Leeds Utd v Millwall Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Millwall

Poll ended at Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:15 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
No votes
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
No votes
2-0
58%
2-1
17%
3-1
25%
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
No votes
1-2
No votes
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 12

Ellandback1
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Leeds Utd v Millwall Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:15 pm

Untidtled-3.jpg
...................ffffffffffffffffffffff...................Leeds Utd v Millwall
..........................Saturday 30th March @3pm
..............................Streaming links to follow

The boys from Bermondsey are the latest visitors to Elland Road on Saturday, and nothing would make them happier than bringing three point back to South London!

Bailey Peacock Farrell returns to the starting line up as first choice keeper Casilla serves a one match ban after being sent off against the Blades.

Having impressed during the two Northern Ireland qualifiers, the 22 year old will be full of confidence. Who knows, a clean sheet may give Bielsa something to think about?

Pontus Jansson has responded well to treatment following the knee injury he picked up against the Blades a fortnight ago, and looks set to retain his place alongside Captain Cooper!

Berardi stands by!

Fit again Barry Douglas will again have to make do with a place on the bench as duracell bunny Alioski is again preferred to the Scot! So much for last season's best left back in the Championship, he must be the disappointment of the season - only because I think we were all expecting a lot more!

Izzy Brown will return to the squad following being rested against Sheffield Utd having played 120 minutes for the u23's two days prior!

Millwall will be boosted by the news that shot stopper Jordan Archer is set to return between the sticks.

The goalkeeper was unwell before the international break, and was not involved in the 2-0 win at St Andrews or the Lions heroic galiant against Brighton in the Cup!

Doire_Boi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Millwall Match Thread

Post by Doire_Boi » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Nothing but a win needed here. Sheffield United won't slip up.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Hope Jansson is fit to play & our star defensive midfielder remains in the position he's made his own this season

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:06 pm

Police will return to Elland Road for the visit of Millwall

Improvements in fan behaviour have meant that several of Leeds United's home fixtures this season have gone ahead without a police presence and have been stewarded by the club. However, some matches have been designated as posing a higher risk of violence and will continue to be policed.

West Yorkshire Police have released a statement thanking supporters for their conduct despite the highest attendance enjoyed by the club in over a decade. Superintendent Chris Bowen, who heads operational policing for Leeds District, said: “We recognise that times have changed significantly for the better in terms of the behaviour of fans. We have had a number of police-free matches at Elland Road and introduced the ‘Police Liaison Approach’ this season, which in turn frees up officers to be deployed across Leeds protecting our communities. “We have been able to move away from the restrictions we previously had to put in place around some games, such as early kick-offs and ticket exchange systems, which prove unpopular with fans.

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:16 pm

No room for errors now. Just got to keep hoping SU & NC slip up but we have to keep winning it's as simple as that.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Ellandback1
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:20 pm

Starting to look like either Leeds or Sheffield Utd for 2nd spot. Norwich are too far in the lead...

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:33 pm

No brown in the u23s, possible that he plays tomorrow? In for Klich who was away with Poland?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:57 pm

Can Brown anchor the midfield?
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious...

....but I am...

....so that's how it comes out

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Ellandback1 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:20 pm
Starting to look like either Leeds or Sheffield Utd for 2nd spot. Norwich are too far in the lead...
Norwich only need to win their last four matches & they are up, can't see the canaries slipping up now.

Between the Blunts & Leeds for that 2nd spot

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:26 pm

faaip wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:57 pm
Can Brown anchor the midfield?
Could be wrong, but I’m sure Bielsa mentioned it would be Klich’s role he saw for Brown in the first team if he was to make it

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:33 pm

ok...Brown feels a bit attacking for me but if that's he's going to play..Could be a lot of space in our centre midfield if that's the case.

....but I am...

Chilli D
First Team
First Team

Post by Chilli D » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:35 pm

dezzy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:33 pm
No brown in the u23s, possible that he plays tomorrow? In for Klich who was away with Poland?
I saw Brown play for the U23's on Monday and he did okay but nothing outstanding.
I'm not sure if it was just the way he runs but he didn't look comfortable.
I doubt we will see much of him in the remaining games unless we get injuries which is a real shame but after such a long time out it's not completely surprising.
Jamie Shackleton on the other hand looked good.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:12 pm

Chilli D wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:35 pm
I saw Brown play for the U23's on Monday and he did okay but nothing outstanding.
I doubt we will see much of him in the remaining games unless we get injuries which is a real shame but after such a long time out it's not completely surprising.
Brown looks a bit sluggish to me

Irish Ian
Manager
Manager

Post by Irish Ian » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:40 pm

Wont he able to see the game tomorrow due to other commitments, but it will be fun reading through the thread later in the day.

I see both Pontus and Forshaw return from injury... Nice to see so many options open to MB.

Whatever the case, we need nothing short of 3 points. A clean sheet would be nice too.

2-0 to Leeds.

Cooper, Kilch.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:32 pm

WBA beat Brum

....but I am...

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:42 pm

Chilli D wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:35 pm
Such a talent when fit, but hasn’t shown Bielsa he’s good enough yet, possibly minding himself and hasn’t got his confidence back, I’m hopeful he plays tomorrow, you wound wonder what his hopes at the club are if he’s not involved in someway after not playing tonight, here’s hoping he’s ready

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:11 pm

Every game now as it comes up will be the most important game of the season. Starting today. Agree with CJay if we hope to get auto we have to win these games but Millwall will come at it like it's their game of the season. Fingers crossed Bristol C come to play v Sheff and Middlesborough stop the rot

....but I am...

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Unfortunately I'm due to go out. I'll take a tablet with me in hopes of finding a connection and link but may not be able to post much. Fingers crossed the plans fall through

....but I am...

mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:36 pm

faaip wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:11 pm
Every game now as it comes up will be the most important game of the season. Starting today. Agree with CJay if we hope to get auto we have to win these games but Millwall will come at it like it's their game of the season. Fingers crossed Bristol C come to play v Sheff and Middlesborough stop the rot
All to play for now but historically (this season, of course), international breaks have heralded a winning run for us so maybe this will prove the trend that gives us glory.

Velotrax
First Team
First Team

Post by Velotrax » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:44 pm

massive game today, hope we get a decent ref, lets face it, it we had a decent ref in every game we would be playing against 10 in most games ans been given six or seven more penalties

Advertisment