Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Derby County

Poll ended at Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:08 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
13%
2-2
25%
3-3 or higher
No votes
Leeds by 1
13%
DC by 1
38%
Leeds by 2
No votes
DC by 2
13%
Leeds by 3 or more
No votes
DC by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 8

60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread

Post by 60sUnited »

Really worried about this one, the squad we are left to choose a starting eleven from is not, IMO, good enough to defeat a quality Derby side (even without Wilson ), I would be really happy if we get a draw. We so obviously need some signings as has been well documented, if we get them (Doubtful), we will be a Premiership team next season......if we dont...we won't !
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 am Image
Can't believe Alioski is onside!!! :-D
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 pm Really worried about this one, the squad we are left to choose a starting eleven from is not, IMO, good enough to defeat a quality Derby side (even without Wilson ), I would be really happy if we get a draw. We so obviously need some signings as has been well documented, if we get them (Doubtful), we will be a Premiership team next season......if we dont...we won't !
We'll know where the blame firmly lies if we fail 60'U :(
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Unbelievable that Pablo was rested again QPR and now he's injured. It seems the players pick up just as many injuries during resting periods as they do playing. I'll be amazed if Leeds get a point tomorrow but I'm more expecting at least a 2-0 defeat.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

I'd be very surprised if we get anything out of this game.
Park the bus loco
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

leedsmad wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:51 am I'd be very surprised if we get anything out of this game.
Park the bus loco
Leeds United are like Speed the film....we're not stopping for anyone and we'll blow up if we park the bus.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 am Unbelievable that Pablo was rested again QPR and now he's injured. It seems the players pick up just as many injuries during resting periods as they do playing. I'll be amazed if Leeds get a point tomorrow but I'm more expecting at least a 2-0 defeat.

Likely he had the injury prior to the QPR game and as such wasn't even risked on the bench.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:41 am We'll know where the blame firmly lies if we fail 60'U :(
Dead right 64.....I can't believe that Radz wont take the gamble of spending now to get up and increase the value of his asset by £££s ! Can't see us having a better chance for years
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

I'm worried about this one, seems to be a common theme here. Problem lies simply with not having players good enough to step in to replace injuries or suspensions. Our concerns at the start of the season are becoming a reality. We simply need back up players. Understand MB saying hes not panic buying an not bring in players who arent good enough to be in the starting eleven,,, which is good and makes sense, However Some explain Izzy Brown, Harrison, Baker to me then. Plenty of Players out there are good enough that would be interested in a move to Leeds who are pushing for promotion. Confused. Get the players in and lets give this last 4 months a real good go. We have a great chance to get out this league, lets fricking take it!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:36 pm Dead right 64.....I can't believe that Radz wont take the gamble of spending now to get up and increase the value of his asset by £££s ! Can't see us having a better chance for years
Good point as if we are promoted Leeds United becomes a more attractive club to sell to more affluent buyers. As a businessman I wouldn't be sitting on my laurels & hoping for the best in the position we are in now.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Levleeds I think we all agree on that but AR is all about balancing the books and will not take risks. While this guy holds the purse strings I can't see major investment and I mean strengthening without selling to fund any buys. It's just a conveyor belt with no significant improvement in the team. A club as big as Leeds should have the financial clout to storm this league from here on in but the risk free mindset will always hold them back.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 am Levleeds I think we all agree on that but AR is all about balancing the books and will not take risks. While this guy holds the purse strings I can't see major investment and I mean strengthening without selling to fund any buys. It's just a conveyor belt with no significant improvement in the team. A club as big as Leeds should have the financial clout to storm this league from here on in but the risk free mindset will always hold them back.

Which suggests we are not a big club anymore contrary to our fanbase & Sky TV of course
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LevLeeds »

1964white wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 am Which suggests we are not a big club anymore contrary to our fanbase & Sky TV of course
Exactly, we aren't a big club anymore, we think we are and we should be. But when you compare us against the likes of Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, even the medioca teams hovering Evertons West Hams Palace. Just miles away from that level of £££'s you even just have to look at teams around us Villa, WBA, Stoke, Derby to an extent. There wages bills are ridiculous!!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 am Which suggests we are not a big club anymore contrary to our fanbase & Sky TV of course
We are not a big club - we can't match the wages of the likes of Burnley, Brighton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc while they are in the prem and we are not. Sky pay us tuppence to televise our matches which is why they put us on all the time. We are big in name and viewing figures but not financially powerful.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Which suggests we are not a big club anymore contrary to our fanbase & Sky TV of course

Personally I think Leeds are a massive club with easily the potential to be back in the PL elite but with 2 bob millionaires running the show creaming it off the shackles will be forever on .

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

LevLeeds wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 am I'm worried about this one, seems to be a common theme here. Problem lies simply with not having players good enough to step in to replace injuries or suspensions. Our concerns at the start of the season are becoming a reality. We simply need back up players. Understand MB saying hes not panic buying an not bring in players who arent good enough to be in the starting eleven,,, which is good and makes sense, However Some explain Izzy Brown, Harrison, Baker to me then. Plenty of Players out there are good enough that would be interested in a move to Leeds who are pushing for promotion. Confused. Get the players in and lets give this last 4 months a real good go. We have a great chance to get out this league, lets fricking take it!!
Our concerns at the start of the season were that our first team was mid table, at best. We made 2 first team signings in Douglas and Bamford and as we all know Bamford has hardly featured. Now suddenly people act like our first team is amazing and that our back up players are sh*t, yet all season we have been having back up players in the team, often 3,4,5 per match and guess what we are top of the league. Our problem is not that our back up players haven't been good enough to step in - they have continually. This team is greater than the sum of its parts and that is because Bielsa has made it into a team utilising the youth players when needed, utilising 'squad players' that many fans deem not good enough.

The strength of this team is that it is a small group that knows each other's games, that knows how to play in Bielsa's system. A small group of player that seem to all be pulling in the same direction, all playing for each other, Bamford helping Roofe for example, senior players helping the young. Many seem to think the small squad is a weakness but it isn't it is our strength.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LevLeeds »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:28 am Our concerns at the start of the season were that our first team was mid table, at best. We made 2 first team signings in Douglas and Bamford and as we all know Bamford has hardly featured. Now suddenly people act like our first team is amazing and that our back up players are sh*t, yet all season we have been having back up players in the team, often 3,4,5 per match and guess what we are top of the league. Our problem is not that our back up players haven't been good enough to step in - they have continually. This team is greater than the sum of its parts and that is because Bielsa has made it into a team utilising the youth players when needed, utilising 'squad players' that many fans deem not good enough.

The strength of this team is that it is a small group that knows each other's games, that knows how to play in Bielsa's system. A small group of player that seem to all be pulling in the same direction, all playing for each other, Bamford helping Roofe for example, senior players helping the young. Many seem to think the small squad is a weakness but it isn't it is our strength.
Actually a fair point buddy that. Nicely put. Still worried that too many of our "first teamers" arent playing in this which leaves us short for tonight. :tup:
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Any streams floating around for this one?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Peacock-Farrell, Ayling, Alioski, Cooper (c), Jansson, Forshaw, Klich, Clarke, Harrison, Hernandez, Roofe

Subs: Huffer, Davis, Halme, Shackleton, Gotts, Stevens, Roberts
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"