Spying Accusation - EFL Verdict

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: Spying Accusation !!!

Post by rab_rant »

PizzaHut enter the fray and get a withering reply from LUFC :rol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Respect to Potter for that. Given he's managed abroad, he's probably been the beneficiary of it at some point I'd imagine.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:26 pm Just goes to show that it would appear a lot of teams have fairly open training pitches (if people can walk their dogs past them) and aren't concerned by who might be watching.
It just goes to show how easy it is to "spy" and get away with it as well. You can just pretend you're walking your dog and get a lot of information.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

No manager will admit it now, but i think given what players have said this stuff is fairly common.

Our biggest crime was getting caught, thats it.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:04 pm No manager will admit it now, but i think given what players have said this stuff is fairly common.

Our biggest crime was getting caught, thats it.
It's the same as doping. Everyone knows it goes on a lot more than just the ones who get caught. Plus big names get protected.

Tbf, Bielsa wouldn't have admitted it either. It was Derby who ran to the press with it.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:59 pm Respect to Potter for that. Given he's managed abroad, he's probably been the beneficiary of it at some point I'd imagine.
He will know it goes on, probably a common practise,, he will have been spied on and may have use 'spies' himself. I expect Bielsa thinks we are being spied on which is why he names the team well in advance and usually tells the media the tactics we will use.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I think we should all listen to Martin Keown on sportsmanship :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
although Ruud Van Nistlerooy may have differing opinions. Sorry for besmirching the board with Red
but it has to be said.

Don't you just love a Ad hominem attack. Trying to discredit a persons beliefs by attacking their personalities.
This is what Sky is doing to Bielsa, saying he is morally and ethically wrong and therefore there should be sanctions
against him.
For Martin Keown rabbit chopping Ruud on the neck with his forearm
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

It seems we may have more idea of the outcome shortly:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -next-week
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ratscoot wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:07 pm EFL Statement

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/973279181?-111 ... atest_news

So nothing really :x
"We cant find anyway to punish them yet, but we will drag this out for as long as possible". :evil:

We should just refuse to cooperate from now on and tell the EFL if they punish us we will see them in The Court Of Arbitration For Sport.

And then tell all the media who publish stories about "pliers and stepladders" we will see them in court if they dont provide proof.

And then tell Frank Lampard and Derby the same if they dont prove the same and that the police disrupted there training session by going on the pitch.

Seriously just come out swinging now.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:22 pm "We cant find anyway to punish them yet, but we will drag this out for as long as possible". :evil:

We should just refuse to cooperate from now on and tell the EFL if they punish us we will see them in The Court Of Arbitration For Sport.

And then tell all the media who publish stories about "pliers and stepladders" we will see them in court if they dont provide proof.

And then tell Frank Lampard and Derby the same if they dont prove the same and that the police disrupted there training session by going on the pitch.

Interesting that the EFL statements states about it being in the vicinity of the training area - as such not at the actual training area but a surrounding area. Trying to come up with a punishment for someone standing on public ground but obviously they need more time to come up with something.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:22 pm "We cant find anyway to punish them yet, but we will drag this out for as long as possible". :evil:

Totally agree
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:24 pm Interesting that the EFL statements states about it being in the vicinity of the training area - as such not at the actual training area but a surrounding area. Trying to come up with a punishment for someone standing on public ground but obviously they need more time to come up with something.
Agree weasel. Really, what can they do? But there was such an outburst of cry babies (other clubs managers) that the EFL find themselves in a bit of a predicament. They have to be seen (or heard) to be 'doing' something. And if that means pretending to be waiting for more evidence then it gets them out of the :poo: :poo: for a few weeks with all the other whingers.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Agree with this as well Cjay! :x
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

After there was no statement after their meeting yesterday I got to wondering if they contacted the 11 clubs with a progress report and maybe asking for a response from them. Maybe there may be one or two who have still unanswered questions.

It is such a pity that this is hanging over the club going into what could be a season defining month on the pitch.

IF the EFL put the boot into us I would love to see Leeds fans boycotting the away games of the 11 dissenters as a first response.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I presume that the 'further evidence' can only be in relation to the possibility of having breached the security of clubs other than Derby, so contacts with inside informers at those clubs.

It seems to me that this is a separate issue from the incident at Derby, so that case should be publicly closed.

Agree that the response from here on should be to come out windmilling.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Talksport can be dreadful.

But this, thank god someone in the media has had the balls to say it.

I try notto subscribe to the "conspiracy theories" but this is on the mark!!!

4 weeks, found nothing, release a statement the day before a huge game and say . . .NOTHING
Signed

King Cjay

becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

SaraM wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:40 pm I presume that the 'further evidence' can only be in relation to the possibility of having breached the security of clubs other than Derby, so contacts with inside informers at those clubs.

It seems to me that this is a separate issue from the incident at Derby, so that case should be publicly closed.

Agree that the response from here on should be to come out windmilling.
But nobody was aware of anything until Derby.... so surely they can't be arguing about something they had no knowledge about?? That is utterly ridiculous. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Indeed 4 weeks, an admission of guilt straightaway, an interview with Bielsa too and they come up with this sh*t.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Durham on our side wonders will never cease but good on him for a change. Think they (efl) are trying to screw us and I'm not one for the usual conspiracy stuff.