Leeds Utd v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Sheffield Wednesday

Poll ended at Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
8%
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
No votes
2-0
42%
2-1
33%
3-1
17%
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
No votes
1-2
No votes
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 12

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:24 am That Villa game could well be THE game to get us up and it's one I'm dreading now as they are on such a phenomenal run atm. SU will be pinning their hopes on a Villa win meaning if SU win their last 4 they go up if we don't reverse the goal difference situation. Christ I hope it doesn't all come down to GD. We need to bury all our chances in the next couple of games to overturn this. What happens if we're all square on pts and gd at the end. We shared both games between us with same scoreline as well ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
I'm sure the blunts were expecting to beat Millwall comfortably and that we'd either draw or lose to the wendies, but it doesn't work like that and it's all about attitudes. I remember Villa were on a winning run before we played them in December. It will run out soon, by all accounts they were very lucky yesterday and v Rotherham.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

gessa wrote: I'm sure I read it will be a 1 off game before the play offs begin.

Personally I think it should be done alphabetically :)
I really do hope it doesn't come to that, my nerves are shot and my ticker is close to imploding !

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

HarryofOz wrote: I assume you mean having scored the same number of goals as well as having the same goal difference.

I wonder what the tie-breaker is. Is it disciplinary record (fair play kind of thing)?

As you say that Villa game could be crucial, assuming we both maintain our current run of form of course.
Oh yes, I forgot about goals scored. We really need to put loads away now .

gessa

Post by gessa »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:32 am I really do hope it doesn't come to that, my nerves are shot and my ticker is close to imploding !

I'm sure he said it went on
a) goal difference, if that was identical then

b) goals scored, if that was the same then

c) record againsteach other, which is identical.
Then it's a one off game at a neutral venue before the play offs are due to start.
Which would be a disadvantage to the losing team going into the playoffs.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The Pontus Kiss
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Genghers wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:57 am Can you make plans for the next few weekends then please? :)
Yes, I'd been thinking the same thing!

I first noticed it with the Villa game, when I checked the score at half time and then sat through a Christmas dinner thinking we'd lost.

We play them again on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully history will repeat itself.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:30 am I'm sure the blunts were expecting to beat Millwall comfortably and that we'd either draw or lose to the wendies, but it doesn't work like that and it's all about attitudes. I remember Villa were on a winning run before we played them in December. It will run out soon, by all accounts they were very lucky yesterday and v Rotherham.
Villa's first goal was never a penalty in a month of Sunday's
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:32 am I really do hope it doesn't come to that, my nerves are shot and my ticker is close to imploding !

:rol: :rol: :rol:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:31 am Seems a lucky omen for you Sara

I'd hate the thought of not being at a game, there is no way I could be out when Leeds are playing these days. Unfortunately when I was working in retail I had no choice although I did my best to wangle days off often, being self-employed since the 80's (apart from four years) made life easy for me to support my beloved Leeds, even when I was living in the south
I'm glad that you're able to get to the games. I haven't been for about three years now, for various reasons. When I can't follow it, it's a mixed blessing sometimes, as it can be pretty nerve wracking. I do appreciate catching up with people's thoughts on here though.
stevewall
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by stevewall »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:01 pm Hi all,

Link to Sheefield United v Millwall: http://www.streamhd-24.com/live/stream. ... -live.html

In Polish, or summat, but picture is fine.

Come on Wall, do us a favour Harris, then you can bo back to your real career = opening bottles with yer beaver teeth :lol:
don't be so ungrateful your pals from south London have just made it a lot easier , hope you get there im sure you will.
hector

Post by hector »

stevewall wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:50 am don't be so ungrateful your pals from south London have just made it a lot easier , hope you get there im sure you will.
Cheers, but you made bloody hard work of that draw :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

stevewall wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:50 am don't be so ungrateful your pals from south London have just made it a lot easier , hope you get there im sure you will.
Well done to your team Steve, deserved a victory tbh

The scenes in the bars around ER when Millwall scored the equaliser was something else

Credit where it's due, thank you Millwall
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:27 am I'm glad that you're able to get to the games. I haven't been for about three years now, for various reasons. When I can't follow it, it's a mixed blessing sometimes, as it can be pretty nerve wracking. I do appreciate catching up with people's thoughts on here though.
Thanks Sara, hopefully you'll be in a position to watch Leeds again in the future

Nothing beats live football for me !

Circumstances apply to so many who can't get to games although some just can't be bothered. For instance our kid (brother) use to travel everywhere to watch Leeds up to twenty years ago since he was a 8yo........he lives in Poole, Dorset but even when we've play Southampton & Bournemouth which are in spitting distance of him he doesn't try to obtain tickets. Money is no excuse for him as he is much more affluent than myself. No doubt he'll be ringing me later today to discuss the game, he still fanatical however uninterested in going to games, he prefers to listen to Oscar, Benjamin & Co on YouTube.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Wigan leading Norwich at half time!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Norwich lose today and the title race is not over. They have to go to Villa last game. Wigan just need to slightly better in their passing and they can win today. Not a penalty imo tho.

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1-1. Can only see NC winning now. Gave Puke far too much space. Wigan should have had wrapped up earlier but missed good chances.

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Btw,,,I've seen diving but NC take the cake for their antics today.

Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

LOL< they insist that the pitch is well watered so their players don't hurt themselves diving
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

8 mins extra time ! Where from ? Piss take or what !

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Velotrax wrote:LOL< they insist that the pitch is well watered so their players don't hurt themselves diving
They'll be in the next Olympics after this performance