QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QSI In Talks With Radz

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:41 am If they were an actual Leeds fan, then it would be different yes. I don't want to support a faceless rich man's plaything, I want to support a football club with heart and soul.

I've said it before, but we don't need a billionaire owner throwing money around like confetti. Our turnover shows we are self reliant, we just need an owner who isn't a loon or using us for their owner agenda.
We are a rich mans plaything.

While Radz isnt a crook, he used Leeds disgracefully once, he clearly enjoys the prestige of being our owner and the publicity it gives him to vent his views on a national scale.

We may be self reliant but we arent a success, can we remember we are currently a laughing stock again for the way we threw away promotion :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9790356

Sorry but this is pure stubbornness and greed.

He is to stubborn to admit his sell to buy and loan policy doesnt work and to greedy to relinquish any more control to get some funding for the club, this isnt doing whats best for the club especially if Bielsa stays this is the last chance to make the best use of the best manager we have had for ages.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:06 am We are a rich mans plaything.

While Radz isnt a crook, he used Leeds disgracefully once, he clearly enjoys the prestige of being our owner and the publicity it gives him to vent his views on a national scale.

We may be self reliant but we arent a success, can we remember we are currently a laughing stock again for the way we threw away promotion :(
I agree I don't like Radz. I just want an owner who sits in the background and takes no publicity.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:42 am I agree I don't like Radz. I just want an owner who sits in the background and takes no publicity.
I just want an owner who shares the ambition of the fans, to be the best side we can be, isnt that what we all want?

That isnt Radz., we are now seeing the stubborn and arrogant side of a man who loves PR just as we did with the Myanmar debacle.
Signed

King Cjay

Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

I’m sure we all want an owner who does what’s best for the club. All seemed fairly rosy when Radz first assumed full control, and the buying back of ER was to be applauded. This bought him time by getting people onside, while making an investment with minimal risk. Very clever. I’m naturally sceptical of football club owners, but gave Radz the benefit of the doubt. Recruiting MB last year was also to be supported, and the direction of travel looked ok. But the undercurrent has at times presented a different picture. Myanmar needs no further comment here. Investment in the squad has been very limited compared to our main competitors, and the policy of quantity over quality was plainly ridiculous. That did change somewhat last season, but we still sold to buy. For a club like ours that is very disappointing; we’re not Brentford (and I mean absolutely no disrespect to the Bees).

Risk averse decision making is all well and good, but if that’s all there is then a hefty chunk of good fortune will be needed to get out of this league. We’ve never been a lucky club though, have we 😢
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:13 pm I just want an owner who shares the ambition of the fans, to be the best side we can be, isnt that what we all want?

That isnt Radz., we are now seeing the stubborn and arrogant side of a man who loves PR just as we did with the Myanmar debacle.
Why can't we have that without selling our souls? Without ER being renamed Qatar Airways Stadium?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:32 pm Why can't we have that without selling our souls? Without ER being renamed Qatar Airways Stadium?
They can call it Stadium McStadia for all i care as long as they run the club with ambition and care.
Signed

King Cjay

Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

TwatsBack wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:25 pm Die?? Really?? We didn't die with a 120MILLION debt round our necks did we. 20 mill in football is real small fry these days.
Bolton almost died
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Now here is the thing.

That YEP reminded me of what is a pretty obvious point.

IF we had have promoted this season, Radz would be planning his exit. He would have sold Leeds at the drop of a hat.

Who would have bought us? Some cashed up overseas consortium who would have no doubt had a tilt at turning us into a BIG club.

So why postpone the inevitable? In two seasons time we will have a new owner, -- and we cant control who that is--- the only question is what division we will be in when it happens?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:02 pm Now here is the thing.

That YEP reminded me of what is a pretty obvious point.

IF we had have promoted this season, Radz would be planning his exit. He would have sold Leeds at the drop of a hat.

Who would have bought us? Some cashed up overseas consortium who would have no doubt had a tilt at turning us into a BIG club.

So why postpone the inevitable? In two seasons time we will have a new owner, -- and we cant control who that is--- the only question is what division we will be in when it happens?
Could it be that the Qatari lot were meant to take us over all along?

They didnt want a 2nd division club at the time and were still fully focused on PSG. So they have been helping Radz on the sly (we know there were connections thats for certain).

As this season progressed deals were being arranged, a purchase of shares maybe in preparation for the premier league.

A price negotiated on the reasonable assumption we would be in the Premier league (if its been going on for months its entirely plausible we expected to be a prem team), maybe not a full takeover but a substantial stake.

But now things have changed, the Qataris arent having a great time in Paris, we didnt get promoted and the Qataris have decided they want us but at a reduced price.

Radz cant take that because he would lose money or make only a tiny profit.

Radz cant afford to take a loss or only a small profit so he is digging his heels in?
Signed

King Cjay

Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

I like Radz. He seems a decent guy and I'm grateful he's come in and rid us of the awful triangle of hell that was Bates/GFH/Cellino. That said, some of his PR has been shocking and if we have the opportunity of significant investment then he has to swallow it and sell up.
I look at that final today between two sides who, over the course of most of the season, haven't been fit to lick our boots and think, particularly after this season, that it's just never going to be us. We don't get the luck that we need....ever, so the only option seems to be steamrolling our way there with significant financial muscle and doing everything we can to circumvent FFP once we have the investment (let's face it, loads of other clubs do.....they just do it creatively - Wolves and now Derby being the obvious examples).

