The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 19th Mar)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 19th Mar)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Millwall Manager Neil Harris has been talking to the press about the forthcoming Leeds game following being knocked out of the Cup by Brighton!

“The biggest game of the season by far, miles bigger than today, is Leeds away in two weeks’ time.

“We’ll enjoy the break, enjoy the rest. We’ve got five games here at The Den in the last eight – they are the games I expect us to win.”

We always knew we were Millwall's Cup final!

Leeds United have chosen not to appeal the red card given to goalkeeper Kiko Casilla in Saturdays defeat against the Blades.

The Spanish stopper was given his marching orders in stoppage time after bringing down Billy Sharp outside the box.

Leeds just about had defenders behind the ball which gave the Leeds Management team review their options, but have decided to accept the one match ban meaning Casilla will miss the Millwall game!

Not only has Sami Saiz not featured for Getafe in a month, but the Spaniard has slipped out out Getafe's squad altogether!

So much for us getting 6m. We'd be lucky to give him away!

Tuesday's dilemma

Marcelo Bielsa approaches you and asks you to play for Leeds Utd, and even offers you a £30k a week contract, and you're guaranteed to start every game!

The problem is you are only as good as what you actually are!

Your fellow players refuse to pass to you as they think you're a liability and the crowd boo every touch you make!

Would you:-

A) Accept the contact, and just do the best you can

B) Refuse the contract, you love your club too much

C) I'm a great player - bring it on!

D) Accept a free transfer with a £200,000 signing on fee to Rotherham Utd
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 19th Mar)

Post by HarryofOz »

I'd use my Delorian to travel back in time, and make a fortune gambling on FA cup final results.

Then I'd come back to the present and use my immense financial resources to retire and buy every ticket to all the matches at ER.

I'd arrange for a huge sign saying 'get fooked boo-boys' to be displayed in the Kop End.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Evening Harry,

Interesting....
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Millwall Manager Neil Harris has been talking to the press about the forthcoming Leeds game following being knocked out of the Cup by Brighton!

“The biggest game of the season by far, miles bigger than today, is Leeds away in two weeks’ time.

“We’ll enjoy the break, enjoy the rest. We’ve got five games here at The Den in the last eight – they are the games I expect us to win.”

He has to try to motivate his players as it is easy to suffer a hangover from going so close and league results suffer.

Leeds United have chosen not to appeal the red card given to goalkeeper Kiko Casilla in Saturdays defeat against the Blades.

The Spanish stopper was given his marching orders in stoppage time after bringing down Billy Sharp outside the box.

Leeds just about had defenders behind the ball which gave the Leeds Management team review their options, but have decided to accept the one match ban meaning Casilla will miss the Millwall game!

The trouble is that if you appeal they can increase the ban so it isn't worth the risk as they wouldn't over turn it. It could definitely be argued that Sharp was heading away from goal as he had pushed the ball to the left of Casillas rather than to the right (where he would have then been far more central), he would then have had to get to the ball which would have given the defenders a bit more time to get back to cover, Sharp would have then been approaching the ball and have to either shoot with his weaker left foot at a tricky angle or control the ball and bring it back onto his right. I do feel that if he hadn't have been brought down he wouldn't have scored as it was a heavy touch on the ball. I do also feel however that the ban wouldn't have been overturned.

Not only has Sami Saiz not featured for Getafe in a month, but the Spaniard has slipped out out Getafe's squad altogether!

Shame really as this move hasn't benefitted anyone.

Tuesday's dilemma

Marcelo Bielsa approaches you and asks you to play for Leeds Utd, and even offers you a £30k a week contract, and you're guaranteed to start every game!

Your fellow players refuse to pass to you as they think you're a liability and the crowd boo every touch you make!

Take the money, play every week and bare my arse in the direction of 64 at every match as I know he would be booing me.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:11 am Good Morning Everyone

Meh! Attention seeker. We know just to pepper his keeper now.

Agreed. No point dragging it out. Miss a game. Move on.

Lets hope we don't face him in the Premier league and he rips us apart.

Tuesday's dilemma

Tricky one this.

(A) I would Sign on the dotted line. :$$: Try and avoid getting injured in the pre game warm up. :roflmao:
Feign injury after 30 seconds. ( which might be Izzys only chance of seeing any action :lol: )
Get to throw my shirt into the crowd. Then when MB is up pacing the technical area go and sit on his bucket just to see what he does.
Rinse and repeat until we got to the play-off Final at Wembley.

Then I would suffer a mystery illness ala Ronaldo WC Final in 2000 and watch the game with my mates from the executive box I have booked before rejoining the team on the pitch to collect the Trophy after we beat Derby 6-5 on penalties.

Sorted.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Hi all.

Millwall Manager Neil Harris has been talking

That's all he does.

I don't think he'd have gotten much sympathy anyway. Better to miss one game, for which we've got a talented young keeper with plenty of relevant experience, than drag the whole thing out longer than it needs to.

A tragedy really, considering his potential, but no use lamenting it. He's the past and we need to focus on the future.

Tuesday's dilemma

C) Knowing Bielsa, he'd turn me from a random pleb into Batistuta in half a season. I'd trust his judgement in bringing me in and graft until the moment I smash a hat trick against Derby and Bielsa will murmur in wonderment, "Él es el indicado..."
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I’d take the money (Fat Brolin did) I’d fall over after 5 mins claim I’d broken something so have to be taken off then do a Sturridge and claim for the rest of the season I can’t train or play due to unexplained injuries
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Motivation words from Harris

Correct decision from the Leeds board, accept the decision & take the one match ban

Saiz's attitude stinks

(A)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd have Saiz back.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm an honorable person would have to be B.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"