Bielsa Pre Boro Press Conference

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Bielsa Pre Boro Press Conference

Post by Cjay » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:53 pm

"Forshaw and Klich have a plroblem with the knee, Pablo with the groin.. They will not play"

God knows what our midfield will look like, still not convinced that the style and training isnt atleast partially to blame, good job we have plenty of options :roll:

Phil Hay saying Phillips will start and Shacks but Ayling will be right back.

Bielsa pointing again to the cost of defensive errors, particularly when it comes to playing out from the back. "I never tell the players they can't make a mistake. Our style includes a risk. The alternative path is to use 50-50 balls but it's better to be faithful to our style."

Bielsa: "We don't rely on the changes the opponent makes. We only rely on our efficiency and on the development of our style. When we play well we can beat any model from the opponent. When we don't, any model we play against is hard for us."

Bielsa insisting that he was to blame for the Norwich result. Says the decisions he took didn't work. But also said: "If we were as efficient as the opponent we would have won. If we hadn't contributed to the goals the opponent scored, we would have won by a large margin."

"the opponent had 6 chances to score and scored 3 goals. We had a contribution which made it easier. Apparently there is space for criticism of this but I don't think so. When the style demands you move the goal from your own keeper, the possibility to lose the ball is inherent."

"The players are faithful to this style which is why I can't say they were responsible."

Interesting this - Bielsa says there is a "mental impact" on his players when they dominate spells of games but don't score. "The mental response of our players to ups and downs, this is the responsibility of the head coach."

Bielsa said Leeds had more possession against Norwich, and more chances. In all, he felt they did a lot of what he wanted them to do. "What kind of criticism could I make of the players? I couldn't criticise anything."

Bielsa: "There's a habit with a lot of head coaches around the world, a sentence very common: 'I'm responsible for the negative cycle of the team.' If we don't explain why, we induce the listener to reach the opposite conclusion, as the head coach doesn't explain."

Bielsa: "In the second half, I made changes and the team didn't play better. The team played worse. You can see clearly that I'm responsible as the head coach. Because what happened in the first half was good." #lufc

This is a classic Bielsa monologue. Has been talking for about 10 minutes about why he takes the blame for Norwich. Wants everyone to realise he's saying so "on a factual basis." #

Bielsa: "The effort in the last few minutes of the game was moving. They kept running as if it was 0-0. They played beautiful football, they created chances."

Bielsa on whether him naming his team gives the opposition an advantage: "No. For me it is not important at all." #lufc

Bielsa on Boro: "The (game) that presented the most difficult physical challenges was the one against Middlesbrough. In the duel of styles, Middlesbrough won. They didn't play better, they didn't have the ball but they had more chances to score."#lufc

Bielsa says the injuries to Hernandez/Forshaw/Klich are not serious. All have a chance of playing. "But I never put a player who is in doubt on the pitch." #lufc

Paddy Bamford up now :)

Bamford up now: "If I'm being honest, I'm not fully fit in terms of match sharpness but it was nice being back out there. I'm only going to get the match sharpness by playing.

Bamford on going back to Boro: "I think I owe the Leeds' fans three goals! But I've got a lot of love for that club and I enjoyed my time there. I haven't got a bad word to say."

Bamford on the title/promotion race: "If you asked a number of teams in the Championship, they would say they're in with a great chance. It would be a boring game if you know who was going to go up."

Bamford: "It might be a game which comes down to a magical moment from one of the boys. If we stick to our style, hopefully it will come up trumps." #lufc

Bamford: "I didn't expect to come on against Norwich but the way the game was going, we had to try and grab something." #luf

"I saw that the fans made a bit of a fuss that no-one came in during the transfer window but we've got me, Izzy and we've had a lot of injuries. There are a lot of lads who are coming back in."

Bamford admitted he had doubts in his head about how his knee would hold up before he returned but has forgotten about is since resuming training.

Bielsa basically challenged Bamford to prove that he was ready for the first team without a 23s performance. "He said 'I want you in the first team, I don't want you playing for the 23s." #lufc

Bamford insistent that Leeds aren't "doubting themselves." Said every team will have dips but feels this period, January to March, is the most crucial. #lufc

Bamford talking about the clash with Tim Krul after the Norwich game - says it didn't set a good example to kids watching and that everyone needs to be mindful of that, including him. #lufc
Last edited by Cjay on Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Bielsa Pre Boro Press Conference

Post by 1964white » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:12 pm

Forshaw injured, our luck is turning :lol:

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:14 pm

So Pablo was probably carrying a knock v Norwich, explains his ineffectiveness

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:16 pm

Thought it was clear Pablo was injured, didnt buy the tactical reason, justr worried that imo he has been playing injured for quite a while and it will eventually catch up with him. How many games has he been a doubt then he ends up starting?

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:22 pm

Throughout the season there will always be matches where players aren't 100% but you know which knocks you can play with and still be effective, different with muscle pulls as if you can't run you can't perform. Eddie Gray once said something along the lines of him never being able to play at more than 80% of his ability as he was always injured - although back then wingers got the sh*t kicked out of them every match. Sometimes though you can go into a game thinking you will be okay but then in the match realise you can't do yourself justice - this was possibly the case with Pablo.
Senor El Weasel

Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:32 pm

So Shackleton, Roberts and Clarke likely to play then i guess
and KP of course
need to revise my result as Klich cant score from the treatment table
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:41 pm

I think every player who has done the pre game thing has started.

So Bamford, Shacks and Phillips for Hernandez, Forshaw and Klich?

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:50 pm

weasel wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:22 pm
Throughout the season there will always be matches where players aren't 100% but you know which knocks you can play with and still be effective, different with muscle pulls as if you can't run you can't perform. Eddie Gray once said something along the lines of him never being able to play at more than 80% of his ability as he was always injured - although back then wingers got the sh*t kicked out of them every match. Sometimes though you can go into a game thinking you will be okay but then in the match realise you can't do yourself justice - this was possibly the case with Pablo.
If we had alternatives we wouldn't have to take risks playing Pablo when he's not fully fit

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:58 pm

"Forshaw and Klich have a plroblem with the knee, Pablo with the groin.. They will not play"

Bielsa says the injuries to Hernandez/Forshaw/Klich are not serious. All have a chance of playing. "

Hmmmm :roll:

Someone care to explain this ?!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 pm

Gurj wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:58 pm

Bielsa says the injuries to Hernandez/Forshaw/Klich are not serious. All have a chance of playing. "

I took it that, they may be fit to play but even if they are he doesn't want to risk them.

Chilli D
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Chilli D » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:12 pm

Gurj wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:58 pm

Yeah that had me confused.
Hopefully it's done the same to Boro.

BGwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by BGwhite » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Quite clear really. With a squad this size everyone has a chance of playing .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Mick Jones shoulder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Mick Jones shoulder » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Not really announcing anything early 8 definite starters that's it according to Phil Hay. Take your choice on the other 3.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Dalton wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:32 pm
need to revise my result as Klich cant score from the treatment table
The song about him would almost have you believing he could.
Senor El Weasel

Doire_Boi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Doire_Boi » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Cjay wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:41 pm
I think every player who has done the pre game thing has started.

So Bamford, Shacks and Phillips for Hernandez, Forshaw and Klich?
Doesn;t seem so bad when you put it like that.

I think we are going to get right in boros face

Advertisment