2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by weasel »

Great clip and what a variety of goals. Had forgotten also how many times he had hit the woodwork - he could easily have had a few more goals. Awareness and knowing what position to get into are far more important than speed - just ask Gary Lineker.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Daily Fail claiming Tottenham have bid £10m for Jack Clarke.

The Scum claiming Liverpool and Bournemouth are interested in Leif Davis for £4m.

Notice how it's always the same clubs linked to our players. :roll:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:21 pm Great clip and what a variety of goals. Had forgotten also how many times he had hit the woodwork - he could easily have had a few more goals. Awareness and knowing what position to get into are far more important than speed - just ask Gary Lineker.
Except Lineker was short area quick and his movement was top quality (more Roofe than Lasogga) . If we get the Lasogga of two seasons ago then no thanks, if he's gotten leaner, quicker and improved his football IQ then absolutely. Always assuming he fits MB's system.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:00 pm Another one, been linked to this one for a while.

Portsmouth winger Jamal Lowe.

24 years old.
Bit of a late developer maybe.

17 goals this season in league 1, Pompey want £2mil.

A gamble?

Seems like his agent is just trying to him the best deal, hence they throw Leeds in all the time. No better than our own Wilks anyway.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Man City academy scout has been speaking to the Polish press about Bogusz and says he wishes they signed him instead. :roll: Don't you dare try and poach him! :evil: :evil:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/22/m ... og/page/1/
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:48 pm Come on Leeds 😍 Bring him back!

Hard to believe that goal against Derby was his last goal for the club.
LASOGGA at full pelt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES32UFlPOUA
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

No bid as of yet for Jack Clarke, but Phil Hay says Tottenham are showing interest. This will show what Radz is made of. I'd only consider £20m as a minimum. PL clubs have more money than sense, fed up of them taking the piss with OUR home grown talent.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9784656
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 am No bid as of yet for Jack Clarke, but Phil Hay says Tottenham are showing interest. This will show what Radz is made of. I'd only consider £20m as a minimum. PL clubs have more money than sense, fed up of them taking the piss with OUR home grown talent.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9784656
The trouble we have with Clarke is that it is hard to gauge how good he is. When he burst into the team the opposition wouldn't have really known much, if anything about him - contrary to what the likes of Dean Saunders and Frank Lampard told us most managers don't do a great deal of research on opposition players especially those that were in the opposition youth team. So Clarke had the element of surprise for those first few games combined with coming on against tired defenders. He looked great. After a few matches though the opposition knew all about him, knew he was going to try to take on the full back and the opposition basically stopped him. He then had his illness and hasn't looked like recovering his early form since then, not even for the U23s.

So is he as good as he looked in those first few substitute appearances or is he a 1 trick pony that has been worked out by opposition defenders? Tottenham can afford to gamble £10m and if he fails he fails. We keep hold of him and he doesn't live up to the potential/hype and that £10m could have bought us a couple of really good players but instead we have nowt.

Before the loss of form and illness then we were in a position of real strength to ask for a much higher fee. With all the questions still to be answered £10m looks appealing to me.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Yep, its time leeds stopped getting mugged off and demand high prices from the super rich clubs , if they want him that badly 20 mil is a snip for them. How much they just spent on a new stadium ? and making a mint from the champions lge. Bristol just got 13 for a reserve LB didnt they ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:36 am The trouble we have with Clarke is that it is hard to gauge how good he is. When he burst into the team the opposition wouldn't have really known much, if anything about him - contrary to what the likes of Dean Saunders and Frank Lampard told us most managers don't do a great deal of research on opposition players especially those that were in the opposition youth team. So Clarke had the element of surprise for those first few games combined with coming on against tired defenders. He looked great. After a few matches though the opposition knew all about him, knew he was going to try to take on the full back and the opposition basically stopped him. He then had his illness and hasn't looked like recovering his early form since then, not even for the U23s.

So is he as good as he looked in those first few substitute appearances or is he a 1 trick pony that has been worked out by opposition defenders? Tottenham can afford to gamble £10m and if he fails he fails. We keep hold of him and he doesn't live up to the potential/hype and that £10m could have bought us a couple of really good players but instead we have nowt.

Before the loss of form and illness then we were in a position of real strength to ask for a much higher fee. With all the questions still to be answered £10m looks appealing to me.
Sorry weasel there's no scenario where £10m would be acceptable. If they want him, then they can pay up or they can fook off and develop their own talent.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

weasel wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:36 am The trouble we have with Clarke is that it is hard to gauge how good he is. When he burst into the team the opposition wouldn't have really known much, if anything about him - contrary to what the likes of Dean Saunders and Frank Lampard told us most managers don't do a great deal of research on opposition players especially those that were in the opposition youth team. So Clarke had the element of surprise for those first few games combined with coming on against tired defenders. He looked great. After a few matches though the opposition knew all about him, knew he was going to try to take on the full back and the opposition basically stopped him. He then had his illness and hasn't looked like recovering his early form since then, not even for the U23s.

