Leeds Utd v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Sheffield Wednesday

Poll ended at Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
8%
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
No votes
2-0
42%
2-1
33%
3-1
17%
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
No votes
1-2
No votes
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 12

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

Superb to be in this position now.

It would be even more fun if Wigan managed to produce something tomorrow. Just to give the Canaries the jitters.

That was a great team performance today.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:30 pm oohh if Norwich lose tomorrow .....
Yeah, Norwich are due to lose a few, so we may even sneak top before the end.

If we put a lot of goals on Wigan it will apply extra pressure to SU and Norwich.

I really felt SU were crap today and have buckled already.

SW were not bad at all, but we are a far superior team, should have buried them.

I really feel that this wek ahs swung it for us, after the dejection of last Saturday Bielsa and all the lads ahve shown we want it the most.

I'm convinced that we're definitely going up now :tup:

Very convicing performance and well deserved win :)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

10 points from 4 games to secure automatic promotion
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

:lol:

I was texting a mate during the game who was also watching it on TV.

He is only now realising that the Blunts drew today as he stopped following the game when Millwall missed a penalty :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
leedsalex
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsalex »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:25 pm Hurry up, clock!
:)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Casilla - 8 - commands the box well and one great save early

Ayling - 8 - Gets better every week
Alioski - 7 - Again not one of his best but keeps on running
Jansson - 9 -Just immense today, so much better when he just plays football
Beradi - 8 - Key block late, tackled with attitude and just looks at home in the middle of our defence
Phillips - 8 - Deeper today due to the Coop injury but much better overall

Klich - 8 - Thought he slowed dramatically and was taken off again, not sure if this is a persistent injury or something else. Still pulled strings all over the park though
Hernandez - 9 - The conductor of this orchestra we call LUFC. Yet another assist, which nobody kept him out of the team of the season again?
Harrison - 9 - Thought he was having a great game even before the goal, well deserved it was too.
Roberts - 8 - Gets better by the game, strong great balance, the rest will come as he learns this position

Bamford - 7 - Bit mean to throw a 6 in here so 7 and he worked hard while still getting in scoring positions. Bad miss again

Roofe - 7 - Rusty, great predatory instincts to get the ball in the net, scuffed another couple of chances but tried too hard with those
Forshaw 8 - Our only true box to box mid for me, shame he got caught offside in their box but great defensive work in ours
Dallas - 7 - Did ok but not a lot of time to showcase anything
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:32 pm Over the next three blocks of matches, we kick off after Sheffield Utd each time. Advantage us, as we know exactly what is needed.
To be fair, so do the Blunts now. Whether they can hack it now the pressure's real is another question.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

....and breathe ! Dug that one out but thoroughly deserved the 3 pts. SU deserved to lose today but hung on for a pt. That tells me SU are bottling it. Leeds are clear favourites now and only themselves to blame if they balls this up .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Win all of then peace of pizzz 🤔🤔🤔
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:59 pm Who wanted Harrison off? ..He's having one of his best games in a Leeds shirt ..Pablo low cross steered home by Jack

1-0 Leeds and I'm really happy for Jack
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:29 pm Image
Just need Norwich to piss in their cornflakes now and we could go up as champions
We can dream can't we?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bloody hell, breathe out. Never been so nervous before a game in my life! I just felt it would be same old story, we dominate and they end up sneaking an undeserved win. Kicking off later means we're under the pressure more and that explains the flatness in the crowd. 3 lead is big as Blunts know they have to win on Friday before us, so they're suddenly under big pressure, perhaps deserved as it's incredibly unfair we have 4 kick offs in a row after them. Norwich might start getting jittery too, especially if they lose tomorrow. I felt today we were poor, especially in some of our thinking on the pitch. Doing silly flicks or shooting well from distance and being greedy, instead of just keeping the ball. But we still we dominate and deserved the win. Thought Bielsa made the right subs today, bringing on Forshaw and Dallas to see it out. Well done to Harrison, I know I criticised him on Tuesday and I'll hold my hand up and say I'm glad he proved me wrong today. Jansson motm for me. 1 down, 4 more wins now please.
Last edited by SG90 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Praying for a Wigan win tomorrow but have 4 injuries and 6 sent off !!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:32 pm Over the next three blocks of matches, we kick off after Sheffield Utd each time. Advantage us, as we know exactly what is needed.
Other way around actually, it gave the blunts an unfair advantage. But now the pressure is on them as they know they have to win against Forest or they could drop even further behind.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

So bloody happy after that, solid controled performance. One step forward, onto the next one. Let’s do this!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

'e's done 'is back in... but fanks anyways WALL
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Today was the calmest I've seen our players for a massive game in a long time. Under the Monk season, we'd have frozen and probably lost this game. Bielsa's calm influence coming through there.

I hope MB has learned his lesson from the Christmas period and makes a couple of changes over Easter period, as we will need a bit of fresh legs.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:01 pm Today was the calmest I've seen our players for a massive game in a long time. Under the Monk season, we'd have frozen and probably lost this game. Bielsa's calm influence coming through there.

I hope MB has learned his lesson from the Christmas period and makes a couple of changes over Easter period, as we will need a bit of fresh legs.
Amazing how we performed so well under that type of pressure
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:44 pm Casilla - 8 - commands the box well and one great save early

Ayling - 8 - Gets better every week
Alioski - 7 - Again not one of his best but keeps on running
Jansson - 9 -Just immense today, so much better when he just plays football
Beradi - 8 - Key block late, tackled with attitude and just looks at home in the middle of our defence
Phillips - 8 - Deeper today due to the Coop injury but much better overall

Klich - 8 - Thought he slowed dramatically and was taken off again, not sure if this is a persistent injury or something else. Still pulled strings all over the park though
Hernandez - 9 - The conductor of this orchestra we call LUFC. Yet another assist, which nobody kept him out of the team of the season again?
Harrison - 9 - Thought he was having a great game even before the goal, well deserved it was too.
Roberts - 8 - Gets better by the game, strong great balance, the rest will come as he learns this position

Bamford - 7 - Bit mean to throw a 6 in here so 7 and he worked hard while still getting in scoring positions. Bad miss again

Roofe - 7 - Rusty, great predatory instincts to get the ball in the net, scuffed another couple of chances but tried too hard with those
Forshaw 8 - Our only true box to box mid for me, shame he got caught offside in their box but great defensive work in ours
Dallas - 7 - Did ok but not a lot of time to showcase anything
Think Paddy and Ali deserve an 8 tbh.

Be surprised if any Leeds player made more tackles then Ali and i thought Bamford battled well leading the line and probably created more shooting chances then anyone else.

Great all round performance and credit Harrison because i was convinced it was Klich the finish was so well taken on the right foot.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Billy Blunt may well have pulled hamstring today which will finish his season. Let's hope so, every bit helps.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk