Spying Accusation - EFL Verdict

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Spying Accusation !!!

Post by SG90 »

Unfortunately the anti Leeds media agenda fuels disgusting, libellous tripe like this that people think they can get away with. Let's hope the club taken action against this vile rag.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/fo ... ssion=true
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:47 pm Unfortunately the anti Leeds media agenda fuels disgusting, libellous tripe like this that people think they can get away with. Let's hope the club taken action against this vile rag.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/fo ... ssion=true
Made me smile SG. Talk about jealousy. If only Sunderland could aspire to be half the football Club Leeds United are....Oh, he did forget to mention the fact that their manager Bob Stokio ( as my Mum used to call him...I called him many other things) 'cheated' in their precious win over us at Wembley in 1973. He went on and on about dirty Leeds, and that the referee shouldn't be afraid to take action on Leeds bullying tactics. The weak ref listened to Stokio in the build up to the final and acted accordingly.....Stokio knew very well what he was doing....he gained an advantage, I'd call it cheating but by not breaking any laws of the game. Pot and kettle?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:59 pm Made me smile SG. Talk about jealousy. If only Sunderland could aspire to be half the football Club Leeds United are....Oh, he did forget to mention the fact that their manager Bob Stokio ( as my Mum used to call him...I called him many other things) 'cheated' in their precious win over us at Wembley in 1973. He went on and on about dirty Leeds, and that the referee shouldn't be afraid to take action on Leeds bullying tactics. The weak ref listened to Stokio in the build up to the final and acted accordingly.....Stokio knew very well what he was doing....he gained an advantage, I'd call it cheating but by not breaking any laws of the game. Pot and kettle?
Defaming dead people, classy bunch. Hopefully that coward never has to come to our "shithole" again as we'll never play them again. :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... art-pearce

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we have a new entry to add to planet retard. It was actually funny laughing at these mongs on Friday and Saturday, now it's just embarrassing. Are Derby going to use this as an excuse every game they lose now? :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Why are those morons allowed to speak about it if there's an investigation underway anyway? Isn't that bringing the game into disrepute? :duno:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I wonder what these twats would be saying if Derby had won ? I very much doubt reversing the scoreline would have been suggested and the whole pathetic saga would have disappeared. These are ex 'proffessionals' wanting a red card for LUFC....SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE EH !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The key sentence for me in that article is by Rosenior who says, "If Stuart's punishment was what the EFL went with, I'd guarantee you nobody else would be caught sending scouts to training grounds."

It is not that they wouldn't do it but that they wouldn't be caught. Seems the crime is being caught not actually spying.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

David Seaman said on Talksport that Wenger used to spy on Watford's training ground. It seems there's a split between those who admit it went on and those lying and trying to pretend otherwise. It seems the racists are trying to be outraged over nothing.

You know what, I hope they do reverse the score. Derby finish 6th by one point, Forest finish 7th and we still go up anyway. That would be hilarious and beautiful karma. :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SKY have to take some of the blame for all this ridiculous nonsense from these bitter and angry ex players. Dragging them into the studio to keep this topic going as they don't really have much new sports 'news's to report....
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:25 am David Seaman said on Talksport that Wenger used to spy on Watford's training ground. It seems there's a split between those who admit it went on and those lying and trying to pretend otherwise. It seems the racists are trying to be outraged over nothing.

You know what, I hope they do reverse the score. Derby finish 6th by one point, Forest finish 7th and we still go up anyway. That would be hilarious and beautiful karma. :lol:
The split seems to be between managers/players who won trophies at the top level and those that didn't. It is clear that the top top teams seek to gain every advantage no matter how slight whereas the tinpot tossers are now shocked that it goes on. The only big name player that seems to have spoken out against it is Frank himself and he has been shown to be a complete hypocrite - I still feel he only raised the issue to try to destabilise Leeds in the run up to the match but that it backfired spectacularly as Bielsa schooled him off and on the pitch.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 am The split seems to be between managers/players who won trophies at the top level and those that didn't. It is clear that the top top teams seek to gain every advantage no matter how slight whereas the tinpot tossers are now shocked that it goes on. The only big name player that seems to have spoken out against it is Frank himself and he has been shown to be a complete hypocrite - I still feel he only raised the issue to try to destabilise Leeds in the run up to the match but that it backfired spectacularly as Bielsa schooled him off and on the pitch.
It's the teams with everything to gain screaming for points deductions, replays, reversals. Pearce, Jenas, Collymore (Forest), Collymore (Villa), Jake Humphrey (Norwich). Wilder has gone up in my estimations after what he said.

