Middlesbrough v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

SCORELINE: Boro v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:07 pm

0-0
13%
1-1
19%
2-2
6%
3-3 or higher
No votes
Boro by 1
13%
Leeds by 1
38%
Boro by 2
No votes
Leeds by 2
13%
Boro by 3 or more
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 16

Ellandback1
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Middlesbrough v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:04 pm

promo344299263.jpg
...........ddd.rrrr....h....................Middlesbrough v Leeds Utd
...ddd............Saturday 9th February 2019@1pm
..ggg...fffffffffff.Streaming links to follow

Leeds make the hour long trip up the A1M to the Riverside Stadium for a lunchtime kick off against fellow promotion hopefuls Middlesbrough.

Having suffered defeat in four out of their last six league games, you'd imagine Bielsa may shake things up, especially when Brown has been passed fully fit; but according to Phil Hay not much will change with Casilla, Ayling, Jansson, Cooper, Alioski, Roofe, Harrison and Bamford all set to start, though having Bamford in the starting line up is a welcomed change.

Let's be honest Ayling and Harrison are well off the pace, and I also feel Klich has been off poor in 2019 also.

He grabbed himself a brace against Rotherham, he when watching the game back, he did little else all game!

Phil Hay went on to say, due to injury doubts: Forshaw or Phillips, Hernandez or Clarke and Klich or Shackleton would start!

Is it helping Leeds that Bielsa gives away the Leeds line up at least 24 hours before the game?

If you could rest three players, who would they be?

Is this a must win game?

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Middlesbrough v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by faaip » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Roofe and Bamford starting is a massive change in intent...weakens the mid but adds punch up front obviously..352 maybe?
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

Ellandback1
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:17 pm

Police will get tough with any football fans who cause trouble at this weekend's Boro v Leeds fixture, the force has warned.

Last season, five Whites fans were arrested in connection with public order offences and throwing missiles after the two sides met in March.

Flares were set off, while the police helicopter hovered overhead for the duration of the match and followed crowds into Middlesbrough town centre afterwards.

Now, with the prospect of 4,450 Leeds fans descending on the town for the 1pm kick-off - the force has warned fans "intent on engaging in trouble" that they will be prosecuted and put before the courts.

'That's bull**** that like': Machete attacker's outburst over 'slicing head off' comment

Match commander, Chief Superintendent John Lyons, said: "The overwhelming majority of football fans attending this match will simply wish to watch the game, support their team and enjoy the day, but sadly a small minority of fans attend matches to engage in antisocial behaviour and disorder, which can spoil the game for genuine fans and their families.

"Any incidents such as missile throwing, pitch invasion or public order will not be tolerated. Officers will be in and around the Riverside Stadium alongside colleagues from British Transport Police, Middlesbrough FC and Mounted Section colleagues from Northumbria Police.

"There will be dogs trained to search for pyrotechnics and drugs at all entrances to the stadium and anyone found to be in possession of either will not be permitted to enter and risk facing criminal proceedings."

Teesside taxi worker who sent unlicensed driver on school run has court order overturned

There will be added spice to this year's fixture, as both teams push for promotion.

Leeds, currently joint top, were granted another 1,450 tickets by the Boro hierarchy last week which will guarantee a febrile atmosphere.

And former Boro striker Patrick Bamford will make his first return to the Riverside since his big money move in the summer.

Patrick Bamford applauds the Boro fans after the goalless draw at Leeds (Image: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images Ltd)
The West Yorkshire contingent will be the Boro's biggest away attendance of the year, comfortably beating the 2,146 Sheffield Wednesday fans that made the trip to Teesside on Boxing Day.

And there will be a number of policing tactics employed on Saturday to ensure the game goes off without trouble.

Chief Superintendent Lyons continued: "Our primary aim on the day is to ensure the safety of everyone in and around the area and to facilitate a friendly and enjoyable day for all the genuine fans and their families who are attending."

A dispersal order will be in place in the Middlesbrough town centre area, giving police additional powers to disperse any groups who may be causing a disturbance for a period of 24 hours.

