2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by 1964white » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:59 pm

Cjay wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:20 pm
Adam Forshaw to FUlham has again been mentioned again today, think thatd be a good deal myself, its his level we should be selling on, decent but nowhere near vital to the team.
Kalvin is twice the player Forshaw will ever be, no great loss imo !

I rather see us sign a proper DM should we sell one of best assets, hopefully no one turns KP's head & the lad remains at the club he wishes to play for, his beloved Leeds.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:26 pm

I'm sorry but we didnt "deserve to go up" , we against all odds conspired to screw it up.

MB is vital and we all know what we need to do, buy a few vetter players for the 1st 11.

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:42 pm

So basically Kinnear is saying that last years squad is good enough to get promotion . If it was good enough we'd have gone up this season. Treading water is good enough to prevent sinking but improvement in the quality and depth of the squad are necessary to get up.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Chilli D wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:52 pm
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... i-16312086
So basically what I said the other day....we're going to be almost totally reliant on the U23's being able to make the step up.
While at the same time selling our most promising youngster for many a year.
I don't see the issue personally. Why bother signing them if we're not going to play them? It just becomes a waste of money otherwise. Plus they're ingrained in the style of play already.

Supplementing what we've got, plus some few u23s and a few loans seems right to me.
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Getting a fee for Forshaw is good business. Not a key player and keeps the ffp cobwebs away. I believe Diaz and McCalmont are good enough to be a bench replacement, or even Rey if he's coming back.
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:45 pm

Cjay wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:20 pm
Adam Forshaw to FUlham has again been mentioned again today, think thatd be a good deal myself, its his level we should be selling on, decent but nowhere near vital to the team.

Also (must say i like this one because ive been desperate for us to try the South American market).

Ecuadorian media is reporting we have asked about Ecuador u20 international winger Alexander Alvarado, normally would dismiss this as click bait but he was name checked by our scout Gaby RUiz just the other week.

And the obligatory YouTube video will now follow.

I'm excited to see we're looking at young South American talent, but I'm not sure how he would qualify for a work permit.

SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:00 pm

Oh just seen Diaz has been released. Not really surprised tbh. I did say the u23s benching him looked like he was leaving.

Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:45 pm

Consistency is the key, bringing in 3,4 or 5 new players having to learn the Beilsa style would be a step back in my opinion, the squad last year would have been good enough if it wasn’t for a savage injury list! 1 maybe 2 quality signings plus an average amount of injuries and we finish champions

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Cjay wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:26 pm
I'm sorry but we didnt "deserve to go up" , we against all odds conspired to screw it up.

MB is vital and we all know what we need to do, buy a few vetter players for the 1st 11.
Indeed Cjay

Kinnear talking tosh through his rose-tinted spectacles.

Was he watching us v the likes of Birmingham, QPR, Brentford, Ipswich, Hull, Wigan, etc?

Did he see us cave in when we were 2-0 up on aggregate v Derby?

Does he realise we failed to beat three of the top six clubs at ER ?

Our management need to wake up & smell the coffee, they are responsible for our failings last season

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:41 pm

Newport white wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:45 pm
Consistency is the key, bringing in 3,4 or 5 new players having to learn the Beilsa style would be a step back in my opinion, the squad last year would have been good enough if it wasn’t for a savage injury list! 1 maybe 2 quality signings plus an average amount of injuries and we finish champions
The reason why injuries occur is partly down to having such a small squad playing players who hadn't fully recovered from their injuries, three games a week left our players drained in the last couple of months plus we had no game-changers on the bench. Also we tend to sign injury prone players.

We won't go up with the same squad, we need two or three quality players

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:01 am

Make no wonder I am so NOT excited about next season. 'nuff said!

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:41 am

whiteswan wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:01 am
Make no wonder I am so NOT excited about next season. 'nuff said!
I'm not surprised Swannie when our top level management come out with silly comments like that as it is blatantly obvious we are not good enough as it stands now, we failed miserably in the 2nd half of season. I despaired every other week, no consistency whatsoever. The Wigan game was the final straw for me, season over !

I'd ask Kinnear one question.....How many games did Norwich/Sheff Utd lose from January until May ?

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:06 am

1964white wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:31 pm
Kinnear talking tosh through his rose-tinted spectacles.

Was he watching us v the likes of Birmingham, QPR, Brentford, Ipswich, Hull, Wigan, etc?

Did he see us cave in when we were 2-0 up on aggregate v Derby?

Does he realise we failed to beat three of the top six clubs at ER ?

Our management need to wake up & smell the coffee, they are responsible for our failings last season
Crikey talk about twisting things to suit an agenda - all Kinnear has said is that we came close (3rd place is pretty close to 2nd place) and that we were disappointed. He then says he has full confidence in the squad but that they are looking to strengthen - what is he meant to say 'they are all sh*t and we want to replace them all.' I am sure Bielsa would be happy to retain all of last years players and also strengthen.