There's a definitely a lot of racism a foot, Neil Harris "our game, our country", Moose "learn to speak English" etc. Irony how they bleat on about "British morals" yet Bielsa is being punished for speaking the truth and being honest, while Fat Frank is being praised for lying.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

At the very most it will be a punishment to the manager. Maybe a 3 game touchline ban or a fine.

They can't punish the club for something the club had no part in.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:35 am SKY have to take some of the blame for all this ridiculous nonsense from these bitter and angry ex players. Dragging them into the studio to keep this topic going as they don't really have much new sports 'news's to report....
It's almost as if our owner owned a different sports tv company and took La Liga rights off them or something :duno:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I can't but feel this is going to have a reserve effect than the EFL and the deluded media are hoping for, we get stronger while Derby tumble down the table.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Yes we can confirm. We can categorically state that we did NOT disclose police-held information to Derby County, Leeds United or anyone other than those within the police force who needed to know. The matter is in the hands of both clubs and the EFL.
— Derbyshire Police (@DerbysPolice) January 16, 2019

He was found not to be committing a crime so no further action was necessary. He was simply & politely asked to move on.
He was indeed stood on public land.
— Derbyshire Police (@DerbysPolice) January 16, 2019
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

As I stated before the whole incident was played up by Frank Lampard to try to get one over on us and disrupt us. No pliers, fence cutters etc, no trespassing simply someone stood on public land. Even Scott Carson, Derby keeper, stated that the incident only led to them stopping training for a couple of minutes - presumably becasue they would have seen a police car, flashing lights etc, and been trying to see what was going on - rather than them panicking that we were watching how poor they were at passing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

You've got to admire the nerve of Henry Winter! After calling Bielsa a cheat and demanding sanctions against him for committing zero crime or breaking no laws, he now wants him to hold a coaching course so the FA and young coaches can learn from his research. :roll: Hope they ask and Bielsa tells them to fook right off.

This is the same Henry Winter who wrote a book about gloating about spying on England training sessions and releasing team sheets in the press.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Sensible summation by Graham Potter, Swansea Manager. Doubt sky will not be showing it....

Potter has had his say. "There were a couple of fellas walking their dogs here at the weekend!" he said.

"I have no problem with it. I know it’s a polarising subject and great for the media. But if someone has the resources and they want to use them to get in a car then watch us train, it’s not something I’m too bothered about.

"Whatever you see, the percentage of that increasing your chances of winning is very small. Your analysing the past which of course is important but then you still have 22 players on the pitch that have to make decisions.

"For me it’s been blown up like everything. I don’t think necessarily it’s as bad as it’s been made out, for me. When that games goes and there’s not much feeling of control, it’s nice to be able to tick all of the boxes beforehand. He’s a hugely influential coach so rather than be critical you see if you can learn anything from it."

Asked if it was unsporting, Potter replied: "It’s a bit tricky when you try to generalise. Things change, values change and behaviours change. It’s a deep subject to go into. Often it’s subjective, so when you start talking about sportsmanship of fair play, we understand there are rules to abide by, but it’s subjective.

"So I’ll never sit here and criticise a manager for how they react. If they want to go to that Nth degree for that Nth percent. But it didn’t do much good against us. They lost their centre-back which put them on the back foot. Then we put Connor Roberts on the right wing and they took a man off after 20 minutes. We talk about fair play, but there’s a lot of hypocritical behaviour there as well."
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Just goes to show that it would appear a lot of teams have fairly open training pitches (if people can walk their dogs past them) and aren't concerned by who might be watching.