Leeds United fans who are travelling to Middlesbrough prior to or after the game are encouraged to gather at Spensley’s Emporium on Albert Road.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Ellandback1 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:04 pm

Phil Hay went on to say, due to injury doubts: Forshaw or Phillips, Hernandez or Clarke and Klich or Shackleton would start
So Phillips isn't a definite starter :o

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:45 pm

faaip wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:12 pm
Roofe and Bamford starting is a massive change in intent...weakens the mid but adds punch up front obviously..352 maybe?
I'm looking forward to seeing Roofe & Bamford up top, be nice to see two strikers in the box as oppose to Roofe on his own, our wing-backs will be happy having two goal poachers in the box to aim for !

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Its the physical side that worries me.

Say Gestede starts if Hugill and Britt are out, he may not be the most technical but he is a beast, 6ft4 and powerful, he would batter Cooper physically.

Then there is Mikel, experienced player, another 6fter next to Besic another powerful international in midfield.

Shotton and Flint and Ayala and Friend and Fry and Clayton.

They may not be technical but there big big lads all bigger then anyone we have apart from Jansson.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:56 pm

Just feel it could leave us a little lightweight in midfield, be tough for Roofe not to drift out of position a lot if we're playing him as a number 10..Also what did Roberts do wrong?
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:01 pm

Cjay wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:55 pm
Its the physical side that worries me.

Say Gestede starts if Hugill and Britt are out, he may not be the most technical but he is a beast, 6ft4 and powerful, he would batter Cooper physically.

Then there is Mikel, experienced player, another 6fter next to Besic another powerful international in midfield.

Shotton and Flint and Ayala and Friend and Fry and Clayton.

They may not be technical but there big big lads all bigger then anyone we have apart from Jansson.
Believe me Cjay close up those Boro' players looked like giants compared to our midgets when they visited ER last August

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 pm

faaip wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:56 pm
Just feel it could leave us a little lightweight in midfield, be tough for Roofe not to drift out of position a lot if we're playing him as a number 10..Also what did Roberts do wrong?
True we could be lightweight in midfield, tbh Faaip I'm unsure what system Marcelo is gonna play if he is enforced to make changes.

Bamford is more of a natural goalscorer than Roberts whom you rightly say would be unlucky lose his place as he has looked lively since his comeback

Irish Ian
First Team
First Team

Post by Irish Ian » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:32 pm

I'd be happy if we keep a clean sheet.

Must win .. No.

Mustn't lose... possibly.
"We can wait for the next game with serenity"

"I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it"

Marcelo Bielsa.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 pm

Irish Ian wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:32 pm
I'd be happy if we keep a clean sheet.
What is one of them :lol:

Doire_Boi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Doire_Boi » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:10 pm

Is there any way to watch this game online?

Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:13 pm

Doire_Boi wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:10 pm
Is there any way to watch this game online?
I have heard it’s on the red button on sky??? Anyone know if that’s true?

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:29 pm

No it's definitely not on Sky red Button.

Those that are travelling up there for the match, safe journey, hope to see some MOT members up there.

6.30am start for in the morning. Come on leeds !!!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:29 pm

1964white wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 pm
What is one of them :lol:
Apparently we have conceded the 2nd most goals in the league this year behind Bolton

our Keeper's most likely injury is bad back from picking the ball out of the net
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Gurj wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:29 pm
No it's definitely not on Sky red Button.

Those that are travelling up there for the match, safe journey, hope to see some MOT members up there.

6.30am start for in the morning. Come on leeds !!!

I'll listen out for the Alioski rant :lol:

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:49 pm

1964white wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:46 pm
I'll listen out for the Alioski rant :lol:
Hahahaha, No, lets hope I am shouting for joy not cheesed off again lol
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

SaraM
First Team
First Team

Post by SaraM » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:39 am

Same ref as the Forest game apparently. Fills you with confidence.

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:53 am

Izzy Brown with the squad, as per a Patrick Bamford instagram and a Radrizzani tweet.

https://twitter.com/andrearadri/status/ ... 55360?s=09

Bielsa is clearly wavering from his 7-8 game rule if that's the case. Wonder whether that means that Pablo is likely to be missing?

Anyway, if we play well we beat Boro. Everyone was scared of their height/physicality last time and we got a draw with Berardi at CB.

Bamford gives us a good option up front, though I'm with faaip in worrying that 10 doesn't get the best of Roofe. They'll rotate, I presume though.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:02 pm

GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

Advertisment