Of course we had bad games, we still finished 3rd so hardly like the bad games were all that happened last season.

Saying we failed to beat 3 of the top 6 clubs at ER is stretching things a bit considering we beat both of the top 2 teams away, thrashed the 4th place team at home, beat the 5th place team away and drew with them at home and thrashed the 6th place team home and away. Our record v top 6 was Played 10 Won 6 Drew 1 Lost 3. Our problem was not v the top 6 but against teams that we should have beaten like Wigan, Birmingham etc.

Yes we need a couple of quality additions that can make the difference in those sort of games where the opposition park the bus and that is hopefully what they are trying to sign.
Senor El Weasel

lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:02 am

weasel wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:06 am
Crikey talk about twisting things to suit an agenda - all Kinnear has said is that we came close (3rd place is pretty close to 2nd place) and that we were disappointed. He then says he has full confidence in the squad but that they are looking to strengthen - what is he meant to say 'they are all sh*t and we want to replace them all.' I am sure Bielsa would be happy to retain all of last years players and also strengthen.

Of course we had bad games, we still finished 3rd so hardly like the bad games were all that happened last season.

Saying we failed to beat 3 of the top 6 clubs at ER is stretching things a bit considering we beat both of the top 2 teams away, thrashed the 4th place team at home, beat the 5th place team away and drew with them at home and thrashed the 6th place team home and away. Our record v top 6 was Played 10 Won 6 Drew 1 Lost 3. Our problem was not v the top 6 but against teams that we should have beaten like Wigan, Birmingham etc.

Yes we need a couple of quality additions that can make the difference in those sort of games where the opposition park the bus and that is hopefully what they are trying to sign.
This :tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:11 am

The problem is none of us know which Leeds United side is going to show up at the start of this new season. Will it be the swashbuckling side that were so consistently good up to around December, losing only 3 games until the turn of the year or will it be the side that then trundled along like a car stuck in 2nd gear, unable to lift themselves to the great heights of the previous few months.

Based on the latter and I would say we have to go off what was most recent, it's crystal clear that we made a catastrophic failure in not strengthening the side in Jan. Dan James, all eggs in one basket, Marcelo was in agreement etc etc etc. But whatever angle you look at it, it was a major error in judgement by the whole management team.

We cannot therefore repeat that error again by failing to capture real quality this summer. 4 genuine very good players, Goalkeeper, Central Defence, Winger and a Striker are an absolute must !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

Doire_Boi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Doire_Boi » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:26 am

I like the idea of selling forshaw if we can keep Phillips. Any money we get for him should be used for a pablo type player (quality and able to break down bus parking teams) - surely pablo won't be playing as much next season.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:30 am

Next season feels like make or break for us.

Bielsa wont stay again if we dont go up, Radz is clearly running out of funds and has probably reached his tipping point.

If ever there was a time for the club to be brave and ambitious this is it because i think if we dont get promoted next season it will be years before we have another chance.

The messages from the club are the same as ever, thats fine in public but i hope they are working very hard to sign real quality behind the scenes, not pad out the squad like last summer, add 3 or 4 top level players to the first 11, thats what we need.

The squad lacks quality, if the club cant see that then i despair.

You cant throw it away like we did and pretend all is well with the team, we ended up a laughing stock again!!!!!

No amount of spin from Kinnear will change that and the board have to take a huge portion of the blame for how we all felt after Derby.

Kinnear is just a talking puppet anyway.

In public thats ok aslong as in private its very different, if the board truly believe we deserved to go up then they are deluded.
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:41 am

Wow if finishing third is a laughing stock I suggest fans that think so play it safe and start to support which ever bandwagon team they can salivate over the signings for. We have a lot of talent, it's young, was injured, in a first season in a new system and everyone one is also forgetting whatever our transfer policy is it's been agreed with the great man himself.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious...

....but I am...

....so that's how it comes out

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:56 am

faaip wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:41 am
Wow if finishing third is a laughing stock I suggest fans that think so play it safe and start to support which ever bandwagon team they can salivate over the signings for. We have a lot of talent, it's young, was injured, in a first season in a new system and everyone one is also forgetting whatever our transfer policy is it's been agreed with the great man himself.
Finishing 3rd didnt make us a laughing stock.

Being top at Christmas and being only the 2nd side in Championship history not to get promoted from there made us a laughing stock.

Being the only side to win a playoff 1st leg away and lose at home, that made us a laughing stock.

Finishing 3rd means naff all in the end if the next season you dont improve on it.

Just hope the board support MB properly this time, get his 1st choice targets and give him the best tools to get the job done, then I'll be happy :)

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:59 am

Me thinks people have taken the Snoddy rumour from.the fake Phil Hay account and ran with it.

Regardless, a West Ham site are now linking us with snoddy . . . . . . .

Advertisment