Bamford or Roofe ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Bamford or Roofe

Bamford
92%
Roofe
8%

Total votes: 12

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Bamford or Roofe ?

Post by 1964white »

Unless injury dictates the selection in our final four games

Who would be your choice as in the striker role ?

Bamford or Roofe ?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Bamford or Roofe ?

Post by 1964white »

Right now Bamford for me
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Bamford, no question.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Currently Bamford but at last we are in a position were we have both our strikers available to play, good place to be with 4 games to go
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Bamford, but I'm glad to have Roofe on the bench ready.

Think Bamford could do with a goal first half today or we might see Roofe at half time...
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Bamford is match fit so he plays . I think he gives us just a tad more in possession and links up play better and more height . Wish he had Roofe's energy levels.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Bamford. He's a better finisher in my opinion. He'd be a Premier League level striker if he had pace.
Glad to have him and Roofe available though
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Bamford gives us a wee bit more. But Roofe needs games to regain his sharpness.

As others have said. Maybe he can be brought in and get at least 30 minutes.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Bamford. Roofe isn't match fit and looked off the pace in his cameo against Wendies. As others have said, nice to have options up top for what seems like the first time in ages this season.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Pa Bamford for me aswell.. though love Roofe for all that.
All in the 90 mins both put in a shift. Though right now ironic of Roofes goals this season, I believe Bamford is more direct and a better target man.
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Must be Bamford …. he offers himself as a link to build attacks whereas Roofe is more of a finisher. Like everyone I am glad we have both as an option
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

For today? Bamford, Better Striker ? Roofe
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:40 am For today? Bamford, Better Striker ? Roofe
Agreed.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Bamford with Roofe off the bench is a great option, happy with either tbh
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

SaraM wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:47 amAgreed.
Seconded.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mothbanquet wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:00 amSeconded.
Carried.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Without a vote?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

dezzy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:51 am Bamford with Roofe off the bench is a great option, happy with either tbh
Totally agree
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Bamford, holds the ball up just that bit better than Roofe and finds space easier, why change a line up at the moment when it’s working ok. No problem swapping Bamford for Roofe if things aren’t working and he comes on and smashes in the winner.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Different footballers, I'll happily debate all day that Bamford finds space easier, Roofe has the better movement and that will always find space plus he's so much quicker at doing it. He's better in the 6 yard box where his superior vision and reflexes wins the day. Bamford is better around the box and on the ball, he's a much better on the ball footballer, I'll always maintain Roofe is an off ball striker. That's not to say Roofe gives nothing around the box, he's a very good short and touch passer around the box. It's simple but usually effective.

Roofe has the much quicker feet, he'll get out of trouble much easier than Bamford. Bamford has the bulk to lean into defenders and hold the ball up better. Bamford has a cleaner strike from distance.

They would probably compliment each other well but we don't play two up front, haven't for years and so it's either or right now and that has to be Bamford.

Where I differ from everyone else is I don't think it's that easy to go from using Bamford's skill set to start and then having to alter those tactics at a drop of a hat to accommodate Roofe when he replaces Bamford. The two games Roofe has come on we've still played like it's Bamford up front for the most part. Bringing Roofe into a game where he's been subbed on has so far proved difficult.

TBH I didn't see a lot of rust last time out, still quick enough and sharp enough to get in position to put the ball in the back of the net v SW. Albeit Forshaw was offside.

Roofe has 1 goal in 27 sub appearances now, not a super sub conversion rate there

I'd play Bamford the full 90 irrespective of situation and maybe add Roofe for Harrison/Alioski late if we absolutely have to for the rest of season

I think Roofe has the higher ceiling, I think he has the better chance at Premier success but I'm really not going to be surprised if neither are here next season if we do go up. I like Bamford but his pace could make it difficult for him to find space in the Prem and make him a very limited player at the next level.