Spying Accusation - EFL Verdict

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Spying Accusation !!!

Post by whiteswan »

Maybe the game will be replayed? We can't be forced into it but does anyone remember the Sheff Utd v Arsenal cup match (I think). Sheff Utd kicked the ball out for an Arsenal injury. Arsenal threw the ball back to one of their own players and scored. Warnock went ballistic and went on and on about it. Ex pros went on about it just like they're bleating on and on about us now. In the end, Arsenal agreed to replay the game....
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:39 pm Maybe the game will be replayed? We can't be forced into it but does anyone remember the Sheff Utd v Arsenal cup match (I think). Sheff Utd kicked the ball out for an Arsenal injury. Arsenal threw the ball back to one of their own players and scored. Warnock went ballistic and went on and on about it. Ex pros went on about it just like they're bleating on and on about us now. In the end, Arsenal agreed to replay the game....
I'm not sure they'll want another spanking tbh :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

billie1 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:38 pm I’ve just got a bad feeling about this tbh . What is the “clubs charter “ that the EFL are saying has been allegedly breached ?!
The same one that Millwall respect when their fans are making cut throat gestures no doubt. :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

It happened last year between MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon and it looked like AFC Wimbledon were going to get a fine until the two clubs met up.

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-8463990
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

billie1 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:38 pm I’ve just got a bad feeling about this tbh . What is the “clubs charter “ that the EFL are saying has been allegedly breached ?!
Just looked it up Billie. Something that all clubs agreed to sign in Summer 2018 apparently. Don't know what it was mind!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

So this season I've discovered:
Diving is fine
Headbutting is fine
Last man challenges aren't a red card, nor are cynical lunges with no attempt to play the ball
Swearing on TV is worse than diving or headbutting
Using a pair of binoculars on a public road is the crime of the century
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

They have asked Leeds for their observations.

I think they have to do that at the least given the media around it.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not worried.

Any decent lawyers would punch holes in a points deduction.

Since there is no defined law broken its up to interpretation, so we could argue against it that way imo.

MB admitted guilt, LUFC denied all knowledge, punishing the club would be very difficult for that reason imo.

Not worried, so so many public examples of this sort of thing, the EFL would have a legal nightmare on there hands if they tried to make a.huge deal.

Imo its more a moral issue.

Like Wolves last season, they broke no actual rules.
But was what they did fair? Probably not.

Think the EFL have to be seen to do something, but id be amazed if it was anymore then a telling of for MB.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:03 pm Not worried.

Since there is no defined law broken its up to interpretation, so we could argue against it that way imo.

MB admitted guilt, LUFC denied all knowledge, punishing the club would be very difficult for that reason imo.

Not worried, so so many public examples of this sort of thing, the EFL would have a legal nightmare on there hands if they tried to make a.huge deal.

Think the EFL have to be seen to do something, but id be amazed if it was anymore then a telling of for MB.
I do hope you’re right Cjay and that this doesn’t end up somehow derailing our season .
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Hilarious timing that they announce West Brom has been moved to Friday night on Sky straight after this. Anyone would think they needed us for viewing figures or something? :duno:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:15 pm Hilarious timing that they announce West Brom has been moved to Friday night on Sky straight after this. Anyone would think they needed us for viewing figures or something? :duno:
Sick and tired of SKY moving games SG. I like Sat afternoon kick offs! I really feel for our loyal supporters who have to re arrange their day and travel arrangements. They do seem to have relied on Leeds United a lot this season. We provide talking points, especially as you say, after the 'spy's nonsense!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

billie1 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:11 pm I do hope you’re right Cjay and that this doesn’t end up somehow derailing our season .
Only thing i could maybe see is a replay vs Derby but would Derby want another fixture to play ? Doubt it.

To punish the club surely they would have to prove the clubs guilt, the club having knowledge.

Thats not easy seeing as they would need confessions or evidence of some sort.

Id hope Radz and the 49ers would take them to court, fully support that if the EFL really want a fight.

Call on witnesses from Derby fc, Carson has already contradicted Frank.

Call on Police witnesses and reports.

Call on Lampard to explain his comments, call on Bielsa call on everybody.

Fight them if the EFL really want to make a big deal out of something that plenty of people have pointed out is fairly common.

Our biggest crime was getting caught.
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:03 pm Not worried.

I agree with most of that mate - two things worry me though, the fact there is no defined law and it’s open to interpretation means that there is no right or wrong answer these type of things are the worst. then even if we do feel we have a very defendable argument (assuming there is a punishment handed down that’s worth arguing about) and even with the best lawyers money can buy - this all happenes at a snails pace and I would think more than likely runs past the end of the season......potential for huge upset to the remainder of the season and any plan for whatever next season holds......fingers crossed it’s a bit of a fine and a slap on the wrist - anything involving points will be chaos.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

If they try a points deduction, boycott every away game for the rest of the season and every game on Sky in favour of illegal streams. Hit them where it hurts.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

When will Chelsea by charged for AVB's admittance? :roll:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

all this talk about point deductions and replays is total bolloxs. chill :)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

billie1 wrote: I do hope you’re right Cjay and that this doesn’t end up somehow derailing our season .
If anything I think this will only galvanize the squad. They have the bit between their teeth and nothing is going to stand in the way.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:52 pm all this talk about point deductions and replays is total bolloxs. chill :)
This, it maybe a 1 match suspension or a nominal fine....but it'll probably be a slap on the wrist.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:52 pm all this talk about point deductions and replays is total bolloxs. chill :)
Correct Leic
If no one at the club except Bielsa and the 'spy' knew what was going on how can they penalise the club?
There would be a huge backlash towards the EFL if they attempted a points deduction or a replay.
It won't happen.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:12 pm I agree with most of that mate - two things worry me though, the fact there is no defined law and it’s open to interpretation means that there is no right or wrong answer these type of things are the worst. then even if we do feel we have a very defendable argument (assuming there is a punishment handed down that’s worth arguing about) and even with the best lawyers money can buy - this all happenes at a snails pace and I would think more than likely runs past the end of the season......potential for huge upset to the remainder of the season and any plan for whatever next season holds......fingers crossed it’s a bit of a fine and a slap on the wrist - anything involving points will be chaos.
Just got to keep winning mate, no point worrying, if we win the league can you really see the EFL daring a points deduction? There is no way they would risk the ramifications, look at the Wolves thing.

That was as dodgy as anything, but the EFL knew they couldnt do anything, the Wolves owners would have argued till the cows came home and it could have disrupted the following season and all sorts.

Slap on the write imo, dont do it again, move on.
Signed

King Cjay