Stoke City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline :Stoke City v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:18 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
No votes
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
Stoke by 1
No votes
Leeds by 1
29%
Stoke by 2
7%
Leeds by 2
50%
Stoke by 3 or more
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
14%

Total votes: 14

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Stoke City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Prediksi-Skor-Stoke-City-Vs-Leeds-United-19-January-2019.jpg
Prediksi-Skor-Stoke-City-Vs-Leeds-United-19-January-2019.jpg (91.1 KiB) Viewed 4740 times
..............ffffyyyyyyyfff..........................Stoke City v Leeds Utd
.................................Saturday 19th January @3pm
.....................................Streaming links to follow

Hi Folks

Leeds make the 100 mile trip down the M1 to the Bet365 Stadium on Saturday afternoon to face Stoke City.

Bielsa has already named the same team that trounced Derby last Friday night at Elland Road barring any last minute injuries obviously.

Bailey Peacock Farrell will remain between the sticks, at least until Bielsa has had time to evaluate Kiko Casilla.

Izzy Brown may be given a space on the bench.

Patrick Bamford is a week away from making the subs bench.

Berardi will play for the under 23's next week on the come back trial to fitness.

How will Spy gate effect the players?

Do we expect the opposition to up their game?

Does this happen anyway when clubs play Leeds?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Stoke City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:17 pm Bielsa has already named the same team that trounced Derby last Friday night at Elland Road barring any last minute injuries obviously
Love the way Marcelo names his team days prior to a game
Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:17 pm Bailey Peacock Farrell will remain between the sticks, at least until Bielsa has had time to evaluate Kiko Casilla
Kiko not had a training session with his new teammates yet
Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:17 pm Izzy Brown may be given a space on the bench
Possibly
Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:17 pm Patrick Bamford is a week away from making the subs bench.
Berardi will play for the under 23's next week on the come back trial to fitness
Great news
Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:17 pm How will Spy gate effect the players?
I believe spygate will galvanise our players
Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:17 pm Do we expect the opposition to up their game?
No
Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:17 pm Does this happen anyway when clubs play Leeds?
Generally yes, still think we'll best Stoke
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

I think Izzy is a few weeks off being on contention, Bielsa said he wanted him to have 6 u 23 games, if he’s coming back to form I reckon it’ll be less
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Fecks sake we have been spied on and now Stoke will know who is in our team and who will be taking set pieces. Can't believe the press managed to infiltrate Bielsa's press conference.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

weasel wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:15 pm Fecks sake we have been spied on and now Stoke will know who is in our team and who will be taking set pieces. Can't believe the press managed to infiltrate Bielsa's press conference.
:oops: :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:15 pm Fecks sake we have been spied on and now Stoke will know who is in our team and who will be taking set pieces. Can't believe the press managed to infiltrate Bielsa's press conference.
:rol: :rol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

:) Funny :lol:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I'm looking forward to seeing what a difference Kiko makes. As much as I applaud BPF's efforts so far this season and how bright I think his future will be, age benefits a keeper most of all. It's not just the little mistakes that experience helps eliminate, it's the organisation of the defence particularly during opposition set pieces and that's something BPF just can't bring to the table yet.

As far as Stoke goes, I'm a natural optimist but I think the team will go out and fight for Bielsa harder than ever after this week, like loyal legionaries defending their Caesar until death. Stoke will need to have surgery on their pride come Sunday.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Had a look on the Stoke forum, general consensus is a cricket score which worries me. I remember 74.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:17 pm Had a look on the Stoke forum, general consensus is a cricket score which worries me. I remember 74.
Yes 29 games unbeaten, all looking rosy after 20 minutes with 2 goals to the good then it all went pear shaped, couldn't believe my eyes :shock:
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Great to see so many players making their way back. Things can only get better with more options.

I genuinely believe Marcelos actions will spur the boys on even more this week. I have a few neutral friends who watched the Derby game and they have been saying that Leeds and Liverpool have been the best two sides to watch in England this season. Its hard to believe that outside of Harrison, it is the same team that finished 13th last season.

I've never been prouder to be a whites man.

Leeds 2-0
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

I still think Stoke are a better side than their position suggests but they do seem to be in transition to the tactics wanted by the new manager, think we’ll just about come out on top. I’m sure as others have said that the whole circus around MB will spur the lads on to even greater things and there will be a desire to stick it to all the press who have come up with all sorts of horse manure this week.

Squad starting to look strong with players due back -add Bamford, Brown, Berardi, Phillips and Dallas in to the mix and we look solid. Kiko is a great addition, BPF done well but he will add another dimension to our defence.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Stoke definitely have better players than their league position suggests and as shown when Swansea played their best game of the season against us teams can and will raise their game against us. Hopefully Bielsa will have all the players focused and we go out and play well.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I wonder :duno: After everything that's happened this week, is this the week we go out and hand out a good thrashing?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

They're on what, their fourth manager in 12 months, with the whiff of relegation still hanging about the place.

I like Jones, but he's got his work cut out to turn around a very disjointed squad, at a level he has only just begun to adapt to.

Their main problems are in defence, from what I can see, despite Butland. I think we'll batter them.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Stoke lads consider their Centre Backs cart horses. Williams and Shawcross if they play couldn't turn on a manhole cover. Roofe hopefully will run them ragged.. 🤔🤞
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:36 pm I wonder :duno: After everything that's happened this week, is this the week we go out and hand out a good thrashing?

It will probably galvanize us like the -15 season. Hope so anyway, now that would be something.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Roofe runs everyone ragged ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:44 pm Roofe runs everyone ragged ...
Even more so considering their equine cb's 👍
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

stoke are not a bad side on paper but with all things considered fully expecting to give these f**king slugs a right hammering today.