Kiko Casilla

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by Cjay »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:44 pm And BPF was criticised from the start.

I have no problem with Casillas replacing BPF in the team as BPF has a lot to learn, and I hope that Casillas can lift us to even greater heights, but if he made errors then he made errors.
Agree to disagree, he was given a lot of leeway early doors because he wasnt Felix or Lonners, mistakes he made were ignored for that reason.

Anyway he gets to learn and hopefully improve now :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Re:

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:00 pmExactly :)
:) :duno: :angel:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Save of the season

Bottom clip is better
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:05 pm Agree to disagree, he was given a lot of leeway early doors because he wasnt Felix or Lonners, mistakes he made were ignored for that reason.

Anyway he gets to learn and hopefully improve now :)
Absolutely, I think the signing of Casillas was very important for that reason.

I'm not writing him off, but want to see how he is going after a handful of games rather than just one.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:05 pm Agree to disagree, he was given a lot of leeway early doors because he wasnt Felix or Lonners, mistakes he made were ignored for that reason.

Mistakes ignored? A lot of leeway? Not Felix or Lonners....He was the only goalie we had, a 22 year old rookie! (apart from a young rookie from Chelsea) Why can't we just accept that the kid did his best in a ridiculous situation? I'll say again....he should not have been exploited like that. How anyone can criticise a 22 year old kid out of his depth (through no reason of his own), and one of our own, is beyond me......it disappoints me actually. We are top of the league for goodness sake, young Bailey did his bit towards that.....give him a break....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Sorry Cjay, but young Bailey doesn't deserve the criticism he has had to endure....( a bit like your guy ) :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:38 am Mistakes ignored? A lot of leeway? Not Felix or Lonners....He was the only goalie we had, a 22 year old rookie! (apart from a young rookie from Chelsea) Why can't we just accept that the kid did his best in a ridiculous situation? I'll say again....he should not have been exploited like that. How anyone can criticise a 22 year old kid out of his depth (through no reason of his own), and one of our own, is beyond me......it disappoints me actually. We are top of the league for goodness sake, young Bailey did his bit towards that.....give him a break....
I was referring his games last season, wasnt his fault then either but he made many errors which were ignored because fans were just grateful he wasn't Lonners or Felix.

He should never have been put in that position this season, very poor from Orta and well Bielsa i suppose tbh.

I do try not to criticise the younger players myself, Vieira i was a huge fan and wouldn't criticise Clarke now aside from a "well not the best game, move on". But both of them who are and were in Vieira's case a good few years younger then BPF are now in Clarkes case (ludicrous) and often were in RVs highly complained about.

People calling Clarke overrated, flash in the pan etc, RV not good enough, cant pass (despite him moving to a top league club and his passing stats being better then the much praised Phillips throughout his time at LUFC).

In BPFs case its frustration i suppose because as a goalie when he has made an error its cost us a goal and points, not his fault that his position is that crucial. I felt sorry for the lad, he did his best, at the moment he wasnt good enough to be a Championship goalie if you want promotion, the club knew that and signed Kiko.

Now hopefully BPF can improve and maybe come back in in a few years, not going to pretend i think he can, i dont, just my opinion.

But nothing personal, if he becomes good enough great, i loved Robbo, be nice to have an academy goalie as Number 1 again. :)

Much longer post then intentioned :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:46 am Sorry Cjay, but young Bailey doesn't deserve the criticism he has had to endure....( a bit like your guy ) :)
He should use Ali as his inspiration :)

Thats how to bounce back :love:
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It is always the case that keeper errors are highlighted more. I am sure if you disected every match, Bielsa probably already has, then every outfield players would have made more mistakes than BPF.
BPF has done some things well and looked poor at other things. All about a learning process with keepers and it must have been very hard for him learning in the spotlight at Leeds. At this stage of his career a loan would benefit him greatly as he needs to keep playing, however if he was to be loaned to a side in a lower league it may not suit him at all, like his loan at York, as it will be much more physical with more balls lumped into the box. As such he could learn and develop well or have a nightmare like his York spell. Strangely for keepers it is almost easier to play at a higher level as teams nowadays tend to try to walk it into the net rather than putting many crosses in.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BPF...MOTM the game before he was dropped.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

That save was unbelievable and was going in, his distribution is awesome and has great confidence in dealing with corners.

Will really get to see what his about vs Norwich as they have no problems scoring goals.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Points in the bag already. Repeat on Saturday please.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

All young players struggle with consistency. Clarke is a case in point, but while BPF has made errors he has also won us games. See Reading last minute earlier this season.

That said the new fella will we hope marshall the back four especially from those dreaded corners we struggle to keep out.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

It certainly doesn't look like he's shy in coming out anyway . I hope he can take any rollickings from pj that might be coming his way...and vice versa if last Saturday is anything to go by. Might be fun watching these 2 over the remaining games.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Feel bit sorry for Kiko, through no fault of his own he hasnt yet got a clean sheet.

That save yesterday on 2nd viewing was quality, well struck, low and pretty close to him, did very well to get down to it.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:49 pm Feel bit sorry for Kiko, through no fault of his own he hasnt yet got a clean sheet.

That save yesterday on 2nd viewing was quality, well struck, low and pretty close to him, did very well to get down to it.
I like him

Three 8/10 performances v Rotherham, Boro & Swansea has give us stability between the sticks. Would be harsh to be criticise him for any of the goals conceded so far
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Mr James doesn't see the funny side of it either.

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: I like him

Three 8/10 performances v Rotherham, Boro & Swansea has give us stability between the sticks. Would be harsh to be criticise him for any of the goals conceded so far
He commands his area which hopefully will rub off with BPF. Hope 'Castella' can get a clean sheet soon.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Another solid game.

He is so calm under pressure and he reads the game well, comes off his line to stop breaks, could be crucial that.

Really good save early 1st half when Magennis was totally free in our 6 yard box, excellent reaction save (Phillips fault that).

He deserves a clean sheet.
Signed

King Cjay