Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic

Poll ended at Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:56 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
No votes
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
No votes
2-0
50%
2-1
No votes
3-1
30%
3-2
No votes
0-1
10%
0-2
No votes
1-2
10%
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 10

becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic Match Thread

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:21 pm Casilla - 7 - Not at fault for the goals
Ayling - 8 - Had a very good game for the most part.
Alioski - 0 - Shocking, can't defend and his distribution today was Sunday league park football.
Jansson - 4 - Beaten in the air for the second
Beradi - 6 - Combative

Phillips - 5 - Lack of pace and got taken to the cleaners today. He's not good with anyone with pace running at him
Hernandez - 6 - Tried too hard, can kind of forgive him a bad game just poor timing
Klich - 7 - Not at his best but did nothing wrong keeping the distribution simple.
Roberts - 7 - Was actually looking like one of our best players when he came off.
Harrison - 3 - Very poor but still better than Alio

Bamford - 5 - Good goal but a string of poor passes, two/three golden opportunities missed plus was seldom in the box for the few good crosses we put in

Forshaw - 6 - I'd like to see him start tbh.
Roofe - 7 - Most of his passes found their target, always moving, he seemed to be playing the #10 role and having to come deep
Clarke - 6 - Lacking confidence but better than recent weeks, still not beating players at will as he was, it all looks an effort to beat players and it's taking too long
I don't do ratings. Looking at yours though:-

Casilla - Yes he was at fault for the second goal. He didn't move.

Alioski - To give him zero is ridiculous. He worked hard, he did some brilliant passes. Yes he did some shite ones too but hey he's not the only one.

Berardi - To give him a 6 alongside Pablo is again ridiculous. Berardi did some horrendous passes!!

Roofe - Lol you give him a 7. Hmm don't think so.

Overall we should have won. Possession etc was in our favour. We were at home. Beautiful weather. Becchio was there :love: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:33 pm Why do a section of our fans rate Berardi so much?
Because he's fit as f@#k!
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

SaraM wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:57 pm Because he's fit as f@#k!
Don't start... my husband fancies him :lol: :bear:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Knowing us we'll probably beat Brentford and Villa and then lose to Ipswich!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:59 pm Don't start... my husband fancies him :lol: :bear:
😂 Everyone fancies him tbf!
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

At full time I looked skyward and for the first time this season I thought we’ve blown it. It will take a huge effort for the players to recover from this “kick in the teeth”, not only losing but to ten men for the majority of the game, far too many players had off days. Match winner last week, hopeless this week just about sums up Harrison’s season for me, his delivery was shocking. While on the subject of delivery, why can’t we take corners, too deep, can’t beat the first man, straight into the keepers hands very poor today.
The. Blades will be well and truly shocked at today’s results and know it’s now back in their hands with 3 to go. They had the backbone of their team out today but still ground out the win. We need them to drop points as the GD is worth a point and we need to win all 3 to have any chance. I’m now sat on the sofa feeling absolutely gutted hoping that come Monday the unimaginable has happened and we’re back 2nd.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

A lot of people on here should ring in tomorrow and see if they can get themselves a job failing that start on the coaching badges. We were gash today and will probably be world beaters Monday. I will stand by the comments regarding Alioski his final ball 95% of the time is awful truly awful for a pro footballer. Bielsa has had us playing terrific football this season but for the life of me what does Alioski contribute apart from being able to run for 90mins?
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:18 pm what does Alioski contribute apart from being able to run for 90mins?
Post-goal celebration choreography?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:04 pm Knowing us we'll probably beat Brentford and Villa and then lose to Ipswich!
Just said the very same to a mate & my bruv on the phone.

Would be typical Leeds
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Norwich equalise 1.5 minutes after the end of extra time. Says it all .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:44 pm Norwich equalise 1.5 minutes after the end of extra time. Says it all .

