Kiko Casilla

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by Sara »

Excited by this, not just for the signing itself (welcome Kiko), but for the intent it shows. Radz clearly doesn't intend to let the season slip away for want of a couple of astute January signings; something we were all fearing a couple of weeks ago.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

How did he do in his first game then?

Don't think he could have done much with the goal. I missed a lot of the second half due to walking the dogs but he made one worldy. Distribution seemed good, seems to cope under pressure and nice bit of time wasting at the end.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:06 pm How did he do in his first game then?

Don't think he could have done much with the goal. I missed a lot of the second half due to walking the dogs but he made one worldy. Distribution seemed good, seems to cope under pressure and nice bit of time wasting at the end.
Did well imo, made some good punches, caught one or two when he could, played some great passes to, the long ones BPF does that go straight out.

Not overly tested for shots but certainly did well considering the defenders he had infront of him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:14 pm Did well imo, made some good punches, caught one or two when he could, played some great passes to, the long ones BPF does that go straight out.

Not overly tested for shots but certainly did well considering the defenders he had infront of him.
Short sleeves as well, always pretty cool for a keeper.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Great improvement, looks and plays like a mature, experienced keeper.......position solved with BPF as an ever learning number 2.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I liked the way he gave the defence a rollicking . ...on his debut, speaks volumes.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tbf there was 1 or 2 moments where he came and missed. But imo that was him trying to take control.

He will have known we were undersized compared to Rotherham, brave of him to try and be so commanding on his debut.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Better angle of the save, the speed to move his feet and intelligence to shuffle to get a better view and anticipate the shot was top class.

And fair play to Will Vaulks.
Signed

King Cjay

paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Fantastic save from Casilla surely top quality goalkeeping.
Can really help the back line with his confidence and authority. BRAVO .
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Re:

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:38 pm Better angle of the save, the speed to move his feet and intelligence to shuffle to get a better view and anticipate the shot was top class.

It's the movement and positioning that shows he is a quality keeper more than the save itself.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Re:

Post by White Riot »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:03 pm It's the movement and positioning that shows he is a quality keeper more than the save itself.
Very classy save :clap:
BPF has periodically been missing easier saves than this one :duno:
If they scored I doubt we'd have come away with 3 points yesterday
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:03 pm It's the movement and positioning that shows he is a quality keeper more than the save itself.
He has 9 years experience on BPF who was excellent in his stint as first team keeper at just 22, he's 5 years from peak and hopefully we can progress him but we have Kiko now for the next 3 seasons after this and he looks a fine keeper too. Ready for the prem at that position
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:08 pm Very classy save :clap:
BPF has periodically been missing easier saves than this one :duno:
If they scored I doubt we'd have come away with 3 points yesterday
And you don't think that in his entire career Casilla hasn't missed easier saves
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:36 pm Tbf there was 1 or 2 moments where he came and missed. But imo that was him trying to take control.

He will have known we were undersized compared to Rotherham, brave of him to try and be so commanding on his debut.
Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:30 pm Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder
BPF has always had a problem coming off his line, routinely rooted to it and even in times where the ball has gone through and the cbs asked him to come claim he often hasnt which has cost us throws and corners and caused Jansson especially to clearly yell at him.

Casilla wasnt perfect but for a first competitive start in what 7 8 months in a different league after only a few training sessions he was solid imo.

Will improve with a better cb pairing ahead of him I'm sure.
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:41 pm He has 9 years experience on BPF who was excellent in his stint as first team keeper at just 22, he's 5 years from peak and hopefully we can progress him but we have Kiko now for the next 3 seasons after this and he looks a fine keeper too. Ready for the prem at that position
Totally agree faaip. Our young goalie was chucked in at the deep end when he shouldn't have been. Not his fault he didn't have the experience. To all the Bailey knockers, we are (and were) top of the league with him in goal! Hopefully he will benefit from our new and very experienced goalie. Well done kid is what I say!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:41 pm He has 9 years experience on BPF who was excellent in his stint as first team keeper at just 22, he's 5 years from peak and hopefully we can progress him but we have Kiko now for the next 3 seasons after this and he looks a fine keeper too. Ready for the prem at that position

Not a slight aimed at BPF, just an observation Casilla looks quality.

I think BPF has done well overall, sure he will improve with an experience keeper to learn off.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:01 pm Totally agree faaip. Our young goalie was chucked in at the deep end when he shouldn't have been. Not his fault he didn't have the experience. To all the Bailey knockers, we are (and were) top of the league with him in goal! Hopefully he will benefit from our new and very experienced goalie. Well done kid is what I say!
Agree partially :tup:

He should never have been put in that position and did have some really good games.

But he was the best protected keeper in the league, faced the least shots per game. There was a Twitter clip of all the goals we had conceded up until not long ago and BPF was partially or solely responsible for a good few of them unfortunately.

Its good he has an experienced keeper to learn from now, he has potential but huge gaps in his skill set that age cant totally excuse, there have been plenty of goalies similar age who have done better then BPF did for us and lets not forget he was on the verge of being released not long ago and had an awful spell at York and unsuccessful trial in Swedish 2nd league i think it was.

Time will tell but I'm glad for his sake the pressure has been taken off him.
Signed

King Cjay

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:55 pm BPF has always had a problem coming off his line, routinely rooted to it and even in times where the ball has gone through and the cbs asked him to come claim he often hasnt which has cost us throws and corners and caused Jansson especially to clearly yell at him.

Casilla wasnt perfect but for a first competitive start in what 7 8 months in a different league after only a few training sessions he was solid imo.

Will improve with a better cb pairing ahead of him I'm sure.
And BPF was criticised from the start.

I have no problem with Casillas replacing BPF in the team as BPF has a lot to learn, and I hope that Casillas can lift us to even greater heights, but if he made errors then he made errors.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:14 pm

He should never have been put in that position and did have some really good games.

Exactly :)