Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

Post by YorkshireSquare »

How do we gather all this information? From analysis of their 31 games this season. I repeat I do this because I consider you don’t believe me & I want to convince you I’m telling the truth.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:47 pm I thought that.

But what he has done is deliver a tactical masterclass that will put everyother manager to shame showing spygate for what it was.

Totally insignificant.

MB had all the data he needed, probably more data then Derby have for themselves.

He has ripped the "unfair advantage" to bits.

He doesnt need an unfair advantage.
But we all know that will be ignored. Look at the headlines are only about Bielsa saying he did it to all teams. Every manager will be asked about it this weekend and it will run and run.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

These structures gives you fixed priorities and we here have the minutes and the games to understand why Derby changes the system and when.

If they change the system to keep a result or to try to score.

We also analyse if the changes are to give an offensive profile to the team or to give defensive strength. And if these changes work or not.

We also gather this kind of information. The structures Derby play against.

Why do we look at this? THe idea is to try to observe what is the most difficult structure for them to face?

I would to explain that all this information, I don’t memorise it. All the information that this report has responds to the questions I have asked myself over the last 30 years.

If you ask me the most difficult system for Derby to play against, I don’t have it in my mind. I can ask and look at the document.

I know I have the answer.

How do we gather all this information. From the analysis if the 31 game.

Give me a number please. I’m doing this because I consider you don’t believe me. I want to give you factual elements to convince you I’m telling the truth.

Give me a number of I’ll carry one.

<number 27 - vs Bristol City>

This is the tactical analysis.

This is the document. Have a look. The analysis of chances, goals, domination. We see in each segment of 5 minutes, who dominates and if they create chances.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:40 pm Anyone who thinks this isn't going to get even worse is deluded. All they needed was him to say all clubs and every club will demand an investigation now.
This should never have gone ahead in my opinion :x
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Bielsa showing a video to demonstrate what Harry Wilson is planning to do when he raises both hands before taking a corner. It's a specific play which Derby employ.
You cannot analyse football if you do not know who each player is.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

The video is 41 minutes long, made up of Derby attacks over the course of the season.
When you see 41 minutes, you see what the path that the opponent attacks and you see the defensive weakness.
His staff then condense the video to eight minutes for the players to watch.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Is it still going on????
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:49 pm But we all know that will be ignored. Look at the headlines are only about Bielsa saying he did it to all teams. Every manager will be asked about it this weekend and it will run and run.
Maybe so mate.

But arent you a bit proud? :)

Frank made a fuss, saying Bielsa was gathering an advantage.

MB is telling everyone everything about Derby.

Taking Frank to school.

If they deduct us points so what, we have the best manager in the league.

I have never wanted to watch a press conference so much.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

He continues the analysis with some video

Now lets have a look at the video of this game. We know what this player will do when he raises both hands. I know that and so do all the Championship head coaches. This same game, in order to make our players understand it, we put the name of each player - a player cannot watch more than 10 or 15 minutes. If you don’t help a player with the rivals name, you cannot analysis each player.

<shows video>

As you can see, you have 40 minutes of offensive action from Derby from 31 games. When you see 41 minutes of attack, you see what is the path for the opponent to attack. And if you do the same thing analysising what were the chances considered by Derby County, you see the defensive weaknesses that they do. Our goal is to sum up in 7 or 8 minutes to show to the player how Derby attack.

We also make a 7 or 8 minutes video showing the defensive weaknesses.

The goal of this analysis is to allow our players to have an idea of the opponent in 15 minutes.

We know Derby for 90% of the game use four systems. Here we have a table where we see each of these four systems.

We see who plays in the 4-3-3. In red we have the usual starters and the second players are the subs and the third or fourth players play less.

If you want to have synthesis of the 31 games of Derby, we have them in this document.

FOr the 5th system we use, we also have this document. This is another way to see the same inforation on this document.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:52 pm Maybe so mate.

But arent you a bit proud? :)

Frank made a fuss, saying Bielsa was gathering an advantage.

MB is telling everyone everything about Derby.

Taking Frank to school.

If they deduct us points so what, we have the best manager in the league.

I have never wanted to watch a press conference so much.
Don't get me wrong Frank is getting schooled, but the EFL/FA won't see it this way. They're the ones who matter at the end of the day.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Who knows what the repercussions will be after this, but I think Bielsa is performing a very impressive retaliation against Frank 'I never cheat' Lampard.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:55 pm Don't get me wrong Frank is getting schooled, but the EFL/FA won't see it this way. They're the ones who matter at the end of the day.
Is what it is mate but the fact that he is proving he learned nothing he didnt already know therefore earned no tactical advantage means something imo.

He basically sent his guy because he always has done, he wasnt looking for an unfair advantage just confirmation of what he already knew.

He is laying out his entire tactical plan for all to see, theres no need for anyone to spy on us, MB just told everybody
Last edited by Cjay on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

WIll the EFL now accuse Bielsa of being unfair to have revealed all of Derby weaknesses :rol: :rol: :rol:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:51 pm Is it still going on????
Oh yes, he's taking apart Derby's tactics game by game, player by player for all the world to see.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Player analysis

Now let’s look at the tactical analysis.

These are the players who play in different positions. These are the four basic systems. We look at each player and I know how many minutes each player plays in each position.

Lets look at each player.

He played 1,772 minutes as a left back and 70 minutes as a left winger.

This player played as a left offensive midfielder, as a no 8 on the left and on the right, a no 4 on the centre right, as left winger and as winger-midfielder on the right. With this info we know his main positions are the first three.

Another player. Wilson.

He plays as a right and left winger and as an offensive midfielder on the left. All the data we can have, we have on a document and we know about his past.

This document allows us to understand the question we have.

These are the goalkeepers, the right-backs, the left-backs. This is the centre-back on the right and on the left. We do this for each position.

We analyse each position.

Let’s look at the wingers.

Against Derby, Alioski played as a left-back. So who could play against him? No 20, 11, 7 and the player who played the least at the end of the day, played the game actually.

So this is a no 9, plays on the left and on the right.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:55 pm Don't get me wrong Frank is getting schooled, but the EFL/FA won't see it this way. They're the ones who matter at the end of the day.
Correct!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

All the data on Harry Wilson is laid before us. He knew everything about the player who didn’t play.

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Bielsa will never have to write another CV
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Will Derby get promoted this year?
Not now!
:-D
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

The goal is to know who the players are, the systems, which players play in which system, I don’t need to go to watch a training session of the opponent to know how they play.