Pumped for the play-offs

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pumped for the play-offs

Post by Genghers »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:41 pm Bielsa still believes it still only failing because of missed chances.

Let hope his methods are vindicated beginning this weekend
Has not wrong to be fair. We are creating a lot of chances (not all clear-cut of course) and conceding relatively few. If we converted a bigger number we'd be up.

But that's by-the-by and we need to find a way to finish these chances so that we can get through the playoffs...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SelmaBamaMan wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:40 pm HAS ANYONE USED ESPN+ TO STREAM AN EVENT TAKING PLACE IN THE UNITED STATES? IF SO, WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF IT?
ESPN+ streaming is the only US television means available for me watch the play-off matches. I don’t watch to pay for something if its crap.
A lot of the times when I watch Leeds (via naughty streams) the original stream is ESPN and is excellent. I would imagine it would be even better if you are getting it direct.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Genghers wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:19 pm Has not wrong to be fair. We are creating a lot of chances (not all clear-cut of course) and conceding relatively few. If we converted a bigger number we'd be up.

But that's by-the-by and we need to find a way to finish these chances so that we can get through the playoffs...
Exactly. It shows with the fact that we'd won every match where we'd scored first until the Wigan fiasco. The biggest problem by a mile in this team is the failure to convert. We should probably have scored another 30 or 40 goals this season and if we'd done that then all the other 'problems' wouldn't have mattered at all as we'd have gone up with over 100 points. Obviously there are improvements, and as people have mentioned having Saiz, or a Saiz type player, in the team makes huge difference - when the next 'best' option for this role is Forshaw then it is easy to see why we have problems as Forshaw just isn't a goal or assist threat and doesn't run with the ball at the same level of pace, and threat, that Saiz did.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Genghers wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:19 pm Has not wrong to be fair. We are creating a lot of chances (not all clear-cut of course) and conceding relatively few. If we converted a bigger number we'd be up.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle !
from christmas onwards we've been lacking in all departments . sadly we've just not been good enough ..... fact.
As for the play offs . expect the worse and hope for the best and we won't be too disappointed .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:19 pm If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle !
from christmas onwards we've been lacking in all departments . sadly we've just not been good enough ..... fact.
As for the play offs . expect the worse and hope for the best and we won't be too disappointed .
Sadly we made a failed half-hearted effort during the January window & the writing has been on the wall ever since

As for the play-offs it all depends which Leeds United turn up on the day,

Point is we have to show up on three consecutive days & that may just be beyond us.

Even Bielsa said the same in his press conference the other week
Villanois
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Villanois »

SelmaBamaMan wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:40 pm HAS ANYONE USED ESPN+ TO STREAM AN EVENT TAKING PLACE IN THE UNITED STATES? IF SO, WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF IT?
ESPN+ streaming is the only US television means available for me watch the play-off matches. I don’t watch to pay for something if its crap.
ESPN + has good picture quality, I've used it all season. For $5 or so each month you can't go wrong, plus you can sign up for a trial period first. I think it was the first month free when I joined last year so you'd get the play offs free.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:19 pm If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle !
We have consistently created opportunities, even when we haven't won. Of course it's all what ifs, but that's all we have when we look back.
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

I have had this for a while, stream is good , commentary is a bit dry. I can also watch games on replay if I miss them , plus check out the other EFL games to see how our oppos are playing.

No complaints on my side, worth it to see LUFC. Fortunately we have been on most of the time, although when we are not featured does tend to pee you off. Great to have game comments from the gang here so that makes up for those games.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Pretty excited myself now :)

Playoffs are a lottery.

But we know we can beat our rivals.

Only WBA know they can beat us.

Derby and Villa think they can (and on their day they may) but we know we can beat them and tbf neither have troubled us in the sense neither looked capable of beating us when we played them imo.

Derby we convincingly beat twice.

Villa we were the better side at Villa park and at least equal at Elland Road in our current poor form.

The side who i fear most is us, we are what worries me most.

If we turn up we can beat them all.

But atm thats a big IF
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

LUFC_BOS wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:33 pm I have had this for a while, stream is good , commentary is a bit dry. I can also watch games on replay if I miss them , plus check out the other EFL games to see how our oppos are playing.

No complaints on my side, worth it to see LUFC. Fortunately we have been on most of the time, although when we are not featured does tend to pee you off. Great to have game comments from the gang here so that makes up for those games.
Thanks. I was worried about the stream quality. Commentary is not high on my list because I shut off the sound in English when watching matches from other leagues (it is droning on about statistics). I'm going to get it for the play-offs.
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

