Had Enough

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Had Enough

Post by The Subhuman »

point being we already had a James quality player and maybe others but we never found out. Bielsa is a top manager but he has his flaws and they may have cost us ultimately this season
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Always a tricky one because Clarke was the same situation of looking great as a sub but then maybe wasn't quite ready to be a starter with the added pressure. On paper Shackleton looked like a great option with his pace but long term Bielsa may get the decision right in terms of Shackleton's career albeit though as you say Shackleton could maybe have made a difference. I would expect Shackleton to be more involved next season and be solely part of the first team squad.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Cjay wrote:Of being a joke club.

Top at Christmas-threw that away.

1-0 win away playoff 1st leg no side has ever come back from.that- threw that away.

Thoroughly fed up with it.

The whole summer of being a laughing stock while players get sold.

f**king unbelievable

Nobody expected promotion, blah, expectations change as the season goes on and once again we failed in January and threw it all away at home.

f**k f**k f**k

Can we criticise Rady yet?

And fair play to Derby, Norwich, Villa and Blades for holding their nerve.
Feeling the same. Somehow i think leeds would do better if they had 11000 gates like Bournemouth so less pressure. I honestly don't think anyone can handle the sort of pressure that leeds always find themselves under . Im getting to the point of asking myself if its all worth the heartache . Probably not.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Interested in people's thoughts regards Berardi getting his marching orders and us not bringing on Jansson to shore up the defence. If he was on the bench he was surely fit which begs the question why was our best defender not on the pitch from the word go. Berardi was good Saturday but if Bielsa rates him Cooper shouldn't be playing in my opinion. No room for sentiment in football. Just a thought, immaterial now🤔
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote:It was the same players letting us down when it mattered, but fairplay to Dallas. Where did that performance come from? I would have said he has no future, but maybe he does if he can keep doing that.
But thats the problem. Consistency. Having too many players who put in a good performance every 4-5 games isnt good enough. Harrison had 2 good playoff games but failed miserably over the season.

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:43 pm Always a tricky one because Clarke was the same situation of looking great as a sub but then maybe wasn't quite ready to be a starter with the added pressure. On paper Shackleton looked like a great option with his pace but long term Bielsa may get the decision right in terms of Shackleton's career albeit though as you say Shackleton could maybe have made a difference. I would expect Shackleton to be more involved next season and be solely part of the first team squad.
My point being even if we bought James he may not have started. Even if he did start at some point he may not have played like he did in a system he knew well with players he knew well...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:00 pm Interested in people's thoughts regards Berardi getting his marching orders and us not bringing on Jansson to shore up the defence. If he was on the bench he was surely fit which begs the question why was our best defender not on the pitch from the word go. Berardi was good Saturday but if Bielsa rates him Cooper shouldn't be playing in my opinion. No room for sentiment in football. Just a thought, immaterial now🤔
Second yellow, not a straight red and his first was a joke.. We had so many yellow cards in that game someone was going off sooner or later. Phillips looked more likely to get the second yellow
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

faaip wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:15 pm Second yellow, not a straight red and his first was a joke.. We had so many yellow cards in that game someone was going off sooner or later. Phillips looked more likely to get the second yellow

Agreed, but the point is a better defender was available from the start. Should have been brought on immediately the second card was shown.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:58 pm Agreed, but the point is a better defender was available from the start. Should have been brought on immediately the second card was shown.
Agree MJ

We were defending like chumps with Berardi on so given his red card & not replacing him with our best defender doesn't make sense whatsoever
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I think MB's substitutions have been bewildering for sometime. He's admitted it himself that he has made the wrong choices on occasions but it is a regular occurrence. Playing non-defenders in defence when there are perfectly suitable replacements such as Halme in the past and Janson on Wednesday is ludicrous to me. Once Beradi got booked Janson should have took his place and we just maybe have made it to the final as well .

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I doubt Jansson was fit to play, otherwise he would have started.
hector

Post by hector »

SG90 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:24 pm I doubt Jansson was fit to play, otherwise he would have started.
Unless there is some backroom conflict between him and Bielsa
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Why on the bench then, ludicrous. Another crazy decision bringing Brown on with five minutes to go, no one influences again that quickly Oh hang on Marriot managed it with a little help from his friends🙄 Brown should have been given game not u23 but really game time. His displays for Hudds and Brighton show he is probably better than anything we currently have imo.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:40 pm Why on the bench then Janssen, ludicrous. Another crazy decision bringing Brown on with five minutes to go, no one influences again that quickly Oh hang on Marriot managed it with a little help from his friends🙄 Brown should have been given game not u23 but really game time. His displays for Hudds and Brighton show he is probably better than anything we currently have imo.