Radz on Derby/Radz on Talksport Jim White's show imminently

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Radz on Derby/Radz on Talksport Jim White's show imminently

Post by HarryofOz »

It will be very disappointing to lose Bielsa, if that happens.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Bang on SG. If Bielsa leaves its because AR isnt prepared to back him with the resources he needs and MB will know exactly where he needs to strengthen and who to ship out. If AR thinks leeds can go 1 step further with the same squad or minimal investment then he's wasting everyone's time including his own and MB will leave...then what ? AR will lose all respect in the process and i guess he will then see one almighty backlash .
The ball is firmly in his court.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:11 am :roll: Sounds like Monk all over again. If he allows Bielsa to leave, he needs to be hounded out of our club immediately. No excuses!
I would say hugely different.

Firstly Monk was already in place so unlike Bielsa he wasn't someone that AR had actively brought to the club.

Secondly it always seemed that Monk was looking for a way out. Had he already been tapped up by Boro? With Bielsa I don't see that he would want to leave us for another job or leave us because we weren't giving him a pay rise.

So you had a chairman who didn't really want the manager and a manager who didn't really want to stay.

This time around we have a chairman who presumably wants the manager to stay and a manager that probably wants to stay (I don't think they would even be talking at this point if Bielsa didn't have some interest in staying as he has the option to leave if he doesn't really want to stay as such he must have an interest in staying). As such you would think that if the chairman wants him to stay and the manager wants to stay then they should be able to do a deal. My guess would be that Bielsa will have a list of players he wants to bring in (presumably discussing this with Orta in their recent meeting) and that is the key to whether a deal will be done, If Bielsa feels that AR respects him and will try his very best to get the players he wants then Bielsa will stay. Bielsa seems fairly uncomplicated like that and knows that, like last year with Vieira, that the club will probably need to sell to bring in the players they want. It might even be that Bielsa wants to see 1 or 2 players sign before he commits.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

i'd suggest you all stay calm and wait to see what happens before jumping to any conclusions.

put the kettle on and enjoy the sunshine.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This will be all about Marcelo's desire to stay, I don't think it'll have much to do with player recruitment personally
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

faaip wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:55 pm This will be all about Marcelo's desire to stay, I don't think it'll have much to do with player recruitment personally
Disagree. If you read the various comments made by Bielsa at the end of the season, he was basically saying he managed to get the very best that he could out of this group of players and it would be very difficult, neigh on impossible for the players to replicate what they did this season.

This to me is a clear sign of Bielsa saying he needs a better calibre of playing staff next season and that's the assurance that he will be wanting from Radz before he commits to one more year.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've read all the comments..I just translate that differently.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bielsa has a history of falling out with the owners 2nd season and its usually over recruitment, thats what ruined his relationship with the Bilbao board (although he did stay till his contract was up) and its what happened at Marseille.

Bielsa wont stay again if he isnt backed, he will know what and who he wants and one guaranteed way to piss Bielsa off is to sell his key players and not get the ones he wants.

Question is how far can Radz push his luck?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:34 pm Bielsa has a history of falling out with the owners 2nd season and its usually over recruitment, thats what ruined his relationship with the Bilbao board (although he did stay till his contract was up) and its what happened at Marseille.

Bielsa wont stay again if he isnt backed, he will know what and who he wants and one guaranteed way to piss Bielsa off is to sell his key players and not get the ones he wants.

Question is how far can Radz push his luck?
Agreed which is why I believe that IF he signs up for another season then we / he have probably only half a season to enjoy his time at Leeds. By the time the January TM window opens he will know if his chances of seeing his vision realised will be evident. Will the club be able to support him by strengthening the squad in key areas that the first half of the season reveals?

If it isn't then he will imo have no alternative to move on as I cant see him sticking around just to watch us crash and burn again.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:07 pm Agreed which is why I believe that IF he signs up for another season then we / he have probably only half a season to enjoy his time at Leeds. By the time the January TM window opens he will know if his chances of seeing his vision realised will be evident. Will the club be able to support him by strengthening the squad in key areas that the first half of the season reveals?

If it isn't then he will imo have no alternative to move on as I cant see him sticking around just to watch us crash and burn again
He wont stay imo, always felt this was a one shot deal and we wouldn't have the ambition and funds to convince him to stay another should we not get promoted.