Villanois wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:45 pm ESPN + has good picture quality, I've used it all season. For $5 or so each month you can't go wrong, plus you can sign up for a trial period first. I think it was the first month free when I joined last year so you'd get the play offs free.
Thank you. I was worried about the stream and quality of picture. I checked and its still free and about $5 dollars a month. I'm going to get it for the play-offs.
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

weasel wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:50 pm A lot of the times when I watch Leeds (via naughty streams) the original stream is ESPN and is excellent. I would imagine it would be even better if you are getting it direct.
Thanks. The stream and picture quality are my top requirements. I'll be getting it.
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

gessa wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:14 pm I used to watch a few games on ESPN, when nothing else was available, nothing wrong with the coverage, just the terminology used by the commentators was distracting but tbf, I rarely have commentary on when I'm watching a game.
Thank you. I agree with the terminology used by American commentators. They are hung up on statistics and sound like their background is baseball -- against left handed pictures he has a .340 batting average unless the game is played on a weekend, but has an average of .675 on games played on week days. Converted to football its something like this: he converts direct free kicks from 20 to 22 yards from goal against a 4 man wall 10% of the time. But from the same position he converts 60% of the time when the 2nd and 4th man in the wall are no taller than 1.2 meters and the direct free kick is taken during an even month of the year. I turn the sound off.

I'm going to get it for the play offs.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:46 pm Pretty excited myself now :)

Playoffs are a lottery.

But we know we can beat our rivals.

Only WBA know they can beat us.

Derby and Villa think they can (and on their day they may) but we know we can beat them and tbf neither have troubled us in the sense neither looked capable of beating us when we played them imo.

Derby we convincingly beat twice.

Villa we were the better side at Villa park and at least equal at Elland Road in our current poor form.

The side who i fear most is us, we are what worries me most.

If we turn up we can beat them all.

But atm thats a big IF
I think it is even more simple than that - if we have our shooting boots on we win pure and simple. Even when we have lost we have probably averaged 20+ shots per match, score 2 or 3 out of those 20 and nearly all of those losses disappear.
Villanois
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Villanois »

SelmaBamaMan wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:30 pm Thank you. I was worried about the stream and quality of picture. I checked and its still free and about $5 dollars a month. I'm going to get it for the play-offs.
Also, if you have a smart tv, download the espn app and you can watch it on tv.
gessa

Post by gessa »

SelmaBamaMan wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:45 pm Thank you. I agree with the terminology used by American commentators. They are hung up on statistics and sound like their background is baseball -- against left handed pictures he has a .340 batting average unless the game is played on a weekend, but has an average of .675 on games played on week days. Converted to football its something like this: he converts direct free kicks from 20 to 22 yards from goal against a 4 man wall 10% of the time. But from the same position he converts 60% of the time when the 2nd and 4th man in the wall are no taller than 1.2 meters and the direct free kick is taken during an even month of the year. I turn the sound off.

I'm going to get it for the play offs.

Yes, that's the type of thing.

Hope it works out for you and you see 3 wins .for us..
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:30 pm Sadly we made a failed half-hearted effort during the January window & the writing has been on the wall ever since

As for the play-offs it all depends which Leeds United turn up on the day,

Point is we have to show up on three consecutive days & that may just be beyond us.

Even Bielsa said the same in his press conference the other week
it was stupid not to invest in jan ! poor recruitment and the dan james fiasco sums our cheapskate owner up.
no excuses , fact is over the course and distance we've just not been good enough. . promotions are not won at christmas !
tbh looking forward to the play offs . for once its nice to be involved after years of s**t.
imo four big clubs four average teams it remains to be seen tho if we are good enough or not.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 am it was stupid not to invest in jan ! poor recruitment and the dan james fiasco sums our cheapskate owner up.
no excuses , fact is over the course and distance we've just not been good enough. . promotions are not won at christmas !
tbh looking forward to the play offs . for once its nice to be involved after years of s**t.
imo four big clubs four average teams it remains to be seen tho if we are good enough or not.
Agree 63 always insisted we hadn't done sufficient business last summer (£3m net spend) that is peanuts for a club of our standing, then the expected fiasco in January said it all about our owners.

How come do we attract skint Italian/Arab owners?

Why purchase a football club if you have nothing to invest into the playing squad?

Not replacing Saiz was not only ridiculous but farcical. We needed an addition to the squad that would have given us something different to take us forward, nothing was forthcoming so now we have got what we deserved losing out to automatic promotion & into a scenario that can be only described as a lottery avenue to the premiership

It was in our hands, now we are approaching the lottery with a team out of form who are capable of much better. If they regain their mojo/form that we have witnessed during the season then there is the dodgy referee lurking round the corner or one red card to consider that could ultimately effect our progress up those Wembley steps.

It really shouldn't have got to this stage but its has & all we can do now is hope that god smiles on us.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 am it was stupid not to invest in jan ! poor recruitment and the dan james fiasco sums our cheapskate owner up.
I think if the James deal had gone through, it would have made a massive difference to our season and it was horribly handled by the club, once they brought in Kiko it was almost like they took a few weeks off before trying to settle the James deal, no urgency which cost us the autos I feel. I’m not sure you can call Radz a cheapskate though, he’s running the club well and to a sustainable buisness model, one which has seen us go from strength to strength as a club
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Stop blaming the club for the the James deal falling through. Swansea delayed so that they could play James for the month and then THEY stopped the agreed deal. Phil Hay said at the time that Leeds met all of Swansea's demands and it was widely publicised that it was the chairman who blocked the deal at the 11th hour. He then walked away from the club...