Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Derby County

Poll ended at Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:08 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
13%
2-2
25%
3-3 or higher
No votes
Leeds by 1
13%
DC by 1
38%
Leeds by 2
No votes
DC by 2
13%
Leeds by 3 or more
No votes
DC by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 8

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread

Post by BGwhite »

Might be wrong but as the ref didn't take any action is retrospective action against BPF allowed ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

hector

Post by hector »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:00 am Might be wrong but as the ref didn't take any action is retrospective action against BPF allowed ?

and if so what about retrospective action against the Derby hackers??
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

hector wrote: and if so what about retrospective action against the Derby hackers??
Good point, all's fair in love & war

gessa

Post by gessa »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:00 am Might be wrong but as the ref didn't take any action is retrospective action against BPF allowed ?

I believe it depends on the refs report, if he says he saw it and he didn't deem it an offence then no action will be taken but if he says he didn't see it cleary then they can, the same should apply to the assault on Ayling, which could have broken his leg but don't think thst will even get a mention.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:06 am I believe it depends on the refs report, if he says he saw it and he didn't deem it an offence then no action will be taken but if he says he didn't see it cleary then they can, the same should apply to the assault on Ayling, which could have broken his leg but don't think thst will even get a mention.
Derby fans moaning like mad about the BFP incident, only one fair-minded Rams fan accused his own club of dirty tactics & thought they were lucky to finish with eleven men on the pitch.

Many thought the referee favoured Leeds.....how blinkered fans can be !
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:28 am Derby fans moaning like mad about the BFP incident, only one fair-minded Rams fan accused his own club of dirty tactics & thought they were lucky to finish with eleven men on the pitch.

Many thought the referee favoured Leeds.....how blinkered fans can be !
What a deluded bunch. :lol: Lawrence and Bryson didn't even get booked for countless late and deliberate fouls, Keogh diving all over the place whenever Roofe went up for a header. The ref truly favoured us by giving us those 2 penalties. :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:34 am What a deluded bunch. :lol: Lawrence and Bryson didn't even get booked for countless late and deliberate fouls, Keogh diving all over the place whenever Roofe went up for a header. The ref truly favoured us by giving us those 2 penalties. :lol:
I truly couldn't believe what I was reading. I may have another look later for a read of their repetitive garbage
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:36 am I truly couldn't believe what I was reading. I may have another look later for a read of their repetitive garbage
Likely the same shite they were bleating on about in August. We wouldn't let them take quick free kicks, ref favoured us, what do you expect from dirty leeds, Don revie, Brian clough blah blah blah. :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Genghers wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:07 am I dunno, if you watch it over and over you can convince yourself either way. Keepers always jump like that - it steadies you in the air and gives balance when you land - and he had his eye on the ball the whole time. I do expect a ban, though!

His foot was no higher than their player's in the two kicks before it, and had he not caught their player, he'd have been clattered in the air because there was no way the striker was stopping (despite having no chance to challenge for that ball).

Hopefully this keeper does come in this week so that we have (experienced) back-up. I do think that GK is the one position that it is difficult to drop a youth player into and expect the levels Clarke and Shack have given us.
Fair point, on first watch i thought absolutely deliberate and wrong, but ive changed my mind multiplie times since then. It was the little look he did before extending his leg that imo makes it look deliberate.

Agree on the Shacks, Clarke point, if Clarke makes a mistake like overhits a cross or pass it doesnt tend to mean a great deal, if BPF makes a mistake it often leads to a goal, difficult for him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Who gives a toss, we've showed em twice that they can't live with us. Leeds don't need to get involved with fouling etc to get the 3 points and it really winds up the opposition. Leeds just need to ignore all the dirty tactics thrown at them although I can understand that sometimes it's just too much. The only way most teams will get anything is by getting a Leeds player sent off. Keep their heads and Leeds will piss this .

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:28 am Gary Sprake always used this method when keepers got no protection whatsoever !
Young keepers were always taught to put a knee up high when they jumped as a way to protect themselves especially like you say when keepers didn't get any protection from being clattered. The only player in the incident that intended to hurt the other player was the Derby player who had no business being anywhere near BPF given that he'd completely lost control of the ball and BPF was simply taking a routine catch. It is just a complete nonevent for me and only made into something by the Derby player trying to make a meal of it, clutching his face then later seeming to hold his shoulder. There would have been fairly minimal contact anyway because BPF was falling away from the player so even if he had kicked out, which he didn't, it would have not carried much force (not like if you were stood and were able to put your weight into a kick). Certainly didn't see any marks on the Derby player and if there had have been any I am sure he would have been showing them to the ref.