Radz had to get outside help financially to help pay for Bielsa and his team, Bielsa or bust was the gamble, we lost.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

If he definitely wanted to go he would have said so by now. So his inclination is to stay but he wants to make sure everything feels right about the opportunity to at least have the same chance to go up as this season. Marcelo can’t know for sure how the squad will shape cos it’s too early in the summer to know but he can demand a plan that gives us the realistic chance of automatic promotion, I doubt he'll want to have a target of top six place only.

Radz will have to support his ambition that’s for sure. If Bielsa leaves it’s telling, can’t assess it any other way really.

For now I'll go with what was said to our supporters club representatives at LUFC's Sponsors day, Bielsa is staying
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:53 pm If he definitely wanted to go he would have said so by now. So his inclination is to stay but he wants to make sure everything feels right about the opportunity to at least have the same chance to go up as this season. Marcelo can’t know for sure how the squad will shape cos it’s too early in the summer to know but he can demand a plan that gives us the realistic chance of automatic promotion, I doubt he'll want to have a target of top six place only.

Radz will have to support his ambition that’s for sure. If Bielsa leaves it’s telling, can’t assess it any other way really.

For now I'll go with what was said to our supporters club representatives at LUFC's Sponsors day, Bielsa is staying
Well said if he wanted to go he would have gone. I can't see that Bielsa would be making extravagant demands but more that everyone is on the same page, which players he is prepared to see leave (in order to finance incoming transfers) what the budget is etc.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:53 pm If he definitely wanted to go he would have said so by now. So his inclination is to stay but he wants to make sure everything feels right about the opportunity to at least have the same chance to go up as this season. Marcelo can’t know for sure how the squad will shape cos it’s too early in the summer to know but he can demand a plan that gives us the realistic chance of automatic promotion, I doubt he'll want to have a target of top six place only.

The only way he'd change his mind is if Radz has gone back on his word and decided to sell Phillips.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

I'd say 15-20 million on 4 key players
1 or 2 wingers dependant on Pablo playing in the middle
A number 10 if Pablo plays wide.
Centreback.
Striker.

If saiz is off there is 5/6 million for a start.
15 million won't break ffp rules.

If he doesn't invest we are fucked

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

There's a pic doing the rounds of Bielsa shopping in Morrison's with a full trolley. Doesn't look like what someone leaving would do. :duno:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:10 pm There's a pic doing the rounds of Bielsa shopping in Morrison's with a full trolley. Doesn't look like what someone leaving would do. :duno:
The guy is obviously planning a leaving party.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Radrizzani said: "I start to play when I go up. At the moment I am just observing football.

These sort of comments get on my nerves,always giving it the big I am hinting at who he knows and what he could do.

"At the moment i am just observing football" . . . .'what does that mean? You are watching and hoping for the best?

He hinted at what he "would do" if what Wolves did was legal, still waiting.

What he could do if we go up, what if we dont go up? Why not show what you could do now instead of blowing your own trumpet and making vague ego massaging hints.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:48 pm "At the moment i am just observing football" . . . .'what does that mean? You are watching and hoping for the best?
:rol: :rol: :rol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The trouble is until we go up he can't show what he can do because the club won't have the money or the status. I think he is possibly referring more to the plans to develop the ground, the land around the ground, bringing the training ground back to near the stadium etc. He has got options to purchase lots of ground around the stadiums but as you yourself have pointed out a championship club with a stadium isn't worth as much as a premiership club without one so there is no point doing any of that side of things until we get promoted. Look at the infrastructure at Man City and all the area surround the Etihad stadium. They bought up loads of cheap land, streets with houses etc (it was a really scrubby area and you could buy 3 bedroom terraced houses for £30k to £40k). I think this is along the lines of what he is planning to do and a lot of the area around our stadium is basically just wasteland that is used 23 to 25 times a year for parking. Build some sort of sport city for example and people are then using the land 365 times a year. A few multistory car park, car parks built below or above shops/facilities etc and you can still provide the required amount of parking needed for matchdays.

That's just my opinion but I feel that is probably more what he is referring to than specifically transfers. The more money the club can generate the more it can then also pump back into transfers in addition to the Sky tv money.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm wondering, this is out there btw, that English isn't his first or natural language