Leeds regularly in 1979/80 and always went to the Hoffbrauhaus

don't even know if it is still there.......
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

There's tons of them mate.
Depends what you're looking for... I prefer the old type pubs (it's an age thing).
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not many on here from Leeds Joe, been into the City a few nights but can't really think of anywhere to recommended tbh. From memory the bars and clubs are spread around, nice atmosphere in the bars around Becketts university.
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:25 pm I'm not going to be any help....

I used to go out in Leeds regularly in 1979/80 and always went to the Hoffbrauhaus

don't even know if it is still there.......

Closed now mate, infact it was the last fetish bar to close. ;-)
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Depends what you're after?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Hi Joe

loads of pubs, restaurants and bars in Leeds city centre, near the station if you like Whiskey and Gin you could try the Lazy Louge 360+ gins on offer, next door is the Toast Bar and also Hong Kong restaurant Mans Market, further into town and bit more lively is the Box, Wetherspoons, Slug & Lettuce etc... but on a match day you’ve got to head to Scarborough Taps/Hotel

But to be honest you can find sone great bars by just wandering around we usually do :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Three legs is a must !
Only when you're pissed though. MOT blasting out on the karaoke.. 😉😂😂
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

On your way you could call at Whitelocks, The Ship. Pack horse etc ..... but don't miss them !!
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Haighy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:56 pm Three legs is a must !
Only when you're pissed though. MOT blasting out on the karaoke.. 😉😂😂
used to love the three legs a proper wild west saloon .
used to go in the ship Haighy good ale and cheap .
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:10 pm used to love the three legs a proper wild west saloon .
used to go in the ship Haighy good ale and cheap .
I still do.. 😉
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

When I was there before Christmas we ended up in The Alchemist, bit pricey but very tasteful with good atmosphere and good live music, food looked good in the eating part but would need to book I recon
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

There’s always the Palace Kirkgate followed by the Lamb & Flag, onto the Duck & Drake, the Regent then stagger upto the General Elliott before heading into the centre of town to the Three Legs etc... a right pub crawl
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
hector

Post by hector »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:31 pm Closed now mate, infact it was the last fetish bar to close. ;-)
You will keep :P

:)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

1977 since my last night out in Leeds, a sad last farewell with my friends before heading south as a young man. Can't remember where we ended up :beer: :beers: :beer:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Ratscoot wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:10 pm There’s always the Palace Kirkgate followed by the Lamb & Flag, onto the Duck & Drake, the Regent then stagger upto the General Elliott before heading into the centre of town to the Three Legs etc... a right pub crawl
lets be honest the three legs isn't a place to take your wife on her birthday unless she's calamity jane or a battle hardened fucker :) the canal waterfront bars and restaurants supposed to be alright. a big choice in leeds alex depending on taste.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:34 pm lets be honest the three legs isn't a place to take your wife on her birthday unless she's calamity jane or a battle hardened fucker :) the canal waterfront bars and restaurants supposed to be alright. a big choice in leeds alex depending on taste.
True but then Joes missus may well be either of those ;-) no disrespect Joe :tup:
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Ratscoot wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:11 pm True but then Joes missus may well be either of those ;-) no disrespect Joe :tup:
Yep, we need to know Joe !!
What are you looking for????
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

We are both quite young well in our minds anyway. Looking for lively bars with music etc and a good ambience. I like shitholes but she prefers something a little classy. Tbh prefer to be somewhere where there is alot if choice

REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

joelufc20 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:35 pm We are both quite young well in our minds anyway. Looking for lively bars with music etc and a good ambience. I like shitholes but she prefers something a little classy. Tbh prefer to be somewhere where there is alot if choice

Plenty of places to eat and drink in Leeds.

Merrion Street could be good, Manahatta covers the classy option and the dive bars such as Mojo lean toward the shithole side but play good music. Otherwise plenty of bars round Millenium Square, Greek Street and Call Lane.