Agreed I personally wouldn't be too bothered if we sold him as long as we got the full 10 million upfront and a decent sell on clause. He was unquestionably a good player in his sub appearances around Christmas but when we started him he didn't really have the same impact. He will be a good player but at the moment has a lot of further development to get there and i dont think Leeds are in a position at the moment to turn that kind of money down for a player that probably wont be the deciding factor on whether or not we are promoted next year. Hopefully Saiz will go for 5 million along with some of the other unwanted players for another 5 million it should give us enough to resist offers for Phillips whilst giving us funds to spend.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:57 am Sorry weasel there's no scenario where £10m would be acceptable. If they want him, then they can pay up or they can fook off and develop their own talent.
Don't get me wrong I would love us to keep him and him turn into an amazing player - but there are huge questions around him at the moment as to whether he can be anywhere near as good as he was in the first few sub appearances. £10m could buy us a player or two that could make the difference. Lots of players have looked amazing in their first few matches and then do nothing, Clarke may well be the same.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Havent posted for a while as still gutted. Pontus and BPF playing agaisnt Derby and we would be at Wembley. Derby took over 2 hours to put one between the sticks and we gave them it.

Anyway, get rid of as much dead wood as possible and that means 10 players....ALL the loans and i would seriously consider Douglas, Forshaw for the chop.
Pointless paying their wages.

Many of the U23's should get promoted.

Right, thats it...back to being fed up!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:03 pm Don't get me wrong I would love us to keep him and him turn into an amazing player - but there are huge questions around him at the moment as to whether he can be anywhere near as good as he was in the first few sub appearances. £10m could buy us a player or two that could make the difference. Lots of players have looked amazing in their first few matches and then do nothing, Clarke may well be the same.
But we could spend it on another Bamford and Douglas, who look like massive wastes of money. Our track record under Orta isn't very good so far. Clarke, once he has a pre season and gets his confidence back, will be massive player next season, which is why I'm saying minimum £20m as these types of players are hard to come by cheap. £10m is nothing now in the scheme of PL tv money.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

WhiteRose wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:07 pm Agreed I personally wouldn't be too bothered if we sold him as long as we got the full 10 million upfront and a decent sell on clause. He was unquestionably a good player in his sub appearances around Christmas but when we started him he didn't really have the same impact. He will be a good player but at the moment has a lot of further development to get there and i dont think Leeds are in a position at the moment to turn that kind of money down for a player that probably wont be the deciding factor on whether or not we are promoted next year. Hopefully Saiz will go for 5 million along with some of the other unwanted players for another 5 million it should give us enough to resist offers for Phillips whilst giving us funds to spend.
agreed fella . However showing an interest means f**k all . tbh i can't see spurs offering anywhere near that kind money for him at the moment.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:23 pm But we could spend it on another Bamford and Douglas, who look like massive wastes of money. Our track record under Orta isn't very good so far. Clarke, once he has a pre season and gets his confidence back, will be massive player next season, which is why I'm saying minimum £20m as these types of players are hard to come by cheap. £10m is nothing now in the scheme of PL tv money.
No guarantee at all that Clarke will even be a bit part player next season let alone a 'massive player.' More likely given the ratio of kids who fail to make the grade at football is that he won't - I hope he stays at Leeds and becomes the massive player but there are a lot of doubts surrounding him at the moment.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

No excuse for selling Clarke.

18 year old who has been tracked by all the biggest teams in the country.

Why try and justify it?

This is a kid who will go to the top and we should be building our team around him not trying to justify it.

No excuse, good test of what we are about.

MB prefers younger players, i bet there are quite a few he'd rather go before Clarke.

If Radz sells Clarke it will show he is no different to previous owners selling our best young players.

Cook, Taylor, Howson, Vieira, hopefully Clarke wont join them and we will finally do what Fulham did when teams came calling for Sessegnon, just say no.

Some things are more important then money, we need to draw a line and keep our best talents rather then trying to justify it same as we do every year.

"Oh (insert player) isnt ready and (insert number) is a good price, we can get a more experienced player". :roll:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

We have no negotiation skills unfortunately. Radz is a "great businessman" though. :roll:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:45 pm No excuse for selling Clarke.

18 year old who has been tracked by all the biggest teams in the country.

Why try and justify it?

This is a kid who will go to the top and we should be building our team around him not trying to justify it.

No excuse, good test of what we are about.

MB prefers younger players, i bet there are quite a few he'd rather go before Clarke.

If Radz sells Clarke it will show he is no different to previous owners selling our best young players.

Cook, Taylor, Howson, Vieira, hopefully Clarke wont join them and we will finally do what Fulham did when teams came calling for Sessegnon, just say no.

Some things are more important then money, we need to draw a line and keep our best talents rather then trying to justify it same as we do every year.

"Oh (insert player) isnt ready and (insert number) is a good price, we can get a more experienced player". :roll:
While we all would like to have available all our young prospects the truth is that we will always be a selling club.

If selling Clarke allowed the bossman to stay and build a squad who would contend next season then it would be a small price to pay.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

10million for Clarke is the bare minimum, a price a club who are struggling would take. 15m would be fair, 10m upfront.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..