I'm not convinced that Radz will cling on if presented with a very good offer. He may come to an agreement that he stays and steadies the ship for a year or two while the QSI lot get a handle on things but if the interest is genuine (which it seems it is), a good offer is made and Radz plays hardball to the extent that they walk away, he will be a VERY unpopular man and unlikely to be considered welcome by many afterwards.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

As a footnote to my previous post, I wonder what agreements we came to with the 49ers when they bought their stake. I know it's only 10% but perhaps they were offered assurances re more significant investment further down the line and that could be a sticking point........?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:13 pm Could it be that the Qatari lot were meant to take us over all along?

They didnt want a 2nd division club at the time and were still fully focused on PSG. So they have been helping Radz on the sly (we know there were connections thats for certain).

As this season progressed deals were being arranged, a purchase of shares maybe in preparation for the premier league.

A price negotiated on the reasonable assumption we would be in the Premier league (if its been going on for months its entirely plausible we expected to be a prem team), maybe not a full takeover but a substantial stake.

But now things have changed, the Qataris arent having a great time in Paris, we didnt get promoted and the Qataris have decided they want us but at a reduced price.

Radz cant take that because he would lose money or make only a tiny profit.

Radz cant afford to take a loss or only a small profit so he is digging his heels in?
I'm wondering about the 25% owned by the 49ers. Did Radz convince them that they would be able to have a quick turn around on their £+11 M investment last season? Allowing us to go for MB and the big financial risk it involved. The 49ers guys were at the Derby game and I can only imagine the conversations afterwards... We didnt even get to Wembley which cost us another 4M on missed revenues.

Now we know we lost £15M last season, have no money to strengthen the squad going forward and may find some of our talent cherry picked like it was after it went pear shaped during the Ridsdale era.

From what I read the Qataris want a stake in England. My bet would be that if they cant pin Radz down to a sale then they may look elsewhere in the Championship or the Prem.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:40 pm I'm wondering about the 25% owned by the 49ers. Did Radz convince them that they would be able to have a quick turn around on their £+11 M investment last season? Allowing us to go for MB and the big financial risk it involved. The 49ers guys were at the Derby game and I can only imagine the conversations afterwards... We didnt even get to Wembley which cost us another 4M on missed revenues.

Now we know we lost £15M last season, have no money to strengthen the squad going forward and may find some of our talent cherry picked like it was after it went pear shaped during the Ridsdale era.

From what I read the Qataris want a stake in England. My bet would be that if they cant pin Radz down to a sale then they may look elsewhere in the Championship or the Prem.
Is it 25% the 49ers owe? Thought it was less than that.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

SaraM wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:26 am I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the super wealthy are ruining life on Earth.

The root of all evil. (I'm sure Ian will provide chapter and verse.)
This is not a new problem Sara. There are many examples in the bible of the super rich exploiting and abusing the ordinary people.
The British colonization of the world was facilitated with the lives of common people (British and locals) at the command of the rich and powerful.
There always has been the desire of the few to exploit the rest of us. It has always been like this and it always will be.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Durly wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:44 pm Is it 25% the 49ers owe? Thought it was less than that.

Hi Durly
From the YEP article:

Radrizzani reduced his 100 per cent stake in Leeds exactly a year ago when 49ers Enterprises, the investment branch of the San Francisco 49ers, bought £11m-worth of shares and provided a chunk of the funding for the Championship term just gone. The value of those shares amounted to around 25 per cent of the entire club, though Radrizzani retained higher voting rights at boardroom level and lost next to nothing in terms of operational control.
'
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi Durly
From the YEP article:

Radrizzani reduced his 100 per cent stake in Leeds exactly a year ago when 49ers Enterprises, the investment branch of the San Francisco 49ers, bought £11m-worth of shares and provided a chunk of the funding for the Championship term just gone. The value of those shares amounted to around 25 per cent of the entire club, though Radrizzani retained higher voting rights at boardroom level and lost next to nothing in terms of operational control.
Thanks. :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

TBF The Niners are well used to under performance, picked high again in April despite being tipped to make the playoffs ...Like the other Bay area ball club they have struggled in recent years. I doubt they expected promotion, they're not stupid...and you'd have to be stupid to expect promotion.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:40 pm I'm wondering about the 25% owned by the 49ers. Did Radz convince them that they would be able to have a quick turn around on their £+11 M investment last season? Allowing us to go for MB and the big financial risk it involved. The 49ers guys were at the Derby game and I can only imagine the conversations afterwards... We didnt even get to Wembley which cost us another 4M on missed revenues.

Possibly mate, the 49ers just want a profit on their investment like Radz, now they are tied to a loss making 2nd division team that they are 25% responsible for.

Is that what they signed up for? Doubt it. I really do think their is a lot more to this and the Qatar stuff, have a feeling best laid plans have gone to pot and now people are scrambling.

25% for £11mil, so the club was valued at £44mil in May 2018

He also said in October 2018 the club was worth double what he invested (he already claimed he had invested over £100mil back in 2017).And he claimed he had rejcted offers for the club, he said this in the interview in October 2018 where he claims the club is worth double his investment despite selling £25% for just £11mil months earlier.

A lot of what he says and does makes no sense.

I think he has backed himself into a corner and their is no way he can make any money and he knows it, selling assets is the only way as a sale wouldn't cover his losses.

He'd need someone willing to pay close to £200mil for the club going by his previous comments which will never happen in this league.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Maybe Phil Hay and them are right, Radz really wont sell anything and will be in charge next year.

Maybe its the 49ers who the Qatari investors want to buyout for a start?

That means they aren't responsible for day to day running, Radz remains in charge, but Radz has access to their connections for the upcoming season?

QSI wont be the face of a 2nd division club, but they can lend a helping hand with the aim to increase control upon promotion and enable Radz to "play".
Signed

King Cjay