Farke time is the new Fergie time :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:18 pm but for the life of me what does Alioski contribute apart from being able to run for 90mins?
His Duracell battery needed charging, at times he couldn't stand up
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Makes our result worse. Could have closed the gap on them by 2 pts. They are going up because they are more consistent and if they don't win they rarely lose. Maybe a lesson for Leeds and this stupid gung ho style...sometimes you just have to shut up shop MB !

1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:44 pm Norwich equalise 1.5 minutes after the end of extra time. Says it all .

Farkie time again

7 minutes added-on-time plus is nothing unusual this season
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:48 pm Makes our result worse. Could have closed the gap on them by 2 pts. They are going up because they are more consistent and if they don't win they rarely lose. Maybe a lesson for Leeds and this stupid gung ho style...sometimes you just have to shut up shop MB !

OK. Send this to him...... :roll: :bear:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:10 pm At full time I looked skyward and for the first time this season I thought we’ve blown it. It will take a huge effort for the players to recover from this “kick in the teeth”, not only losing but to ten men for the majority of the game, far too many players had off days. Match winner last week, hopeless this week just about sums up Harrison’s season for me, his delivery was shocking. While on the subject of delivery, why can’t we take corners, too deep, can’t beat the first man, straight into the keepers hands very poor today.
The. Blades will be well and truly shocked at today’s results and know it’s now back in their hands with 3 to go. They had the backbone of their team out today but still ground out the win. We need them to drop points as the GD is worth a point and we need to win all 3 to have any chance. I’m now sat on the sofa feeling absolutely gutted hoping that come Monday the unimaginable has happened and we’re back 2nd.
The look on the faces in our crowd in the final minutes said it all Rich

Only one player played to the level we'd expect. As for Harrison I really can't see what some of our fans see in him.

All we hope for is three points at Brentford on Monday, I'm not at all confident however you never know with Leeds
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Today has helped to chrystalize my thoughts towards this current Leeds team and their rivals in this championship.

When we play poorly we lose about half the time . When Blunts and Norwich play poorly they lose some of the time but have in many cases still found a way to scrape a point.

That tells me a lot about a couple of things.

1. Overall we are tactically naive.
2. Our players lack experience.

First one we it seems we cant do anything about it seems. The second one we can in time. I really hope our players are hurting as much as many of the fans our at this moment.

Because they need to be.
And maybe the most devastating realisation is this.

Maybe pretty attacking fails more often than it succeeds.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well I didn't see that coming :shock: up there with one of our worst performances of the season. One up at home against ten men playing a team with the poorest away record in the championship. It really seemed that we were the team with one light, truth is we were thirteen short as only one player came out of that game with any credit. A total & utter shambles !

Positives

Luke Ayling
Bamford's well taken goal

Negatives

The whole team with one exception
Substitutions, what was Marcelo thinking ?
Woeful defending
Missed chances yet again
Choosing the wrong options
Penalty miss
Passing
Crossing
Corners/set-pieces
Showboating
Bullied off the ball far too easily
No points
Out of our hands again
Can't handle pace, god help us at Brentford

Crazy moments

Dummy's/back-heels at 1-0, are we taking the p*ss
Berardi's passing back to the keeper without looking, like a car-crash waiting to happen
Pontus allowing the ball to run pass his with a Wigan forward running onto to the ball
Alioski unable to stand up without tripping over his own feet
Harrison beating himself without any intervention from a defender

Ratings

5 Casilla
8 Ayling MOTM by a distance
4 Jansson
2 Berardi
2 Alioski
5 Phillips
5 Hernandez
3 Klich
5 Roberts
2 Harrison
5 Bamford
Subs
4 Roofe
5 Forshaw
3 Clarke
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:57 pm Because he's fit as f@#k!
But not a centre half.....which is far more important than him being fit as f**k at the moment in my humble opinion. :x
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Shocking today esp Alioski,Harrison and Bamford if Leeds do go up they'd need a massive overhaul keep maybe 3 or 4 from today's squad