The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fii 8th Feb)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fii 8th Feb)

Post by Ellandback1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:19 am

Good Morning Everyone

The EFL board meeting will reconvene today to discuss possible sanctions against Leeds Utd over Spygate

All we know is that they have already implied that Leeds are in breach of its club charter and regulation 3.4, which requires clubs to act in “good faith” towards each other.

So - what's the punishment going to be?

Whatever it is, we should learn our fate this afternoon!

Bamford starts tomorrow according to Phil Hay, yet during the Presser yesterday Bamford declared that he is not yet fully fit!

Speaking at the presser, the ex Boro striker said 'If I’m being honest I’m probably not fully fit in terms of match sharpness.

I only had two proper training sessions before the last game, but it was nice to be back out there and it’s one of them where I’m only going to get the match sharpness by playing in the matches.

It’s probably going to take a few to get up to full speed, but I’m looking forward to it.

Bamford may be forced to fill the number 10 role, as there seems to be another injury crisis on its way!

Both Klich and Forshaw have knee injuries and are major doubts for Saturday.

To make matters worse Hernandez have a groin problem!

Izzy Brown has been pictured training with the first team!

Is this unusual - yes!!! Up to now, he has been training with the U23's!

Will he get his league debut on Saturday?

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fii 8th Feb)

Post by weasel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:33 am

The EFL board meeting will reconvene today to discuss possible sanctions against Leeds Utd over Spygate

All we know is that they have already implied that Leeds are in breach of its club charter and regulation 3.4, which requires clubs to act in “good faith” towards each other.

So - what's the punishment going to be?

Should be nothing other than a polite request not to do it in the future. However....

Bamford starts tomorrow according to Phil Hay, yet during the Presser yesterday Bamford declared that he is not yet fully fit!

Speaking at the presser, the ex Boro striker said 'If I’m being honest I’m probably not fully fit in terms of match sharpness.

Bamford may be forced to fill the number 10 role, as there seems to be another injury crisis on its way!

Difference between fitness and match sharpness and Bamford explains it well. You can do all the fitness work but intil you play matches you aren't making decisions, you aren't running when you've just been kicked etc.

Both Klich and Forshaw have knee injuries and are major doubts for Saturday.

To make matters worse Hernandez have a groin problem!

Sounds like run of the mill niggles that you will get over a long season. Hopefully they will all miss 1 match at the most.

Izzy Brown has been pictured training with the first team!

Is this unusual - yes!!! Up to now, he has been training with the U23's!

Will he get his league debut on Saturday?

Would expect him to be on the bench and maybe 20 or 30 minutes at the end of the match. I would expect him to still play at least 2 or 3 more full U23 matches before Bielsa would look to start him.
Senor El Weasel

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:52 am

I hear that the EFL are going to come down really hard and make Bielsa listen to the complete collected works of Stan Collymore's on-air comments. Amnesty International have said they will step in on Bielsa's behalf if that happens.
We're going up like there is no gravity!

lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:09 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

Chilli D
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Chilli D » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:17 am

Morning All

I pretty much agree with Wesel's comments.

Just to add that we just cannot catch a break with the injuries.
Bamford and Brown are back although neither is fully fit by their own admissions and yet we look likely to lose another three.
Losing Forshaw is not so much of an issue as we have Phillips available but to not have either Hernadez or Klich for the same game is a worry.
Also the fact that MB has stated that Harrison definitely starts but that Clarke only starts if Hernandez isn't fit is depressing.
Pleased to hear that Boro had to travel back from Newport by coach and didn't arrive back until 7am.
Every little helps....

Chilli

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:27 am

What weasel said

Ha ha Harry

Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 am

I cant help but feel they will leave it until COB today and it will do as much damage to the preparations for tomorrows match
hopefully the team will come together and have the EFL can go fk themselves attitude and stick one to Boro anyway
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains

Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:16 am

HarryofOz wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:52 am
. Amnesty International have said they will step in on Bielsa's behalf if that happens.
The way we are going MB will put Shami Chakribarti on the bench
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains

SaraM
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by SaraM » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:58 am

Good morning! We just need to get it over and done with and move on. Assuming it's not a points deduction, then hopefully we won't let it get to us.

Bamford was sharp enough to nearly score twice when he came on, so that'll do for me. The clinical edge we have been missing, and he can also pull one out of nowhere, which could be vital against Boro's defence.

Advertisment