Reading v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Reading v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:05 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
No votes
2-2
No votes
3-3
No votes
4-4
No votes
1-0
20%
2-0
No votes
2-1
No votes
3-1
No votes
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
40%
1-2
40%
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 5

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Reading v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ.jpg
...................................................Reading v Leeds Utd
...................Tuesday 12th March at 8pm
......................Streaming links to follow

Leeds make the 200 mile trip down the M1 to face Reading at the Majeski Stadium on Tuesday evening, 72 hours after the grueling win at Ashton Gate!

Similarly, promotion rivals Norwich have an extra 48 hours to recuperate having beaten Swansea City on Friday night, and not due to play (Carrow Rd v Hull) until Wednesday evening!

Hardly seems fair!

With Roofe still sidelined for the foreseeable future, Bielsa will be sweating over the fitness of Patrick Bamford!

Saturday's goal hero collided with the goal post as he guided the ball into the net, picking up an impact injury.

Bielsa persevered with Bamford until the hour mark, when he was substituted for Dallas.

In the post most presser Bielsa admitted he kept Bamford on the pitch though it was evident the striker was nowhere near 100 percent as he did not have a suitable replacement.

Bamford will undergo scans on Monday, but hopes to be fit to face Reading.

If he is unable to participate, surely Brown will start?

On a positive note from Saturday, Berardi, Douglas and Dallas got more game time.

Reading will be full of confidence having recorded back to back victories against Ipswich and Wigan, climbing to 19th place in the table!
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Reading v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Despite their lowly position I expect it to be a tight game but fancy us to sneak another 1-0.
Hoping and praying Bamford is fit enough to start but if not I expect MB to move Roberts up top with Dallas given a start.
Will those likely to be on the bench be given a run in the U23's on Monday I wonder?
Norwich will have too much for Hull I reckon so we must win to keep pace.
Then it's the big one....
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Zero wins in nine visits. That's one statistic I would like us to put to bed.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Should have stayed in Bristol ..70 miles to Reading
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

All depends on Bamford, really. I'm going to remain the eternal optimist and assume he'll be there to ensure a 2 nil win.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:48 pm Should have stayed in Bristol ..70 miles to Reading
Had Jill & I not been going to Manchester this Thursday/Friday I'd have considered staying a few days down there
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:32 pm Zero wins in nine visits. That's one statistic I would like us to put to bed.
Indeed not a lucky ground for us !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The cut off point for 10 yellow cards is tomorrow night, we don’t have anyone on 9 yellow cards.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

With all the attention seemingly on the SU game I have failed to notice until now that a win tomorrow takes us TOTL . It may only be for 24 hours but it still puts the pressure back on Norwich as well as SU. C'MON LEEDS YOU CAN DO IT !
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:48 pm With all the attention seemingly on the SU game I have failed to notice until now that a win tomorrow takes us TOTL . It may only be for 24 hours but it still puts the pressure back on Norwich as well as SU. C'MON LEEDS YOU CAN DO IT !
And their next game is Hull, correct? With their away form it's not outside the realms of possibility for them to hold the Budgies to a draw. Same story with the Blunts and the Bees, with the latter's confidence-boosting win over Boro - their first league win against them since 1938, I believe.

The Madejski hasn't exactly been our favourite haunt but this has been a season of firsts and hoodoo-breaking for many teams, in many ways.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:42 am The cut off point for 10 yellow cards is tomorrow night, we don’t have anyone on 9 yellow cards.
Oliver Norwood is on 9. Would be great if he picked up his 10th tomorrow night.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

mothbanquet wrote: And their next game is Hull, correct? With their away form it's not outside the realms of possibility for them to hold the Budgies to a draw. Same story with the Blunts and the Bees, with the latter's confidence-boosting win over Boro - their first league win against them since 1938, I believe.

The Madejski hasn't exactly been our favourite haunt but this has been a season of firsts and hoodoo-breaking for many teams, in many ways.
Very true Moth, this week could be a season defining one although I can't help feeling that the defeat at QPR may also turn out to be a pivotal game. 3 pts there and we'd have been sitting pretty at the top 5 pts clear of 3rd. Only time will tell.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Just looked at the weather forecast for the game tonight.

Very wet and very windy.

Might have been a good game to use some of the taller lads like Halme and Brown but I suppose we will have to see what adjustments need to be made if any due to the conditions.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

This game is being shown on Sky channel 407 from around 7.55 pm
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:08 pm This game is being shown on Sky channel 407 from around 7.55 pm
Lets hope some generous soul sends us a viewable link :)
'
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:17 pm Lets hope some generous soul sends us a viewable link :)
Hope so for you Ian....if not, MOT is the place to be :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Not far from the ground now :-D
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Weird, feeling so queasy with anticipation and nervousness over such a routine fixture so late in the season. It's been so long.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Quite astonishing we haven't done a season double over Reading since 1927-28. Another ghost we need to lay to rest.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I wonder if the SU result will get through to the players tonight as they kick off 15 mins earlier than Leeds and if it will affect how they approach the last few minutes . I'm guessing they'll continue to play there own game as always but if for instance they hear that SU have lost (hopefully) who knows what effect it might have.